Why do Aussie like HR holdens?

Why do Aussie like HR holdens?

They look like shitty cheap soviet cars but they are loved in Australia.

Aussie and i Dont like them

my finance lecturer has one. good bloke. you can get fucked user. they're great and fun... until you crash one and die.

Wtf Im american and now I love them

Australia didn't make much domestically, so they loved their domestic cars. Now they make nothing at all.

EH is better.

Personally I love it because a HR was the first car my old man ever owned as a teenager, he bought another one when I was about 15 but sold it a few years later. I miss that car.

Nostalgia and bring a product of Australia.

*being

Elaborate

Same. They are neat the same way anything that has been maintained /restored from that era is, but I don't really care all that much.

This. They're boring as shit but everyone is so proud of anything Australian ever that they love it regardless.

Not an ugly square.

It's just as much of an ugly square. Besides the subjective looks, the HR was a massive advancement in terms of suspension, brakes and engine options. If you want a good looking Grey motors and drum brakes, the FC and FE are miles ahead closely followed by the FB and EK. The EJ and EH were the beginning of generic monotony.

>It's just as much of an ugly square

Stopped reading there,

the only people that like them are stupid hipsters that just see "old car" and retard normies who had one 'back in the day' as their own car or parents car or whatever

Because their parents owned them. That's the appeal.

Australia has a massive sense of national pride. because we're always seen as the underdog of western society, we'll support anything and anyone from our own country.
you could ask why boomers like corvettes. every generation except for the fourth is fucking atrocious looking.
or why brits like the jag e-type despite looking like a fucking shoe and having a retarded looking grille.
it's all national pride.

You take that back about corvettes and e types!

Then we fell for the neoliberal globalism meme, genuinely believe we can't build anything worth a damn and must import everything

I kinda blame import magazines for this.

They dont

I don't have a problem with a globalised market, to an extent, but I do believe in prioritising local development and construction over international, if it's on roughly the same level of quality.
I'm a strong believer of national culture and that a globalised culture is cancer with no real diversity to it as well.

There isn't manny Aussie cars I actually like though.

Two door toranas, monaros except the shitty sedans, Clubsports, VL's, XA-XB coupes, Valiant chargers, Valiant VH coupe, valiant VG, statesman, fairlane.

Not even a holden fan btw.

Pump your brakes kid, that car's a national treasure.

Most of them are not kept stock.