/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 25] Some 3DS users are receiving LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play and use of the Friend List. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works.
There's no known correlation between the bans at the moment. Some sources report that a few non-hacked 3DS also got banned.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (guide in the Pastebin), but be careful, as this could potentially lead to another ban. All of the currently public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B files have been banned.
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/jcdfam.zip
pastebin.com/E81SWT3b
pastebin.com/Bg7n8mNr
nicoblog.org/wii-iso/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

CURRENT PUBLIC WORKING LocalFriendCodeSeed_B (NEEDED TO UNBAN)
a.pomf.cat/jcdfam.zip

GUIDE ON HOW TO USE IT
FBI: pastebin.com/E81SWT3b
Decrypt9: pastebin.com/Bg7n8mNr

hbg chan daikusi

reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for

/hbg/-chan,daisuki~

Thank you for spreading this for me.

YOU SOLD US OUT!

s-shut up it's gonna get better

Anyone got the .tik for Darksiders: Warmastered Edition?

Friendly reminder to hold off changing Friendcode seeds until we know what's causing the ban

>Who /NotBanned/ here?

>tfw don't have friends
>tfw it doesn't matter if I get banned
c o m f y

Why?

This seed is ALREADY public. It'll be banned no matter what, so if you need to connect urgently (or simply want to play one last time) for whatever reason, you might as well.

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer and also got your 3ds banned

i did because you nerds didn't daisuki me back

what do I hold at startup for godmode9 again

Anyone get a PSTV working (bypassing HDCP) on a computer monitor through a capture card without a HDMI splitter?

And the best thing is, we don't know when it's going to happen. We're still waiting for a hypothetical 2nd wave that hasn't happened yet. It could be like the SM bans all over again and they ban the public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B like once every 2-3 months. That's what they've been doing up until now.
While this LocalFriendCodeSeed_B you may as well grab it, nothing is going to change.

L R L R STOP AND DASH AND UP AND TALK B A B S

how do we know that going online at this point in time won't ensure you get banned in the future

I think you need a hdmi splitter to bypass hdcp, that's most of the point of one.

We don't. We know almost literally nothing. Hence, don't even touch your 3DS for now.

I am predicting this seed lasts less than a week at most optimistically, and more realistically only a couple of days.

Still. No reason to NOT use the new seed if you are banned, since it is certainly already flagged.

What's your 3DS doing right now /hbg/?

>sitting in sleep mode
>wifi off
>OoT at the Spirit Temple

Is it time to leave this sinking ship and move to the VIta?

i really wanna check to see if i'm not banned

where should i check and avoid?

I seriously hate the staple of /hbg/ culture "ignore those who pingo you to just or it's your fault"

>"Thank you for calling Nintendo this is Mike can I start with your email address?"
>Yadadada
>Tell them I have an issue with connecting my 3DS to Nintendo's online services
>"No problem, I'll be happy to help you with that. Is there a parent or guardian around who happens to have the serial number of the Nintendo 3DS console?"
>Uhhhhhhh I'm 24
>"Oh! Haha perfect, in that case please read back to me the serial number of the system. It should be located in the back of the console"
>Give it to him and tell him the error code
>"Unfortunately this error code means that Nintendo has found unauthorized software modifications on your child's console and has banned you because of that. It will not be lifted"
>It's not my child's console though. And I have no unauthorized software on the system, I don't even know what that means.
>"I apologize for the misunderstanding sir. Unfortunately your wife's son must have downloaded something he shouldn't have. If you have any more questions please feel free to consult the Nintendo website."
>What the fuck, it's my console dude. I don't have kids. I swear I didn't do anything to my 3DS.
>"You're 24 years old and still play Nintendo consoles dude?" *audible laughter from a bunch of people in the background*

do a quarter circle from down to right then press b

Has ANYONE gotten banned in the last 10 hours or so who knows for sure they were not initially hit by the first wave? Or have you read anything of the sort among people who're constantly checking whether or not they're banned?

Unless you're already banned, in which case you are free and can just use the new public seed :^).

Turned off, but I've been fidgeting with it all day, unbanned and with wi-fi on.

At this point I'm like a death row prisoner who just wants it to be over with.

I looked into my friendlist, bam ban.

God fucking damn it, I remember playing that shit on newgrounds when I was like 12.

just chill out and jerk off

dont worry about anything for now

b-but i bought the new weeb machine

Check your friend list

I still don't know if I'm banned because it just tells me to update when I check my friend list and I'm not doing that

Sitting on my shelf, out of battery, not having been touched in months. I'm probably okay. Maybe.

I just check if I was banned and indeed I was. Last time I used online services was like a month ago.

Because the persona and vocaloid machine needs more hacks.

>want to see if im banned
>friend list wont work because i need to update
>get the new bootstrap thing for luma so i can update
>decide im 2scared to update 3ds

This will get banned so damn quick with all these autist using it and being epic by trying to get it banned quick.

Don't let me down. All 2 of you people who still use a Wii U.

Alright but you don't enter the criteria I mentioned. I'd like to know if there are still ban waves going on or if they just swipped once or twice and that's it.

I checked like an hour ago to see if I was banned or not. I wasn't. I checked 5 mins ago and I was still not banned.

You're either banned or not

ughhh
the temptation to check if i got the bans is real, but i don't want to risk getting myself flagged if i haven't been flagged yet somehow

I barely even touch my 3DS anyway so I don't lose much either way. But I'd prefer to remain unbanned so that I can wear that fact like a badge to the applause of absolutely nobody.

sent

I'm not so sure the banning process occurs that quickly, especially given this is Nintendo, so that's not very reassuring.

I'm still banned after doing this

gonna use this seed and then immediately cheat online in pokemon so I can get it banned. if I'm banned, everyone must get banned too.

hur thx men 10/10

>You're either banned or not
B-but le ebin wave meme! Surely everyone else is gonna get banned too!

>You're either banned or not
no way

Anyone here that still has menuhax+emunand get banned?

Thanks user, now i can play mhxx online for like couple hours before nintendo eventually bans this

You weren't in this wave, but you certainly marked yourself for the next one. There's zero benefit to checking right now, just wait at least a few days and see if some autist figures it out.

Feels good my man

wait nvm, pasted the wrong one

source: my sweaty balls

Those hours are all you need to git gud, I hope?

source: common sense

Should I open and check?

Why are people trying to get this banned now?

Just use ctr-httpwn

up up down down left right left right B A start

real new thread that won't get deleted

So is that his hair, like some sort of flat ponytail, or is it a ribbon?

aka my sweaty balls

The PS button

Hopefully I can finish farming some of my stuff. But most of /mhg/ is nuked so I prolly have to play with shitty nip random.

The new seed? It was posted already in multiple areas. There's no reason to "try" to get it banned, but there's no reason to not play it either. It'll definitely get banned quickly regardless, even if nobody tries to get it banned.

Post it in /mhg/ too?

Well, last sunday I went online to try to download FE:Echoes of the freeshop. I even updated it but I couldn't download it anyway so I got it from a cia.

That still didn't get me banned.

Unless their hitlist is huge, they're done for all I care.

Check what? If your 3DS was stolen?

Just do a half A press at startup and it will launch.

A ponytail.

Fuck off with your thread wars shit.

menuhax+emunand here, still not banned. I have yet to see one menuhax or gateway ban from this wave.

Eh, maybe. I'll just play things safe for the next week or so.

Kill yourself.

Yes, I would wait if I were you.

Recommended place to get Wii games?

Are those fags samurai? wtf japan

But the vita is also a sinking ship

Wii?
>Google

Wii U?
>Either uTik or NUS Grabber

gamestop

Emuparadise works for me

but they won't show you games unless you make an account and post a ridiculous amount of times

You are right. I just download GC here, my bad.

>retard's opinions on things they know nothing about are now """"common sense"""

blame Merkabah's shit taste

What? I've never bothered with posting there and was still able to download the games, granted this was a few years ago though

>Google
Lacks a lot and typically just results in being directed to dead torrents.
Has some, but not too many. I was hoping for something that has a larger catalog.

I mean, yes and no. They're from SMT IV.

I-it's not like I daisuki or anything, /hbg/-chan. Baka! ~

I can never daisuki you again after you sold me out

Have you seen if it's on Wii U USB Helper?

Fuck off back to your thread.

I'll download USB Helper and check, I've only checked on uTik and NUS Grabber.

nicoblog.org/wii-iso/

I havent used my 3ds in a few months, but I heard about the bans. I loaded my 3ds up thats on 11.3 and I'm not banned.

Is it only a recent thing that's getting people banned?