Imagine initial D in early/mid 90s America. Instead of tofu...

Imagine initial D in early/mid 90s America. Instead of tofu, Tony(Takimi) would be delivering moonshine to all the speakeasies in the mountains of Tennessee for his dad Buddy(Bunta). I thought of all the cars they would drive and it would be epic.

'88 Mustang LX (both the v8 and 4 banger)
'89 Thunderbird Super
'87 Daytona Shelby Z
'89 Camaro Iroc Z
'89 Taurus SHO
'86 Shelby Omni GLHS
'88 Fiero GT
'89 Corvette
'89 Turbo Trans-Am
'87 GNX

It would be fucking epic. Of course Takumi would be in the 5.0 Mustang. Itsuki would probly have the 4 banger.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=roeHV88RCJw
tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Damn I've never even seen initial d, total car babby took to it later in life, yet ive been having this dream for weeks. Coming of age type film featuring a lead american pushing a 5.0 through the mountains. Mine was set in New Hampshire and the villain was a half nip with a rich dad trying to show up the ameros with JDM shit, hero has to make his 5.0 into the ultimate hillclimber / drifter hybrid to win.

>90s Tennessee
>speakeasies

As someone who lived in Tennessee in the 90s, I think you mean "meth" and "honky-tonk bars".

Eh, in the 90s literally EVERYWHERE in mountainous TN had shine for sale. You could buy it at corner stores if they knew you weren't a cop or snitch.

>Itsuki buys a 4 Banger
>yfw it's pic related
>They still rip on him because it's not a VEEE ATE

Knowing Itsuki he's gonna get a non SHO version just cuz it looks like it.

Saw it for the first time recently. Was worth a watch.

>initial D in early/mid 90s America.
>delivering moonshine

I'm sorry, what?

SVO, SHO's the Taurus user.

Ah shit you're right.

he would drive a dodge dynasty

My grandfather and uncle both made moonshine. I lived in rural TN in the 90s (and still live here). What are you trying to contradict me about.

>You could buy it at corner stores if they knew you weren't a cop or snitch

A lot of people in a lot of places peddle contraband if they don't suspect you of being the law. What the fuck is your point.

My point is that someone had to deliver it. Hence the premise of the story. I didn't think I had to explain it that deeply to you.

But I'll yield to you on the meth and dive bar point because you're not wrong.

And I think the story would be more accurate if he were delivering meth to biker bars and honky-tonk establishments.

That's fair. Like I said you're not necessarily wrong, we both have valid points.

>Dukes of Hazzard with worse cars

naw

they wouldn't deliver it to speakeasies because those don't really exist

I use that term as a coverall for places that sold alcohol illegally. I wasn't clear on my personal interpretation of the word though.

Shingo Taurus SHO has to be a thing.

>his dad Buddy(Bunta)
>not Bubba

>initial B
>not initial C (for country)

cmon now, son

>not initial D (as in freeDom)

>Initial D(aaaaaaaayum)

It would just be like all those shitty generic racing movies instead of something fun

"My imagination is so weak I have to pretend everything is happening in my suburb".

Fuck off.

>inital b
>initial burger
>project b
>project burger

>mfw americans stand up and clap at the end of the race

You're trying to white wash initial d? Lmao

I don't live in Tennessee dude. I just thought that would be the best scene for it to take place.

Not necessarily "white wash". More like "Americanize"

Ur joking right?

The end of Tokyo drift?

His dad bubba buys and old turbo coupe

Do you know what America is?

Isn't that Tokyo Drift?
The protag starts as a delinquent but he becomes a real G towards the end, and he drifts his old Mustang vs a 350z nip with a Yakuza uncle.

The guy in that pic looks like a New Kids character.
Heh

manta is the euro 86

Euro Initial D
Takumi - Manta B 400
Itsuki - Manta B 1.8
Keisuke - M3 E36
Ryosuke - M3 E30
Takeshi - Calibra 4x4 Turbo
Shingo - Golf III GTI
Iketani - Capri MkIII
Mako - Sierra Cosworth
Bunta - Audi Sport Quattro

What years of vehicles?

I have a question. Would Takumi having Itsuki seat in the back of his car during the race with Kenta be considered cheating/an unfair advantage?

'80s mantas (with plastic bumpers)
'86 sierra cosworth rs500
'87 capri brooklands (final) edition,
'85 sport quattro (found one with blue paint and gold rims just for bunta :D)
'91 golf mkIII gti
calibra turbos were made between 1991 and 1997
for the bmw its just have to be an e30 and e36 not really sure about the year (the e36 could have aftermartket ltw spoiler)

Takumi - Manta B 400
Itsuki - Manta B 1.3

I think at that time the only mod he had done was a tune right? If so then I'd assume having someone sit in the back would remain true to the "source" material.

What do you mean?

>tfw no pig Itsuki on the backseat to improve traction in rainy weather

The ae86 had a weird weight distribution and they made that factual in the manga/anime. Having itsuki in the back helps counteract that.

Wouldn't that still be a (somewhat) unfair advantage?

Oh yeah definitely. Itsuki was basically used to keep the rear end weighed down for traction.

I wonder, would Kenta have won if Takumi didn't do that?

not only is tokyo drift like this but basically all of the first few fast/furious movies are basically "hero soups up a car to do something it would in real life never, ever be able to do, or is even intended to be able to do"

like the mustang dorifto hillcimber at the end of tokyo drift

>hillbilly initial d
can i be in the manga pls

now that I think about it doesnt Inital D take place mostly from like 1999-2001

if you go to get the years right then Takumi would be in a SVO or 4-eye

hell the 83 GT even came in the right color scheme

you can replace the Celica kidnapper

When I thought about the years I tried to only pick vehichles that were 10 years old or older to match that time frame.

If the real Initial-D had a character that delivered tofu, (which is a food item)
Wouldn't the most logical "American" version of this, ESPECIALLY WHEN the character is named "Tony" for God sakes, would be a pizza delivery driver? Or burger joint delivery driver??

It's hard to make the equivalent of tofu fucking moonshine or meth lol
Ones a cuckold ultra low test food
The other is hard liquor and/or hard drugs

And Tony feels like he'd drive the Foxbody GT or at least eventually "upgrade" to it

yeah if you went full autistic most of the cast would be in 90s cars tho

his name would be Nick

youtube.com/watch?v=roeHV88RCJw

and yeah I think the general consensus in most other threads is that hed deliver pizza and the story would center around stoplight drags and shit instead of touge

There are lots of hills in places like Colorado, but ya delivery hard liquor or drugs just seems fucking dark for a teen to be delivering, most common or practical thing would be a pizza driver or something,

As a drawfaggle I always wanted to make a short manga or comic, similar to Wangan Midnight but with shitboxes like old Honda's and Toyota's and stuff and have it set in Murica or Canada or something, maybe have it set in a small town in a place like Colorado, or in BC
And have the MC drive an old 3rd gen widefender flared Prelude, or old mustang, EF civic or an old celica or something "different" like that

I always wanted to write short stories or comix, it's fun to make little worlds and characters

The only notable roads I know in the South are Wolf Peaks Gap in Georgia and the Tail of The Dragon.

t. guy from Atlanta who's never been to either of those

of course the list consists of 4000 pound malaise-era landbarges with 6.2L engines making a whopping 112HP to the wheels

Euro Initial D

>Dagumi - Fiat 1.2L 3cyl
>Itsuki - Yugo 1.2L 3cyl
>Keksuke - Seat 1.2L 3cyl
>Dr. Spin - Volvo 1.2L 3cyl
>Nakazato - Citroen 1.6L 4cyl
>etc etc

don't delude yourselves, yuropoors

>There are lots of hills in places like Colorado,

thered be a lot in Tennessee too

and if its anything like my neck of the woods in NC an extremely small amount of people choose to live out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and your store just happens to deliver out there

>I always wanted to write short stories or comix, it's fun to make little worlds and characters

yeah I make up stories and shit when I get bored myself so I just hang around threads like this

there are plenty of backroads that are touge-esque here in the Appalachians

maybe not as many hairpins but they got the curves

for delivering contraband something like that would be a good idea

except the engine and suspension would be modded to hell

most bootleggers had shit like that instead of sporty cars

>tfw every vision of american Initial D only consists of shitty cars
>tfw no southern californian Initial D
>gangs of mexicans ripping apart the touge in EG hatches and nissan maximas
>vapemobiles skidding and sliding around into rock walls
>pony cars vs miatas
>240sx's vs BMW drift rockets
>any conceivable mix of JDM, euro or american cars

because its supposed to be American Initial D

how many American cars were in Initial D?

The LX is essentially the same as the GT while being lighter. With Foxes it's a net positive to go with the former.

And the moonshine/meth bit is just hilarious, and it works historically.

tumblr.com/
here you obviously don't belong on Veeky Forums

That's not entirely a fair point since Japan literally does not have a free market, let alone any foreign cars on the streets. That'd be like saying "why did the Soviet Union only use Soviet made vehicles".

This reminds me of ann idea i had for a game that would combine Burt Reynolds in the Gator and crazy taxi. Picking up and dropping off "white lightning".

lolwat

amazing Japan can have events like this then

and I know for a fact 3rd and 4th gen Fbodies were exported to Japan back in the day

(along with a lot of European cars and other American models)

hell you can just get on street view and find shit

>'88 Mustang LX ( 5.0 v8 and 2.3 i4)
>'89 Thunderbird Super (3.8 supercharged V6)
>'87 Daytona Shelby Z (2.2 turbo i4)
>'89 Camaro Iroc Z (5.0 v8)
>'89 Taurus SHO (3.0 v6)
>'86 Shelby Omni GLHS (2.2 turbo i4)
>'88 Fiero GT (2.8 v6)
>'89 Corvette (5.7 v8)
>'89 Turbo Trans-Am (3.8 turbo v6)
>'87 GNX (3.8 turbo v6)

Sooooo many V8s. Yeah you're fucking retarded.

Because what you're describing has been done before with the first 2 FnF movies

Nobody has really made any manga or anime or movies or anything based on "MidWest Murica" other than like "Born 2 Race" That has that fat kid from Cat in The Hat, but that's pretty much it

The 1st forza horizon was nice too, since that was based in Colorado, and it felt very cozy driving on the highways and forest parks

So because of this lack of "real murica" so to speak in racing movies/manga/games it's not surprising that Veeky Forums would like to think of what it's be like if there were any manga or anime based on that

Actually just for fucking shits and giggles since I'm in a pissed off mood from being fired from my job today, and I happen to have a notebook and pens, I'm gonna draw some "characters" for a murican street racing anime/manga

Gibbe some ideas for actual characters besides Initial-D, I'd like to make some OC

Holy shit my sides

I was also thinking of making a short series based off of street racing Kei cars and light sub compacts and the like.
Maybe make the MC drive a Twingo just as a little "Veeky Forums" reference so to speak lol

>here's the 1st one I did, not too bad considering I haven't drawn "manga" style in literally years

What does Veeky Forums think this guy would drive?
I'm thinking and old mkii celica supra, or a 6th gen celica or a prelude maybe?

If it was Tennessee like in OP, there would be a burgeoning street racing thing around that was prolific in the early 00s so toge is not out of the question.

I liked something i read in a previous thread. There are plenty of moonshine distillers and breweries still in the Appalachian/Piedmont mountains, leftovers from the prohibition days. The protagonist's dad runs one of these places and delivers booze to liquor stores in the town in the valley. He tells the kid to make the delivery in under an hour or the cops would get him. The kid tries harder and harder to get his time down, going faster and faster along the downhill mountain path. One day on a morning delivery at the dawn of summer, he passes by a yellow c5 corvette on the 2-lane mountain...

To keep with the Murica theme, I'd unironcally say the Fiero.......with a bodykit.

I wonder if the Corvette would be blasting Eurobeat.

Prohibition era drifting wasn't a thing though.

it still went on well after Prohibition ended since there was still illegal untaxed liquor in Tennesse

hell NCs prohibition was 1908-1970s and go figure a shit ton of NASCAR drivers came from here after bootlegging

moonshine is still big in Appalachia its just less Dukes of Hazzard and more hopping in your Town & Country minivan and going to a few peoples houses or having them come to you

what kinda street racing we talking about

That's actually a good idea
Was browsing some fiero bodykits to get a feel of what kind this character would have
Maybe something like these?

Well i was thinking of making a short manga about American mid west street racing, probably in some where near Colarado or Montana, with national forest parks with some twists and some random highway races like in Wangan Midnight

Probably set in a small town outside of a major city so you have alot of the racers that race outside the city to avoid cops, and are near the small town cause it's the closest gas station outside the city in the "country" so to speak, and the main character works as a pizza delivery driver saving money to go to school or someshit, and has a couple of small town friends and rivals that he races with or against, and slowly works on his car, with little plots or side goals, like there's your typical "small midwest town" drag race event held in the town once a yr, or a small rally event that everyone is putting together like in something like "My summer car" or whatever, just spitting ideas about where it could go

Like I said I'd like to have old shitbox kind of cars like old Honda's or Toyota's/Nissans, and/or alot of 80s/90's murican muscle/sports cars, like 3rd gen camaros and foxbodies, dodge spirits, Dodge Daytonas Turbos, maybe chevettes and the like Idk, that one user suggested the Due to with bodykit option, that might work for one of the cars

Also like I said I'd like to have "some" tuning and upgrading for each characters cars, like they have some stock PoS and you slowly see them install lip/bodykits, turbos/chargers, new wheels, etc.

Where'd everyone go??

Bampity boomp

sounds pretty good

>Also like I said I'd like to have "some" tuning and upgrading for each characters cars, like they have some stock PoS and you slowly see them install lip/bodykits, turbos/chargers, new wheels, etc.

needs to have that one guy who does it all wrong for comic relief

yeah that works
maybe eventually he finds a L67 or something

a nigga gotta sleep

If that's the protagonist he would definitely drive a Fox Body Mustang. It's the American equivalent to the ae86. Also I'd definitely imagine that as the story goes on there would be modifications to vehicles.

I wanted him to have a Foxbody GT or an old Celica or Prelude maybe

Nice cavalier fucking loved the old gens

>Gonna work on another character, what should he look like? Skinny? Fat? Ottermode? Built? Short? Tall? Beard? Mustsche? Clean shaven?
And what should he drive?

the older guy who drives something like a C5 Corvette and is a talented driver that should win with zero effort but he forgets to take a piss before the race and pulls over because he doesnt want to soil his car

don't forget the guy with the SCCA/IMSA prepped Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais Quad 442 W41

>But this is midwest murica! He should have glorious 7/11 BIG GULP to piss in!!

I was thinking the MC would find an old Foxbody GT at the scrapyard and buys it for $500 and is in decent condition it just needed a couple things to make it road ready and the old owner figured he'd just give it to the scrap yard, and thus the MC finds this gem of a car with very little he needs to do to make it a new DD
And thus starts his life of a pizza DD saving money and working on his car and racing..

I can get behind that

Again these are just some ideas for this short series, I don't want to start out making this long ass project I'll never finish,
I'd rather make a few issues and wrap up it up but leave it open ended enough that I can make more issues or plots later
I'm surprised how little ppl there are browsing this thread, figured more ppl would be posting and lurking

its all good I know all about some long ass projects when it comes to stories

>I'm surprised how little ppl there are browsing this thread, figured more ppl would be posting and lurking

eh the topic has been done to death and unless its a shitposting thread or a general there really isnt much activity anyway

even if you do it there will likely be just a small group that sticks around

I went over to /ic/ and made some posts talking about it and getting critiqs/help

I'll probably post my updates there or here or both, figured Veeky Forums would like a comic to read every once in a while

so it's OverRev! now

I don't like southerners so no thanks.

I'd rather have it be on the west coast, or near miami.

Overrev is about a girl delivering pizzas and racing?

Mustang was rb26dett powered ya jagoff