Convince me that older cars are better than modern cars without using a muh feels argument

Convince me that older cars are better than modern cars without using a muh feels argument

Depends on how old you are talking.

Some people consider cars that are ten years old to be old cars.

That piece of shit Citroen is overrated like the rest of the DS family.

Butt ugly roaches car for gay people

Go back to your camaro cleetus.

Well that particular car is more confortable than anything short of a rolls or a magic ride control mercedes S-Class.

But older cars don't suffer from horrific depriciation while doing nearly everything a new car can do, in some cases better.

if your budget is $20k or lower you can pick any type of car you like when buying old
whereas you are limited to shitty econoboxes with new ones

a old car will survive hitting a brick wall at 20km/h
a new one, not so much

analog is better in the car world, digital is what gave us high beltlines fwd and crossovers

If the Camaro was an Italian car, it would have been called Camario

i call them caramellos because of their drivers

I can't, the Modern NSX for example is better than the old one in every way. it even does "Feels" better. this car will give you more feels than an opera house orgy at the Vatican. the Passion and Soul oozes from every technological gizmo and if you parked it side-by-side next to the old one people would be stunned with the new one's beauty.
Better gas mileage
More power
More speed
More comfy
More safety
More features
>heavier
Just means more car in general.

caMARIO

Yeah but you won't

Old vans were better.

Pros and cons of an older car (in my opinion)

Pros:
Less electronic gadgetry to maintain and repair
More servicable in general by myself
Primitive electrical systems keep things easy to maintain and modify
Can disassemble near any part with a handful of tools
My car in particular can be stripped out with a small variety of tools. Bolts vary from 8mm up to 13mm and aside from torx screws thats all i need to work on it.

Cons:
Much higher maintenance required
Lack of ABS and other safety systems
Primitive electronic system limits what modifications I can do
Parts get more expensive by the year (not sure if hold true for all vehicles, feels free to correct me)
Gas milage gradually dropping as the years go by without expensive engine and drivetrain maintenance

There more pros and cons id like to list but I feel as though I got the major ones

Also it seems every thread I post in dies. I'll just go gently fuck myself

Can i join?

Sure can. I like to start with 4 fingers and then my fist

They can actually be fixed instead of having to buy some weird proprietary ass computer module from the dealer, some of which we will no longer have access to 20 years from now which makes them very disposable... they won't last a long time like older ones.

Hey what about me

OBD1 or none
Designed around driveability/driver
Rwd

Need I go on?
Morons

My model is a stick shift b/c it dates from when the company still made manual transmissions.
So not only is it unavailable to purchase, it's also worth far more than the automatics.

Can repair anything pretty much pre-80's with the cheapest tool set from Harbor Freight. No smog bullshit. Carburetor while being less effect is definitely more simplistic.

everything in the car has its own proprietary computer and even under warranty I've read stories about the company running out of replacements at which point they cite some bullshit loophole in the warranty and then there's no amount of force, money, or interest that will ever get your infotainment system working again

I care about my car more than my body tbqhwyf