How long until production flying cars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XFeihBc9Voc
aeromobil.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

50+ years

I'm waiting too. i want to see terrorist drive flying vans into buildings instead of just crowds of people. Imagine turning on the TV to see that spectacle.

One can dream.

They're called helicopters.

They existed for over 60 years already.
Afaik you can also buy modern ones but i do think you need the pilot license. Also expensive as fuck.

>normians being capable of 3 axis travelling
I don't think it would be anymore than a novelty, you can already buy a used single prop airplane under 30k.

Sadly, if anything's going to lead to mass personal air travel it'll be autonomy.

Not gonna happen. I don't trust 90% of people I know to safely navigate a swarm of millions of independent personal aircraft to reach their destinations, and air travel is too hard to regulate at that volume. Hell, I hardly trust half of everyone I know on the ground.

just a couple more months

Never. How the fuck is air trafic works when their is fucking 10 million people flying in the air, what are they going to put hovering red lights or some shit?

Never

10 years. Essentially Cessna-sized drones.

youtube.com/watch?v=XFeihBc9Voc

Your universal basic income VR neet prison is coming long before that. Say goodbye to your real world freedom.

Never because were going to be cucked by autonomus cars all thanks to the fucking left.

How are the two even remotely related

>Implying this is a bad thing

>How long until production flying cars
Not until you can get rid of suicidal or hyper-emotional angry people who don't care as long as they can ram a car full of fuel and incendiary material into their ex-spouse. What stops a lot of people right now is that they have a lot of 2D navigating along with guard stations and the difficulty of delivering destruction.

Given a 3D navigation device like a flying car, and these people will become enabled. They aren't terrorists. They're just people who stopped giving a shit.

for non neets it is. I enjoy the outside workd, I just hate the people who inhabit it.

Well I've always wanted to be a girl but refuse to go through the nightmare of being trans irl.
That, and I hate people in real life, so the idea of a habitable vr world is like 10/10 unless some greedy corporation gets their grubby little hands all over it and implement microtransactions or it becomes the Matrix or some shit.

Huh well when you put it like that, will there be woodworking and fly fishing vr?

I imagine there would be support for any given hobby, accounting for the fact that some ai is in charge of software generation so that there are no niches that aren't filled.
At this point we can only speculate, but ai will probably be a thing by the time immersive vr is developed. (Prob another 20 years)

>"Cars kill people, we must have them banned!"

This is dumb.
Autonomous driving will become a de facto standard because that's what the consumer market wants.
Consumers are very lazy.

Dosn't understand it's the right that are pushing for autonomous cars. Fucking american idiot.

We'll have to kill all the muslims first.

>right that are pushing for autonomous cars
That's incorrect, you dense shit. The Left has been pushing a ban on cars since those truck attacks in France, so far it's been working out.

Read up stupid.

This better be bait.

So much stupid.

Nice projection, sperg more.

So much stupid.

Is that the best you can do? Has education failed you that badly you have to resort to dank memes in place of argument? Or is it that you know you don't have anything to back up your idiocy so are desperately trying to cover your inadequacy by trotting out someone else thought repeatedly despite the fact it has no relevance to the argument at hand?

Bad day?

Better than 's, but that's true of my entire life.

Look at this loser trying to act and look smart using big words he probably looked up on an online thesaurus just to make this stupid post, and possibly projecting his loser life onto me. Look at him and laugh at his asshurt. Go outside and take in some fresh air you miserable sperg.

kek imagine being this dumb

i'm gonna need some citation on this.

when either
1. batteries have competitive energy density
2. some other power source comes along

Never.
If a regular car breaks down, it will roll to a stop. If a flying car breaks down, it's going down hard. Normies aren't going to bother with pre-flight checks just to get their groceries. In addition, many people are barely capable of driving in two dimensions, let alone three.
They'll be banned anyway as soon as Ahmed al-Goatfucker considers ramming one into an airliner as it takes off, or if someone gets a little too close to Groom Lake AFB.

1967 bro. I pre-ordered. Oh, you didnt? Loser.

They already exist aeromobil.com/
Price isn't listed on the site, but they go for 1.3 million

Lol People drive like mongoloids on the ground imagine the air.

George Jetson is that you?

this desu

would unironically be my first eccentric purchase if i had the money.

the future is going to be drone technology with pods attached for people to ride in. all the units will be required to use a similar type of govt approved/regulated software in order to talk to each other, which will create a virtual "smart highway" that automatically controls all traffic.

In the distant future of 1997

wow the poster divorced from reality who unironically wants to live in VR existential nightmare is trans
I'm surprised as fuck anybody else?

You faggots argue about left vs right when what is really happening is markets trending towards unabashed futurist cancer. Thank all the techy code monkeys who think they are much smarter than they really are.

Why pay for a chauffeur when you can take an autonomous ride for free, anywhere, any time, without getting stabbed by uber Mohammed?
Lower incomes can't appreciate how good this is.

Fuel cells that run on ammonia should work.

>20 minute flight time

no

I'm not trans, though.
That's a fucking nightmare and mistake to do in real life.

Google/Apple/Tesla cars are the next step.

Do you even know what trans means?

>tfw "woman driver, no survivors" becomes a warning instead of a joke

Imagine the first time this happens

>News covering the event like a second 9/11
>THIS JUST IN: DRIVER IDENTIFIED
>Turns out that Stacy crashed into the building because she was texting
>News outlets have to start waiting for the Islamic Caliphate of Eurabia to claim responsibility before reporting the incidents as terrorism

This.

imagine being a pedastrian and looking up to see flying cars.

That wouldn't make you anxious?

for fucks sake stop watching BTTF and killyourself

never.
people can't drive cars, can you imagine every idiot on the road now flying around in the air?
plus the allahs snack bar threat is too high.

if it does ever happen they will be completely automated.

sometime after they become self driving
humans still struggle with driving on an X Y axis, adding a 3rd axis for traffic would be a nightmare

guess you better just kill yourself then

>If a regular car breaks down, it will roll to a stop. If a flying car breaks down, it's going down hard. Normies aren't going to bother with pre-flight checks just to get their groceries. In addition, many people are barely capable of driving in two dimensions, let alone three.
don't worry user, none of us will actually own our SkyCarâ„¢ (The Future of Personal Transportation), it'll all be car services like taxi/uber that we buy subscriptions to and call for rides

Yeah i imagine as much..

Although they will be self driving.

And probably only for those that buy supercars at present.

Gonna need hekka gud wifi.

I just want to overclock the shit out of my anti-gravity reisukaa and speed 1100MPH on the highways
>the Anti-Gravity association from Europe was founded in 2017
>da feels