WHY DO THE NEW CARS KEEP GETTING BIGGER, THIS IS MADNESS

youtube.com/watch?v=3j57J77h5cQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lxltQh6dT90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Safety regulations and a focus on comfort and features over anything else.

EU laws and regulations.

Fuck the EU.

It's funny because why wouldn't you just buy a fucking Golf if you need the room of a Golf?
Or why wouldn't you buy a Passat instead of a Golf?

Cars don't get big, just people.

>Cars don't get big, just people.
>cars don't get big, people get smaller

>i don't care about safety
>comfort, especially passenger comfort, is borderline irrelevant
>i just want good handling, lots of power, and very little weight

You have two options
Kit car
Motorcycle

And get a shittruck for a utility vehicle that blows the "usefulness" of all those "DDs" out of the water.

It's a slippery slope. Everyone wants to ride in bigger cars because they are safer. But by riding in a larger car, they become unsafer for the rest of the drivers, so the rest of the drivers also buy larger cars. As a result, the general size keeps rising and rising.

>2 door golf by 20cm bigger than a 4 door Polo
>Golf bigger then Shirocco
>Passat only by 10cm bigger than Jetta

youtube.com/watch?v=lxltQh6dT90

It's a a marketing ploy to get people to buy bigger without moving up the range. Basically in 2016 if you are buying a 3 Series BMW you are actually buying a 5 Series sized car from 15 years ago. Likewise for the C Class and others.

There's a third option of finding an older car and restoring/modding it.

My ordinary 2005 civic sedan feels 3 tons lighter than my wife's brand new 2015 Civic. I hate CVTs, ABS (free foot massage at holy shit moment), Traction control. 35 airbags It's got more screens than cupholders and let's not forget the always too dirty backup camera. When is the dashboad toaster coming out? Useless Gadgets, to me, that cost thousands when they break (and they will just wait)!!!! You probaby can't even afford replacing a seat. Why??..Airbag inside!!!!! It's all rubbish. Did I mention I hate ABS brakes? Shorter braking distances my ass!!! Look it up. (your civic owners manual) Oddly enough it's the younger civics that have erectile disfunction.

An early 90s civic weighed less than a 'smart' car. Bloated mc strut crapboxes now.

Small cars mean small profits.

a new Yaris is safer than the original Corolla and about the same size (as per this video). Just shows that they could have made safer cars without getting bigger. The safety trap was just more marketing to get you to justify the bigger vehicle that you never needed.

But the inside space?

Oh you want to actually look through your rear window and see anyhting? Too bad lol hope you trust your back up camera to do everything for you.

When will there be a new Scirocco? And whats the difference between a Passat and Arteon?

That's not so bad, other cars wouldn't even have the lower window.

>bigger crumple zones
>more airbags
>larger rounded surfaces for pedestrian impact safety

Safety standards, and more storage/seating space I suppose. As as 6'4 dude I appreciate it.

That's absolutely wrong though

there's an 85 scirocco for 2100 near me. Under 200k on the odo. Are they good cars? Seem like a cuter golf

I think EU has stricter regulations on pedestrian safety, something about the new Camaro being illegal there.
I think there are varying regulations about different things like light colors.

t. boomer

Thanks, Scotty

It's absolutely right Eurocuck.

People get older, have more money available to spend on cars. People don't want to downgrade to a lower model when buying a new car.

Therefore slowly increase car sizes so people buy more expensive ones, while adding new small models.

But it is not illegal here. Besides, how do you explain little shits like Peugeot 108, Aixam, Smart cars if you're gonna blame EU safety regulations for cars getting larger?

The polo got bigger because the lupo (and subsequent fox/up!) was released under it.

the arteon is a liftback
the passat is a sedan/wagon

It's a rebadged panamera?

No it's a Passat

Not for every car my friend

>Mini

No one forced you to buy anything you whiny cuck

What do you mean the nd is fucking huge

bigger more powerful more efficient engine
lighter materials
more space

>lighter
>used to be under 3k lbs
>current model 3500+lbs

If it is rebadged panamera, then it is RWD passat.

Duh

More than that. The new Jeep Grand Cherokee is about 1800 pounds heavier than the 1994.