What cars do you think will be the next "tuners" of this generation?

What cars do you think will be the next "tuners" of this generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1O7R4TpVQn0
youtu.be/W637xyjv3io
youtube.com/watch?v=x01bXjFcZKg
youtu.be/CdCudNSti_Q
lefthandutes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

toyobaru

>Gt86/frs/brz
>BMW 135i M sport
That's all I can think of as of now. But maybe the Toyota IM as well

-BMW 2 and 1 series
-newer Genesis coupes
-370Z and G37, possibly Q50
-toyobaru
-Type r will be the new Mazdaspeed3
-C63s will still be hard to get but there will be tuner's going after that

Im sure I'm missing some, but generally anything already turbo.

Tesla

Car tuning is dying bro. I'm not even sure people will still seriously be doing it in 20 years.

dont use that term Tuners its cringey.

Also the S15 have been modified ever since they were released in the late 90's

I'm excited for the future of electric car tuning. Just imagine:
>Adding a new Hypercapacitor launch buffer
>Liquid cooling your motor core to get even higher RPMs
> Hacking your ECU to disable rev and battery discharge limiters
> Replacing your motor coils with YBCO superconducting tape to support larger electric fields
> Fitting a gas turbine to create a turboelectric drive and ducting the residual thrust out the back to literally melt the faces off people behind you

The future is good, boys

> Fitting a gas turbine to create a turboelectric drive and ducting the residual thrust out the back to literally melt the faces off people behind you
So, basically you're going to convert a battery powered shitbox into a carbon fueled shitbox?
I surprisingly support this move...take pics...bread on hood and all that...

Tbh i'm surprised nobody has actually tried to do a gas turbine hybrid. Gas turbines alone suck because throttle response is shit (Chrysler got one working but deemed it unfit for production), but with an electric powertrain as a buffer that problem essentially goes away. Then, you have a turbine that is lighter and generally more thermodynamically efficient than an equivalent piston engine and can run on a variety of fuels with minimal changes. Only thing it might have trouble with is smog regulations.

>possibly Q50
I would say the Q60 too

More like won't be able to, either because law forbids it (safety reasons, autonomous driving,...) or because manufacturers lock every ECU to prevent tampering like f.e. Lexus already does.

You're going to violate the terms of use and they're going to recall your car to the factory to be restored to stock if you do any of this.

In the future, that is.

>not being a cyberpunk shokka criminal

Kek

>BMW 135i M sport
It's going to occupy the same place the E30 does now. A fantastic car overpriced by sellers to the point where it's fucking impossible for a regular enthusiasts to get one in decent condition. The price of pic related is already starting to go above its original MSRP.

What term would you use then?

FiST

maybe in yuropooria but not here faggot

That's a 1 Series M coupe, not a M135i. I can't say for certain what the E30 equivalent would be, but it's like the 328i to the E36 M3.

Ricer. If your car has any mods/isn't stock, you're a Ricer.

>handle placement on the rear doors
Absolutely disgusting

>modified car
>bitches about completely stock feature

Absolutemente asqueroso

>Ricer.
That's retarded. Manufacturers are always about cost saving wherever possible, especially for

Have you ever heard a small gas turbine? They are loud as fuck. And there is not way to have a quiet exhaust on one.

Well if Nissan got off their asses and actually made the IDx or the next Z car that.

Fuck I'd love to see a non-concept version of the IDx, still the best looking concept of the last few years.

Fuck, I think I hate myself for saying this, but that doesn't look too bad for an el-cheapo custom.

Kia and Hyundai could be it for cheap, sporty, highly modifiable cars.

When the fuck is it gonna be "Wipeout HD" era..
>tfw you're hover driving at fucking 1000km/h
>tfw you're going so fast birds and small animals literally fucking disintegrate almost instantly into nothingness..
>tfw you custom order parts overnight from Japan to make you go 1500km/h and bend time and reality..
>tfw you'll be listening to robot music..
>because you now have robot ears..

This will eventually be the future of automobiles..
And it's gonna be fucking podracing down the electromagnetic freeway listening to robot music..going faster than hyperspeed with a tuned up shitbox that could only go 800km/h and now is up to 1500kms/h...

youtu.be/1O7R4TpVQn0

youtu.be/W637xyjv3io

Fuck yeah dude

Too bad we will all be dead by then

tuning is dead, there are no decently tuned new cars. putting a couple of stickers doesn't count.
>all these people saying bmw 1 or 2 series
show me 1 real example of this lol

>High voltage LiGraph battery
>add supercapaciator to stabilize battery at high current
>replace copper wire with Niob tubes
>install liquid Helium cooling system to make Niob superconductive
>replace shitbox controller with heavy duty truck unit
>solder shunt of said unit to increase current limit

And that is how you get like 1000 hp to the rear wheels of a Twizzy/City EL or other LEM.
(City EL might need some supporting mods like chain conversion and locked rear axle but the Thrige Titan should hold up)

In Australia/NZ all the current model coons and commos will be turned into drift missiles over the next couple of decades.

Eh, probably even in the USA you would be violating EULA. However if you are just using the physical components then you should be good good legally I think.

>not getting an aftermarket ECU

>CFC Nanotube brushes
>superconductive Niob compound and rotor coils
>LiGraph battery
>supercap
>gigant mosfet array to start/stop full rotor current
>engine controlled only by bypass windings in that mode
>smaller controller for sub 200km/h speed

That would be the ultimate Autobahn Missle:
>can only go full power over 200 km/h
>aerodynamic as fuck
>insane power
>low weight

>cheap future tuners
350z/370z
Miata
E36 / e whatever came after e36
Toyobaru
Other Subarus
Mustang/Camaro

>Slight more expensive tuner
1 and 2 series
Boxers and 996s
Other BMWs

In tuning it's best to start with a good chassis, handling can be tuned, but hard to really change significantly. Weight is hard to lose in a significant manner. Power is the easiest thing to add.

I know it's been mentioned already, but the Toyobaru is already hot shit among tuners and modders. A good supercharger pushes the 2 litre Boxer up to 300 Horsepower and just about every engine swap that can be done has been done by at least one crazy motherfucker.

335i
possibly 535i

I havent seen anyone use the Q50 as a tuning car. What's special about it?

This

The Kia Forte has surprisingly decent aftermarket support. You can even get bolt-on turbo kits for them.
youtube.com/watch?v=x01bXjFcZKg

RICE (Race inspired cosmetic enhancements)
That and most riced cars are asian, if you're into that meme.
There's literally nothing wrong with replacing headers or putting perfomance tires on a car.

Honestly i can foresee a lot of newer kias and hyundais being the "EG civics" of the 2020s

also the toyobaru, the ecoboost mustang, the chevrolet sonic, the mazda 3

This is a crazy fucking swap, its the ferrari 458engine right?

Good drivetrain

>Niob

If you use HT-superconductor tape instead you could get away with a liquid nitrogen cooling system

youtu.be/CdCudNSti_Q
Doesn't really sound all that much louder than a piston engine. If Chrysler could do it with 50 year old technology, I don't see why a modern car would have too much trouble getting within acceptable levels.

>current model

Final model

F

Tesla literally already does it senpai.

If you look at the auctions in Japan, S15s are actually at a very good price point at the moment, especially when you consider that they will go up in a few years when they're legal in the US

>brushed motors
are you fucking denser than tungsten

I've already given up hope on trying to find a un-molested bone stock specimen in 10 years time. Around 90% of them are heavily riced ranging from head and tail light tint to full on stance to poser time attack mode. When there's no tracks within 3 hours here...

Fucking kids with challengers, camaros, and mustangs are nearly doubling or tripling the rwhp on their cars. Thats the money thats the culture.

New cars are over saturated by all the old cars still on the road. But at least the new LS series and the Coyote are showing promise for aftermarket.

The japanese cars though? Suffering beige plague and uniformity.
Never see euro cars here except for slammed by yugos so. I dont know about them.

I'd suck a dick to get an FG Falcon in the US.

prepare your throat muscles.
lefthandutes.com/

why do you need one in 10 years time? you can get one now

Poorfags think they'll always be poor, which with that mentality guarantees it to be true.

That's hail damage.

Too ugly to ever be a classic

Bruh wtf where do you live? These cars are about to become insanely affordable. Like, you are gunna see them for 10k and under in a years time probably still with factory warranties

>race inspired blah blah

People are still spouting this lie?

Miata
Frs/brz
Civic type r
Fiesta

Uhh shit that's all I got.

As much as I love their styling, the Elantra is almost the same platform except it has proper IRS instead of a torsion beam.

so swap the IRS. it's the same platform. You could probably do the same thing with putting a Scion tC's IRS in the back of a Corolla.

implying that doesn't happen to any tuner car,

Skyactiv jus kicked in, brah.

bump

>just swap it bro
>just put $/hours of labor into a car literally worth $800

People do it with foxbodies, why not Fortes?

But cash 4 clunkers pretty much wiped out the uses market..
If anything most cars I see are usually 2008 and up

Honda S2000
Miata
Toyobaru BRZ86
Silvia S15
350Z
370Z
RX8 (for swap engine)
Civic
Focus RS
Subaru WRX STI
R35
EVO 8, 9, X
Any gook sport cars withg twin scroll turbo

all those care are already being modified and have been modified for years.

you are probably underage.

That wasn't a relevant answer user. Thje question was which of TODAY'S new cars will be tomorrow's tuners.

Hyundai Genesis Coupe

you said a current generations
so here we are

evo 8,9, x hasn't get any new attention, but probably will get anytime soon when everyone already tired with evo 4 and evo 6

New subaru WRX STI hasn't got any attention too

FOcus RS too, well probably because hatchback is not really popular in maerica and most youngster still looking ford for mustang

RX8 lately gained new attention, especially for swap engine with old rotary engine

Honda S2000 probably the one who is in irony here, already long in production but only famous on purist

Yes R35 is already tuners car but so few since it's for rich tuners and most of R35s are for styling and shits by youngsters

the only mistakes i did in here probably S15, 350Z, miata, and civic

no one's modifying those now and they have no aftermarket support. Not gonna happen.

stick to forza horizon and get off of Veeky Forums

Oh God you're actually retarded

OP wanted cars CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION.
So lets go through your list.

>Evo 8/9
killed in 2006/2007
>Evo X
introduced in 2008, killed in 2015
>WRX STI
already has a scene, and not much new needed to be developed for it since it still uses the old EJ25 engine, rather than the FA20 Turbo used by the WRX and every single other turbo Subaru at the moment.
>Focus RS
too expensive to ave a good following.
>RX8
killed in 2011
>S2000
killed in 2009
>R35
introduced in 2009, overly expensive, and not all that impressive.
>S15
killed in 2002
>350Z
killed in 2008
>Miata
fair. But you also forgot to mention the new Fiat 124 Spider.
>Civic
not anymore. The N/A K-series is dead and Honda is pushing a turbo L-series engine no one wants.

Here's a PROPER list of future tuner cars:
Chevrolet Sonic
Hyundai Veloster (as much as I hate it)
Kia Forte
Chevrolet Camaro Turbo
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Toyobaru
Fiat 124 Spider
Mazda MX-5
Chevrolet Cruze
Toyota Corolla iM
Ford Focus ST
Ford Fiesta ST
Subaru Impreza WRX
Buick Regal
Volkswagen GTI
Volkswagen Beetle R-Line

Your logic for the WRX STI applies to the MX-5 you listed.

tuning is dead since turbos give autists the illusion theyre tuning their cars with software allowing them to "overclock" their motors for more horsies

No it doesn't. The MX5 is a full 10 grand cheaper than an STI try again.

>muh goalposts
If you want to mount a good argument, you should stay away from the logical fallacies.

Basically anything that comes from the factory with forced induction and/or is marketed as sporty will have some sort of "tuner following"

>all the new turbo BMWs
>toyobaru
>370z
>focus and fiesta st/rs
>ecoboost stang/regular stang
>various turbo gm products
>fiat 500 abarth and the 124 fiata
>WRX/STI
>VWs like the golf/jetta gti and higher trim models
>new turbo 4cyl toyotas like the corolla s and iM
>Veloster/Genesis
>infiniti q60
>R35

List is nowhere near complete but you get the picture. With turbo technology being utilized by so many manufacturers you can bet there will be tons of people upgrading those vehicles. It's relatively simple to squeeze a bit of extra hp out of cars with factory forced induction.

The actual chassis on the new MX5 is all new. Unlike the Impreza chassis the hSTI uses. Price actually is a major concern when talking about future popular tuner cars. The STI was never a popular tuner car. It was too expensive. The WRX, on the other hand, was a popular tuner car. The STI was an aspirational thing for WRX owners.

caymans

3.7 isn't very good unless you want to drop 15k on a turbo kit. The new 3.0 seems to have potential but the transmission is questionable for power

Okay, good argument. You're still a fucking faggot senpai holy shit.

>buy poverty spec civic lx
>same engine as civic type r sans turbo and direct injection
>didnt get cvt

>I lost the argument so you're a faggot

It also has different internals and a different cylinder head without proper VTEC.

it has vtec, the 1.5ts dont

Cry more lol

It has iVTEC, not VTEC. There's a difference.
iVTEC is just standard VVT that every car has. VTEC is an actual specific thing which uses oil pressure to change to another set of high lift/duration lobes on the camshafts at a set RPM

Read more.