Fix or Trash?

I got a 1992 Honda Accord EX. It needs new axles, tie rods, and hubs. This car is my baby, I've owned it for two years, and was the car I learned how to drive and fix cars. This is the first major suspension failure ive had, and I don't know if I can afford it or want to put that much money into it. What would you guys do?

Other urls found in this thread:

smile.amazon.com/Timken-513098-Axle-Bearing-Assembly/dp/B000BZ51GC/ref=sr_1_13?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1504150824&vehicle=1992-59-751-------------0&sr=1-13&ymm=1992:honda:accord&keywords=wheel bearing 1992 accord
youtube.com/watch?v=FEDrioMDe1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

keep it

>instagram on your car
>tinted turn signals
underage b&

Don't worry bud, fixed the blinkers. And I better get a follow young man

>car you learned to drive and fix
>give up as soon as a serious fix needs to happen

Just fix it. Walk or buy a secondary shitbox until you can put the money into doing it right. 90s Honda is aesthetic as fuck.

Worth fixing. Those were good shitboxes.

nah i only follow female attention whores.

>Still has good paint.

Fix it OP! That's all minor stuff.

you got a point there, everyone into Hondas loves the damn thing. Its just the price and the work, compared to what I'm used to, like belts, coils, hoses, its overwhelming since I'm nowhere near experienced

That's because you haven't seen the roof, rear bumper or next to the rear left door, lol. But that's an issue for another day

I say fix it. In last month I've replaced the entire suspension, brake system, a took the transmission out in my car. Not a bad way to spend a few hours.

But replace those fucking blue headlights. You'd have to be a colossal faggot to use those.

You gotta start somewhere bud. I'm not that experienced either but my shitbox needs a new transmission and probably a new engine and I'll damn well be replacing them myself

keep it mane
>hubs
those are easy just clip them to the wheel haha wtf

>the price
That's only about $200 in parts.

Trust me, those are long gone, that was one of the first picture of it back in 2015

>new axles, tie rods, and hubs
just fix it. It totals at like $300 at worst

Suspension can be a pain when it's rusty but it's pretty simple when you figure out what you're doing

Just get an electric impact for rusted out shit and axle nut.

Well, guess you guys are right, I should fix it. Don't mean to get fagtard on y'all, but thanks.

, believe it or not, I muscled out the axle nuts without snapping my breaker bar

Yep I also agree to fix it, since those are basic wear items. By hubs you mean the wheel bearings? If you do mean the wheel bearings, then definitely pick up OEM Koyo/Timken bearings. The cheap auto parts store brand ones will go out super quick and I know that first hand. Just pull the whole wheel knuckle and have a local shop press in the new bearings. Much cheaper to do it that way instead of taking the whole car to somebody.

That's the part I was afraid of, but I never thought of taking the knucle to a shop. Basically the hub and bearings need replacement, bearings are going and hub lugs snapped. Are those specific one semi affordable?

Actually it looks like the CB7 might use bolt in wheel bearings? If so you just saved a bunch of money. My EG Civic uses press in ones.

smile.amazon.com/Timken-513098-Axle-Bearing-Assembly/dp/B000BZ51GC/ref=sr_1_13?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1504150824&vehicle=1992-59-751-------------0&sr=1-13&ymm=1992:honda:accord&keywords=wheel bearing 1992 accord

youtube.com/watch?v=FEDrioMDe1k

Nevermind it just has a weird combo of both.

>Just pull the whole wheel knuckle and have a local shop press in the new bearings.

Just buy a fucking press nigger. $140 at Harbor Freight

You might be on to something. I'm unable to get a good look because of captive rotors (hub sits in front of rotor rather than vise versa) but ill look into it

That video I linked was done without a press, just a big fucking hammer. Looks easier than my Civic at least.

Yeah I would pick up a press if I didn't live in an apartment. No place to put it.

>apartment
>no room for a press

pls

*Shingu*
I'll just buy all the parts, take it to a shop and figure the rest out myself. Thanks for the info

Good luck m8. Really nice Accord, though. My favorite gen.

I'd totally do that if I lived on my own. kek

Kid if you care about learning just fix it. I rebuilt the transmission on my first car when I was 17, it only lasted one year but it taught me a ton. When I had to rebuild a transmission on another vehicle a decade later I had no problems building it to last.

Keeping it will be cheaper than getting something else.

>I'd totally do that if I lived on my own

If you live with your girlfriend/wife then tell her you're the boss and the machine shop is replacing the living room. If you live with your parents then fucking kill yourself.

Eh I don't really need a machine shop. I got a friend with all that stuff if I ever need to use it.