Is the JZ family just a meme?

Is the JZ family just a meme?

yes, ford barra is a far superior motor

Probably. He and Beyonce probably gave their kid that weird ass name so she would have a leg up when trying to become an entertainer

no your a meme

>meme

does his just mean anything now?

What's your idea of an Veeky Forums related meme, some trash "lol my project car is a piece of shit" comic reposted a million times by CancerThrottle?

Well, I wouldn't consider the JZ family of motors to be shit or go-to necessarily. Ya, people may talk about it here but very few actually pull the trigger on one with the intention of swapping or building.

An LS-series would be the closest "meme" engine, but again, how often do you actually see an LS-swapped car if ur not a mechanic or Veeky Forums guy by trade?

Good motors are good motors, doesn't matter what people bitch about.

Yes. By the time you get them up to modern power levels or the equivalent of a Junkyard LS with 5g into it you're left with an almost useless powerband and massive turbo lag.

nothing...nothing...boost, wheelspin....shift - Repeat. Useless for most motorsports.

Go back to carthrottle or youtube comments or whatever Facebook group you came from, kid

Kek

My 5 grand 2JZ-GE with a HX40W is making peak torque at 3840 with a spark cut at 7500. Still have over 400hp at the tyre at spark cut.

If by useless at most motorsports you mean thrashing LS powered dunnydoors/commonwhores around our local track for about equal to the grand total dollar wise on what they've spent on a set of heads, a cam, a mafless tune and 4.11's in the rear....

there is a good reason for the jz engines to be so well known/wanted by many imo

400whp is pretty pathetic considering how long and heavy a 2JZ is. It's a little different here in America with he expansive aftermarket for the SBC. You can't match the hp/$ ratio with any other engine setup. The gas straight six is basically extinct at this point while gas V8's are still used by millions of cars and trucks to this day. Really makes you think. Actually you don't have to because engineers already have.

yes

its a heavy engine that can make good power, shame its such low displacement.

dear god how much would that understeer

funny man makes funny joke

Hey Josh

better than the LS

easily one of the best engines ever made

still a meme tho

Underrated kek

Your comprehension ain't real flash.

I don't have a maximum of 400 at the tyre. I still have 400 at the tyre at my rev limit, right at spark cut.

There's a fair bit more between four to six and a half grand when the VE of the GE head and cam package is greatest.

Price to performance for me has been great. I put bulk coin into a blown 355 SBC to make 500 kilowatts with reliability. I've got a five thousand dollar engine in a two and a half thousand dollar MKIV making more power than the Chev ever did across a broader band, and so far it's eaten a fan belt and a starter motor. 90 degree coolant all day every day, starts first hit, never vapour locks and gets 12l/100K.

Horses for courses, but I'm less than ten grand into a Poopra that fucks factory LS cars bareback. Say what you want, but that's a win in my books.

Whatever dom

Where did the mean six cylinder touch you to make you hurt so bad?

How much difference is there between 1JZ and 2JZ?

500ccs and 500hp according to the internet.

one's in a good car, one's in a car for 13 year olds.

13 year olds praise the A70 too much, I agree.

AJ30 is best v6. 300lbs and can easily push 1000hp+

the barra weighs about the same as an rb26

How much can the barra output on stock internals?

Less than an RB26

around 400kw

Yes.
>Not (reliable) 1000+hp on stock internals
>Boat anchor packaging
>Boat anchor weight
>Doesn't rev high
>Small powerband at high power levels

>kilowatts
Opinion discarded.

>countries that still use imperial measurements
There's nothing wrong with him using kilowatts.

PS>hp>kW

Deal with it.

Turn those > into < and you'd be correct. But you're not.

Opinion discarded

>arguing over units
get out or learn some conversion factors you fucking pleb

bump
Good luck looking for your RB parts nissan scum