Hey Veeky Forums, I just bought a GTI DSG and it's the fastest car I've ever owned and my first turbo...

Hey Veeky Forums, I just bought a GTI DSG and it's the fastest car I've ever owned and my first turbo. How can I manipulate the gears and RPMs for maximum g-force acceleration feel? I know there are techniques like brake boosting or "building boost" but I'm not sure how they work or if I can apply them in this type of car. Right now, second gear at like 3k rpm and flooring it seems to give a pretty good pull.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lL_J4Lmo2Ck
datsuns.com/tech/whentoshift.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>DSG

Launch control?
youtube.com/watch?v=lL_J4Lmo2Ck

>dsg
kys

does 0-60 in 5 seconds with a fwd family chassis.
i would prefer the manual but it has its damn place

Heh yeah who the hell would want a dual clutch tranny with 8ms shifts that's been shown to be reliable

You are literally a manlet lol. Dual Clutch DSG is pretty much the only reason the GTI is still king of the hot hatches.

>hurr durr muh 8ms shifts
who cares? I don't drive specs. I drive a car. Being involved in the driving experience is more important than how fast it shifts.

>hot hatches
too cucked to get something with a big engine? sucks to be you.

You sound like a bus rider

Bruhski, lets see what you drive lol.

>muh v8

you literally have the worst car amongst its competitors. sorry for your loss.

Well, I appreciate you posting your car but how exactly is that defending your position?

Bruski. Thats a shiny car. But you arent proving your point here. It would get smoked by almost any hot hatch on the market right now.

OP, get better tired, Pirellis are nice, but get something with some more grip. Then go stage 1. It'll add a good bit of HP.

i'm just appeasing you fags. i know it doesn't defend my positio. if you buy a car like a gti to be involved in the driving experience you should want to be involved as possible. don't go halfway.

Im pretty sure he bought it to go fast as fuck

>gti
>fast as fuck
pick one. it's quick but that's it.

>not enjoying the satisfaction of instant, perfectly smooth shifts at all times

>complaining to a stranger about their transmission preference like some cringy highschool kid with a beat up 5 speed honda

Lol, stage 2 gti can get from 0 to 60 in mid to high 4 secs. What does your car get?

on a stock gti, brake boosting is pretty useless. just nail it

user probably wasn't referring to modded ones. about 6 seconds is decent for a sports car, and thats what the stock gti offers

>100 AKI 104 RON 381 HP 392 FT-LBS

yeah....you're an ecu flash away from a 400hp car.

>tuning
>implying it won't blow up after a few months

APR has been trying to blow up their 2.0 tsi since they got it in 2015. Hasn't happened yet.

Omg a dual clutch tranny that your poor faggot as literally will never be faster than.

datsuns.com/tech/whentoshift.htm