How do you know if the airbags in a 20+ years old car still work?

How do you know if the airbags in a 20+ years old car still work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LoZMUNED_ng
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

quickest way is to crash into a concrete wall at 50 mph

Drive really fast into a wall

I'd rather be worried about them suddenly work when you're not expecting it

my 25 year old steering wheel airbag worked just fine other than roughing up my face a bit. better than cracking my head open on the steering wheel though

something i always imagined happening was if someone wore glasses the airbag would shove them into their eyes

This is legit a fear of mine. I wear glasses because of being near sighted.

Ive been hit with a twenty year old air bag thanks to a deer. Would not recommend.

Airbags are a Jewish invention and do more harm than good.

Glasses break pretty easily. I don't mean the glass itself because that's probably the most sturdy part about them, but the frame will probably split in half where it's on your nose.

0:56

youtube.com/watch?v=LoZMUNED_ng

>owning a car with airbags

>How do you know if the airbags in a 20+ years old car still work?
Because they are made from known to be stable explosives that do not degrade. It's when the design is bad (Takata China) that it can misbehave when it gets to be old. Otherwise, chemical stability is pretty good.

>something i always imagined happening was if someone wore glasses the airbag would shove them into their eyes
Imagine you are smoking a pipe. The airbag goes off and it shoves the pipe into your throat. As for glasses, they should not break because they will deform around your face and be cushioned by the flesh. So they will be momentary flush with your face and spring back into shape.

The real idiots are those that put stuff on top of the dash near the passenger air bag like bobbleheads, trinkets, or feet. Those things are shoved away and can acquire harmful velocity.

This. Comfy 80's interiors sans airbag are the only way to go

>Imagine you are smoking a pipe.
That's not hard. Someone can be vaping at the moment they have an accident. Boom. The airbag shoves the vape pipe into the throat and the guy chokes on it. +1 if the pipe keeps on releasing vape due to pressure.

>zero structural integrity

airbag wouldn't have helped in anyways tbqh, also cool 'yota m8.

Some obscure scenario still sounds better than flying through the windshield.

Putting a new spin on smoking carcass.
That mental image ascended my sides.

The body could still breathe fine through the vaporizer.

you mean airbags kill vape fags?
sounds pretty good desu

They even gave the dummy a cigarette kek

If cigarette embers are regularly jammed into the eye socket, then that is worth noting on the post-accident report.

>Airbags kill vapefags
That sounds great.

My buddy actually crashed his '95 F-150 by driving to fast, losing traction and crashed into a pole the other day during tropical storm Harvey.

Airbags deployed, but they had to pry his fat ass out of the truck.

wew one of the worst offset performers, is he okay?

Fractured his left leg from what he what he told me, he'll make it though.

>How do you know if the airbags in a 20+ years old car still work?
Because they work in many other cars. But you're welcome to replace them if you want. As for them being accidentally triggered, it's the electronics that does that. Airbags do not use unstable explosives like cleetus dynamite which as it ages becomes unstable and can self-detonate.

If you bought it used, or you've ever left your car with a mechanic, there's a good chance they've been stolen long ago anyway.

You can google some of the investigative news coverage - some shops were reselling 20 or 30 a week online at hundreds of bucks a pop.

I don't live in North Jersey.

The way I make sure is that I have no airbags