Where is the worst place in the world to be a car enthusiast? (apart from North Korea)

Where is the worst place in the world to be a car enthusiast? (apart from North Korea)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djws-Y6vKNk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any 3rd world country

Italy

Denmark or Singapore

dont think its the worst, since we have the autobahn (which is overrated imo) but the TÜV fucks everyone from time to time. (GERMANY)

In Japan it's actually 4 times more expensive to run a car then it is in the UK

nah, in 3rd world countries you don't have as many car killing road laws and you won't get judged for driving a shitbox

Australia

It seems fun is illegal over there

Switzerland or Denmark.

America.

Iceland

Vietnam / Malaysia / Singapore afaik, unless you're rich. And ofc african shitholes.

>Malaysia
they are better since no such restrictions for importing used cars

>car killing road laws and you won't get judged for driving a shitbox
Florida doesn't have inspections and there are shitboxes everywhere here

Finland.

Cars (both new and used ones) cost 2 to 4 times more than they would in Germany or UK.
Everything related to cars is taxed at ridiculous levels but to be fair the insurance costs in UK are worse.
Our roads are shit and only getting worse.
Despite our relative success in motorsport the vast majority of people here only care about what diesel wagon gets the best mpg here and concepts like "driving dynamics" or "car being more than just a means to get from point A to point B" are alien here.

I guess Honk Kong or Singapore.

There was a foreign exchange student from an African shithole in middle school maybe, and I had him on Facebook years after, and he was obsessed with Benz. Looks like his family had a garage full of new ones,half his posts were about benzes . But I guess you have to be rich to be a foreign exchange student from Africa

Florida is basically a 3rd world country at this point

At least you got clean shit down there.
>t. rustbelt

Any urban area.

FUCKING THE ENTIRE WORLD

EVERYONE HAS SHIT TASTE

>living past 20 isnt fun

you'd think the UK would be one of the best considering cheap shitboxes and comparitivly inexpensive driving (inb4 butthurt teenagers whining about insurance) but car culture over here is so unbelievably shit. Your choices are:
>old boomers with imported bel-airs that see the road once a year
>edgy chavs in corsas spamming LOL M9
>"drifters" who can manage a bit of power-on-oversteer in their welded-diff E36 and think they're ken fucking block
>desperate middle aged men vying to become internet celebrities on single-make forums
>club organisers who make Hitler look like a fair and reasonable person
>off-roaders who think they're the next emergency service because they towed an X5 out of a ditch once in the snow
>bikers resuppying the british isles with salt whenever someone mildly inconviences them (this isnt exclusive to the UK)
>hero-worship sycophantic youtube faggots chasing Muhammad Abdullah Bin-Al Quada Salaam Tikka Mossala around london during "supercar week" which is where a bunch of arabians ship their various overpriced volkswagens over from the middle east and, i shit you not, drive them slowly around the most congested parts of London.

we're also about 20 years behind Japan so we've now just started getting "kanjo racing" IE 20 honda civics doing the occasional 3rd gear pull on the M25 in the middle of the night pretending they're in the fucking mid night club.

Being obsessed with Mercedes is 100% an African genetic trait.

This. Jeremy Clarkson has a motoring world type series on Switzerland and it shows off how fiercely anti-car they are. You basically have a choice between motorcycles and these weird motorcycles with a shell on them. Nothing else meets their regulations put in place specifically to kill cars.

Doesn't a Corvette cost like a million bucks in Denmark just because lol environment taxes?

>(apart from North Korea)

everything spot on mate

north east England here mate it's legit just corsas.

>drive round with friends mostly Vauxhalls
>I decide to be different and get a swift sport
>literally heckled for having more then a £800 corsa 1.2 sxi
>doesn't even matter if I'm faster then them because you can never outrun the feels

They are not even sold here

also all of my slav friends fucking love them too

We're brits, the country of weird shed loners, when did we give a shit what other people thought? Fuck normies
>Buy nearly anything you want
>Enjoy SVA regulations for kits and imports
>Insurance fine if you're not in London and over 25
>Fuel isn't lol nordic expensive
>Just go to Wales/Scotland and enjoy some of the prettiest roads on earth

Slavs love BMWs, Audis and Mercs.

>swift sport
why not just get an mx5 m8

i fuckin love my corsa m9

slamber city is gay though

really? that's so strange, i would have thought a lot of finnish kids grow up on the dirt roads racing their dads rally cars

>edgy chavs in corsas spamming LOL M9

Don't forget the extortionate taxes piled on top of all that. My brother's paying £260~ a year insurance for his '92 Maestro. I'm paying that on road tax alone for my MR2 MK3.
Then you've got VAT on fuel and on top of that the extra 59p per litre fuel tax.
The chavs in Corsas scene has died out around here. Everyone who went mad for hatchbacks when NFSU/2 came out have moved up to Jap saloons. All the young drivers have one or two year old Audis or Kias their parents pay finance for.

Also this. MK2 MX-5s can be had for cheap. The 1.6 will stop you getting raped by the tax and insurance men as well as being better for modding, or so I'm led to believe.

England has its fair share of decent roads with all the country lanes spread throughout as well as the Midlands Tick being a big one.

Because
>insurance

>A country where there's an annual burn out competition
>Worst car culture

how old are you

"Gee I sure would like to put some new wheels on my car, maybe adjust the suspension..."
"OFF TO THE SLAMMER MATE"
>island of convicts anyway

i love the a171 but since spring this year its been full of normies constantly driving 10-20 miles per hour under the speed limit...

and the only time the road is clear enough to get past them in my low powered shitbox they find their throttle.

I drive a heavily modified imported vehicle with an engine swap, wheels with outrageous offset compared to standard, wider tyres, coilovers, and much bigger brakes than standard. Fully road registered, insured, and have not once had issues with the police. Try harder m8.

insurance is fucked but you can get a solid NB for £500. you're making up the price of the insurance with a cheap as fuck car. same goes with the SW20.

slamber city/town etc is utter cancer, more busriders than Veeky Forums and the fact it went private cracked me up given their "give a fuck" attitude.

>Audis or Kias
why these two?

Dude premium lmao and dude value lmao.

Kia do those great warranties so that makes sense at least. Audi A1/3s and Merc A classes because they're a "posh" hatchback. The ones who like booting it around the island next to the McDonald's they meet at usually have Fiestas.

Is there such a thing as a UK car group for people who aren't complete fuckwads?
I feel it should exist
Just for cool people who have nice cars

Russia wins hands down
>median salary is $5000/yr
>roads outside of Moscow are a fucking joke
>most older cars have rusted throughout because of the salt they use during winter months (September to May)

I got a swift sport because it's Japanese and cute.

If I got a MX5 the British police here who have BMW X5s to chase corsas would instantly take me to the queen to be hung because I'm not driving a "PROPA BRITISH M O B I L E."

That looks like something you could make look like a lightcycle

You forgot to add:

>chavs in ebay-modded peugeot 206's taking upwards of 15 seconds to overtake on B roads
>beat to shit S13/14's or 318's on cut springs scraping metal on asphalt as they bounce along the road at 20mph
>people who put obnoxiously loud exhausts on their audi a3's
>sociopathic van drivers who disregard every single road law
>old women drivers who don't know how to maneuver a small vehicle and are so incredibly incompetent they dont even apply brakes when stopped in traffic (nearly got ran over by one as i tried to cross a zebra crossing with green for me)

>inb4 butthurt teenagers whining about insurance
When does insurance become reasonable then? I'm twenty and live in the most backwater part of rural wales, and relatively boring things still get quotes of £3000+. You're full of shit.

You're wrong brother.

>No one gives a shit about traffic rules
>Cops can be bribed
>You can race and rice and drift as much as you want
>Cars are dirt cheap
>License is easy to get
>Gas cheap af
>Just get a Truck and enjoy the roads. Every commute will feel like an off road track.

I'm from there so I know. Maybe it's just not the best place to drive your JDM honda civic that's 0.000001 inches off the ground because it will get stuck, but hey you're an idiot for lowering it that far in the first place.

>3rd world income
>1st world cuck-tier laws
>snow and salt and potholes eat cars like OP eats cocks
>worst used car market in the world
Guess the region.

Dead wrong, 3rd world countries have the laxest of laws.

>>hero-worship sycophantic youtube faggots chasing Muhammad Abdullah Bin-Al Quada Salaam Tikka Mossala around london during "supercar week" which is where a bunch of arabians ship their various overpriced volkswagens over from the middle east and, i shit you not, drive them slowly around the most congested parts of London.

HOLY FUCK MY SIDES

>vast majority of people here only care about what diesel wagon gets the best mpg here and concepts like "driving dynamics" or "car being more than just a means to get from point A to point B" are alien here.

But a way bigger percentage of people are car people here than in basically anywhere else in Europe, it's not too bad here.

sounds like poland

It's a Gypsy thing here.

>ctrl+f calif
>no results
oh boy

>most older cars have rusted throughout because of the salt they use during winter months (September to May)

My 370z costs 380 a year with breakdown etc and I'm 28. Had a Leon cupra r at 24 which cost £700.

The entirety of Europe is basically California but worse, you have no fucking right to complain.

>all of Europe has the same laws and wealth

Probably Brazil:
-All cars sold here sucks, no exceptions, want something fun? Get an import and get fucked over to find and buy any parts;
-Speedtraps everywhere, speeding tickets can cost your whole salary;
-Three mandatory Anual tax, including a "life insurance" which barely covers any medical expenses you can have, theft insurance is almost mandatory to have;
-Literally every car on the road is overpriced, even rusted shitboxes;
-Want to customize your car? You need to have your car inspected and permission of the DMV;
-You can only add an extra 10% of power on your car based on the original engine;
-Upgrade your brakes? You can't.
-Upgrade your headlights? You can't.
-Want to reduce your ride height? A maximum of 10cm is allowed.
-90% of cars on the road are FWD and under 110hp.

Alright, go compare every single Euro country's laws to California's. I'll fucking wait.

Ontario, Canada

Argentina

>Bring Porsche import for some fun
>have funny number plate for some bants
>cause ultimate chimp out cause theyre upset about some shit from 30 years ago

sustained loss of traction is illegal don't you know

yeah but you dont have money to buy a fun car you idiot.

you are dumb as shit if you think anywhere in America is bad compared to Any country in Europe

Anywhere in the rust belt, specifically MN for our retarded department of transportation not fixing any roads

ARGENTINA IS WHITE MY FRIEND IT IS WHITEEEEEEEEEEEE

How about we create the worst possible driving nation by combining existing laws, taxes, road conditions, departments of motoring, etc.?

If you think your roads are bad come drive any road in Arizona that's not in the Phoenix metro

What? All you need is to live in a shit tier country. forget laws and regulations.

You think people in the DRC or Somalia care about car culture lol.

ffs

27 here and past my test last august. Insurance for the year I've paid about £950 quid for... a 1.2 Corsa C. Was around £1800 when I first passed.

Even when my insurance has dropped fully as a more experience driver I live in an area that is a high crime/idiots crashing zone.

Yeah, cars are overpriced, fuel is RETARDED expensive because taxes, you can't always get replacement parts for imports, roads can be shitty, and other stuff, but still

>Can just grab car and str8 up go as fast as it will go for pretty much as much as you want, as long as you stop for de frenly bolis+gendarmerie posts
>Fairly alright car culture, which although infested with retarded ricers, still has knowledgeable people all over the country
>A grand total of 4 or 5 "speeding cameras" (the ones that are radar-activated) in the gorillions of miles of road we have. Just don't be a retard in downtown of most capital cities because there may be security cameras, though they may not work/not give much of a shit about you

It's weird thinking about the fact that I once did 155 MPH during like an hour straight just for lolz, effectively more than doubling the country's highest speed limit. And I could just grab the car again and be absolutely madmaning it in minutes

And the fact that I've been hooning in an old BMW for the last 5 years is also amusing. Despite throwing the thing's tail around literally 50 meters away from the DMV, never got in trouble, hue

I'm going to have to go with Norway or whatever frozen shithole the guy with the red Hilux lives in. You need 50 special licences to drive a normal sized pickup truck ffs. Snowmachines are illegal, It's cloudy and cold, cars are expensive and cucked like the rest of Europe. Yuck.

I'm glad it's like this. We don't need more retards in pickups on the roads.

Wow, a rare, insightful post. Good to know senpai.

looks like it'd be in Akira.

That's not true. The only thing tarnishing driving cars are the absolutely draconian speeding fines. Going 12 mph over gets you $630 in fees, a month of suspension and a misdemeanor charge.

Slavs are white skinned niggers, dontcha know

New Zealand, cunts turned down my warrant for some superficial rust. Didnt even want a chassis anyways.

Wrong Im having so much fun

Singapore. A fucking Prius costs at least 120.000 USD no joke

Not exactly the question but if you aren't autistically into cars and or sports in Australia you're considered a freak

>mfw fast nichts in meiner scheisseschachtel ist TÜV-Konform

Ein interressantes fühl

nett

Austria!

Highest car tax baby!

Monkey here, can confirm

>monkey here
UMA
M
A

California. Which basically might as well be a third world communist shithole

Reminder that Malaysia is the best country to be a car enthusiast in