Im thinking about buying this

im thinking about buying this

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/cars-how-car-brands-compare-for-reliability/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do it fagoot

Damn. Could you take me and my friends to class and lunch? I'll suck your dick, papi. My homegirl Zayra could even hook up with us. Ya know what I mean, baby? Ever have two women in your life? Hmmm, tight little pussy. You want that, papi? Si oh si, me vas a dar tu berga verdad? Si soy tu zorra. Mama pinga

This is weird even by Veeky Forums standards.

Stinger seems like a future niche tuner. Id wait for the next generation to even out all the quirks.

is it rear wheel drive?

Not OP, I would love one if it came with a stick shift, but even then I would worry about depreciation on it.

RWD is standard, AWD optional i believe.

Yes, and an AWD option.

Wait five years and pick one up for 20% of it's original sticker.

intriguing

you have my attention

Also a 3.3l twin turbo V6 that puts out ~365hp, and a smaller, lighter coupe on the same platform is on the way under the Genesis brand. Let's hope that one does get a manual option.

>auto only
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

I don't follow the Korean brands much. Are they still in cheap knockoff tier or have they come into their own and gotten good like the Japs?

Still pretty terrible. If you're going to buy one make sure you dump it before warranty ends.

lmao

Go
Kia
Yourself

They matured a lot over the last two decades to the point that they don't have to aggressively lower their prices anymore so you might as well buy a the genuine nipponian article.

Some anecdotal evidence:

I own a 2009 Hyundai Elantra with 100k on it, never had anything break, just kept up on maintenance.
My mom has a 2011 Kia Soul and the same thing.

Looked it online and they seem to be about between Jap and US brands.
consumerreports.org/cars-how-car-brands-compare-for-reliability/

>that blatantly stolen mercedes interior
wew

looks comfy

What do you expect from uncreative gooks?

They're actually great cars for the price, smarter buys than nip cars honestly.

Ah I see you like taking other men's dicks in your anus.

They know how to market and that's about it. They're not terrible vehicles but they're boring as fuck for the money you pay. Get a German car if you aren't a fucking queer.

>HURRDURR u leik cox
Busrider BTFO. Maybe if you keep blowing tyrone on the corner for spare change you can retire that pass.

>that badge

fagoot? more like fagook am i right? lololo

The warranty is 10 years you mongoloid

>someone typed this out, completed reCAPTCHA, and pressed Post
lmao

>no v8 option

Verga*
Fucking salvadorean

But muh maintenance

But Genesis is Hyundai isn't it
The stinger is a kia

The first korean shitbox I actually want. Just need to see some track videos so I know its an actual sports sedan, not just a rwd commuter.

If its significantly cheaper than the competition (5k+) I can see it doing well.

"Limited" powertrain warranty does not cover the vast majority of Hyundai/Kia problems.

Do eet

The Kia K900 is basically the same car as the Hyundai Genesis and Equus, and the rest of their lineup shares platforms with Hyundais as well.
They're the same company.

its not 1998 anymore
their reliability is on par with the japs

Genesis is already showing they are as reliable as lexus(mostly because they are simple cars with no bullshit)

these days if you want to buy a luxury cars with no gimmicks or bullshit, its either lexus or genesis

id rather buy an alfa than be anywhere near a german car

>Hyundai Genesis is a legitimate luxury vehicle

All the spirited driving I've seen looks like it's tuned to understeer. Didn't look very sporty to me.

>1900kg

Fucking walk away, it's a heavy heap of shit

>$40k
>for a Kia

It's not built as a sports sedan, it's built as a grand tourer. Lap times weren't in mind when they created this

>Genesis is its own brand now

Why the fuck the koreans still can't get it right? Their cars are all fugly and retarded looking. The stinger front bumper looks like a mix of taurus & bmw also with frs headlight. Why can't they be more original and less sucks. I had high hopes for koreans to save us from stagnated jap car company but they're so fucking disappointing everytime. They make underpowered cars for grandmas and they have no supercars or racing history to show off. How can actual enthusiast drivers takes them seriously? I thought koreans were supposedly one of the smartest people in the world? Fuck korea man.

I'd rather take a bus than buy & pay insurance for those cars. Get 80/90s japanese shitbox if you must.

>40k for 4.9 0-60

seems like a cool car. but i dont know shit.

You think the G70 will be any better?
On paper they seem nearly identical, and iirc both Korean brands work with each other on some stuff, but I read some marketing chatter about how the G70 is more of a sport sedan.

>idea of a Korean sports car activates the gambler in me
Maybe I'll roll the dice on one or the other of those two next year, assuming they don't immediately get exposed as shit like I expect.

Is it a HALDEX-tier meme AWD or a proper all time?

>they think kia is korean and not german

Someone has to buy them for that to work

I'd pick the g70 on looks alone, but I do remember hearing about a smaller hyundai sports sedan witht he same platform, not sure if it's the g70, but it's essentially a stinger -200kgs

How are they not Korean?

Buy it. It's one of the first nice, new original designs in a while, not just a yearly refresh. It looks gorgeous too.

The head designer came from Audi and the chief engineer came from BMW's M division. At this point, a Kia or a Hyundai is really only Korean in name only. Much of the design and engineering was handed over to the Germans and Americans (big design studios in Germany and California).

dodge charger interior with a mercedes center console.

Now to think of it, this is what a Korean 3 Series BMW would look like.

Interior is decent, exterior is boring as shit. Actually I guess the whole thing is really boring as shit but on the inside that's generally a good thing imo, not so much on the outside though.

Japanese brands are becoming complacent. Guarantee you that Korea will eclipse the Japs in under ten years. This is the Korean equivalent of the Japanese car renaissance.

Design appeal is subjective, but they have sports and luxury car offerings that are not slow by any measure. It's not like the majority of Toyotas and Hondas aren't underpowered cars for grandmas and suburbanites either. Not everything can be a Mustang. Hyundai does have a rally team, but they've only been around since the late 90s.

Honda shat out grenading autotragics for half a decade, and they're still held in high regard. Toyota's become a complacent cow in recent years that can't make any sensible decisions, especially in terms of design.

So is Koreashit still really Koreashit that looks German or is the practical design and quality getting brought in as well? I generally don't try to be a badge whore, so if the Koreans have actually gotten good these past few years I'd feel better about giving them a chance.

My wife wanted a coupe with leather seats, so I decided to experiment with a 2013 Gen Coupe 3.8. The revised one with angry eyebrows and direct injection. Low mileage but depreciated hard as fuck anyway. Didn't have much hope for it, because I heard the previous Gen Coupes had awful interiors and build quality. Don't see that with this one. It's equivalent to any optioned up Japanese interior I've been in. No rattles, no fit issues. It's not like the Kias and Hyundais my dad drove in the mid 2000s which were shit. The Genesis has been reliable for the 10k miles I've had it, and when I need to use it, I don't drive it lightly.

I expected to hate it and be justified in my retarded bias for Japanese cars, but I'm beginning to believe in the Koreans. I'll be looking into whatever Gen Coupe successor they come out with under the Genesis brand.

The Kia Stinger is built on the same platform as the Genesis G80 (Hyundai Genesis). Based on size alone, I'd say it'd be closer to a 5 series than a 3 series, but at a 3 series pricing point.

it has thin sheet metal which is unheard of for a "luxury" car

How thick is the sheet metal on real "luxury" cars and what does it accomplish?