Free engine swap

You are now given an option to have any engine you want under the hood of your shitbox(es). What do you choose and why?

Optional hard mode: the resulting car/engine combo must be legal where you live as in you being able to pass vehicle inspection

Also bonus points are awarded for unique and/or interesting swap ideas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VfD06diff08
twitter.com/AnonBabble

EJ20. Because it has an EJ20.

A twin turboed Coyote swap or a V10 swap out of an RS6
this would be in a new Ford Fiesta

miehms

F113 G, keep the low CoG from the FA20 and gain the wonderful 12 cylinder sound. Emissions regs change with the oldest age of the engine or chassis so no problems there.

I drive a W-body so there aren't a lot of swaps i could do without blowing my transmission. it does have a 6-speed instead of the 4 speeds they came with but id still be worried.

I would probably still try to swap in one of those Audi straight fives boosted to about 400-500 HP to make a sleeper and stop-light worrier out of my shitbox. wish there were more straight fives more mundane manufacturers.

straight fives from more mundane manufacturer's*

RB28 in my VY Commodore. It'll be like a modern VL.

Phaeton V10 TDI into crown vic.

How do I force a HHR and Tesla together damnit? Get a ghetto Chevy Bolt.

EJ205. Because that's what I'm already doing.

2JZ because
B I G
P O W E R
N U M B E R S ! ! !

1 2 0 0 H P
B O I

>Picture of a 2JZ-GE marked as a GTE

That said; a 2JZ-GTE into my a70 is my plan anyway. Not very unique, BUT it would pass inspection, so long as I don't mind a huge amount of paperwork.

The W124 Mercedes is a very straightforward case; put either LS1 or 2JZ in there and we are done.

However my N/A SW20 with it's 3S-GE engine isn't, especially if we are going with the hard mode. Probably the best, most practical and most reliable engine swap for it is to put one of those 3,5l V6s from newer Toyotas (I believe they are found in RAV4s and Camrys?) but where I live you are only allowed to increase your engine displacement by 25% meaning you are limited up to 2,5l engine here. Obviously 3S-GTE or Honda K20/24 are good options here but let's go for bonus points here and play with the idea of putting either a Mazda rotary engine or Subaru boxer engine in there. At least in theory both of these should lower the car's center of gravity (especially the "rear roll center") and make car handle better.

I want Tesla drivetrain in my Miata. Maybe cut down on batteries, but dem engines must stay.
If not in my car, I really want to witness a diesel V10 from Touareg in an early R8.

EJ20 as it now has EJ16.

E36 coupe, currently m42b18. I'd love to put the VAG v5 or vr6 inside, just for lulz. Would be legal too.

The best one is missing.

And lol wtf an EJ20 in top JDM engines...? Youve gotta be kidding me lol. The thing breaks up before 300hp. Peice of shit.

Stock block turbo K20's have been making over 600hp for years.

youtube.com/watch?v=VfD06diff08
Dream car... Turbo K20, over 1000hp... Drools*

7AGE
touge king

I will to swap RB26DETT. It looks so good.

>anotherone for my collection

Thanks bruv

got another one of the JZA70. From what I know, when it was clocked, it was the fastest car in the club.

OM642
3.0 V6 turbocharged diesel
260hp
620NM

>engine swaps are illegal

What sort of communist shithole do people live in for this to be the case?

It will be a neo nazi right wing state like Switzerland or the USA.

>OM642
>Ölmotor 642
>JDM

The axis isn´t a thing anymore since the mid 1940s...

>13B-REW
Since it is the only one that fits.
>emissions
Well, I need a particle filter, multiple catalythic concerters, a good ECU tuneup and the OMP using a low smoke 2-stroke oil to fit hem.

this is still the fastest one i have

>shitbox
Since you didn´t specify wich type of shitbox, I´ll fit a 13B-REW in my east german shitbox moped.
>inspection
Not required
>Emissions
It is a 2-smoke running rich without any emissions system.

>moped weights less than engine to swap it with
>280 hp
>~100-150 kg weight
>transmission needs to be changed as well
I could basicly run a clutch and a direct chain drive since the torque of the 13B-REW would be sufficiant for a verry small Mokick even at low rpm.

2j built to rev to 13,000rpm

sonny's 15 liter crate engine in my miata. I live in Florida, so no inspections

RIP motherfucker

Who said it was JDM you fuck
Its great power/economy combo senpai considering you can daily 8-9/100 from it and diesel is like 0.9€ a liter here

Sti engine in this would be hilarious.
I'd probably have to fix the suspension and drive train first tho so I wouldn't die

muh Group B

Why are these cars so slow?

I've got a Four cylinder camry, so I'll swap in the LGX V6 out of the new camaro. Smooth V6, 335 HP and shouldn't destroy fuel mileage. Only concern would be the torque steer, it's bad enough with the 2.4L

>17804717
do not respond to this bait

First day here?

13b

Bait aside, Big Red Camaro gave me a chubby.

An all aluminum kaase racing 460 that revs to 8k rpm and a tr6060.

3g Eclipse 3.8l MIVEC turbo AWD swap.

Would be nastier with a RIPP stage II centrifugal supercharger with some nasty twincharged setup.

>any subaru engine
>any rotary
>good

also,
>sr20det instead of ca18det

BMW N74B66TU in my Z4. Because i can get the rear loose with it's 2.0l 240bhp engine and i want to see what it does with a 600bhp turbo V12 instead.

>3sgte into my AW11.
The 3sgte is a hugely underrated engine.

>EJ207 into my Bugeye instead of the EJ205.
For those that don't know, the 207 has better internals, a much better flowing head, and revs to 8k instead of 7k. DO WANT. I mean 8k in a turbo car? SHIEEEETTTTT

also i live in the UK where any engine swap is legal as long as it's done properly

also check em.

I also came here to post the god tier K20. The power to weight ratio is insane.

It would also be a way easy swap since I've already got a K20A3.

My current plan is to try and get a 2zz in the AW11 but if it could be any engine it would be from the 222D for that sweet 600hp

>Have LS1 Fbody
I'll upgrade to an LS9 because why would I get rid of the Greatest Engine Ever Made™

>not an LS7 for MOAR CUBEZ

Because an LS7 won't require you to be an absolute madman and cut the body up to fit it

LS swapped rx-7

>W124 with a 2JZ
Now I want this

Twin-turbo Coyote V6 in a 2017 Civic hatch
Longitudinal AWD conversion would be nice, but the power steering compensates for torquesteer pretty damn well

>California
As per the replacement engine laws. The Srt V10 engine from the Ram 1500 SRT-10 "trim package" can be put in my normal ram 1500. I don't even need to have a BAR representative sign off on it either according to the law.

From there, I can build it up with Carb certified performance parts and a mild cam.

The fact that the 2jz is labled as a GTE when that is clearly a GE triggers my autismo

Fully built KJ-ZEM into Ford Probe, with ZE cams to switch it back to Otto Cycle and underdrive pulley for the blower to bring it down to 20psi

It should stay that way so they don't get over priced.
And I'll do hard mode. I would swap a 1mz-fe in my aw11 so it can pass bar test and still keep it Toyota.

normie mode: k20
hardmode:2zz

Ford Coyote 5.0L in pic related.

No VQ?

>implying anything other than the stock 2.4 turbo would fit
>implying I'd want anything else in it anyway

It's already quick and reliable, why mess with the one thing that Chrysler didn't make absolute shit on this car? Seriously, the rest of the PTGT isn't that great, but the engine, trans, and LSD have all been bulletproof despite pushing 320hp/378tq for the last 30k miles. People make these engines put out 400+horsepower in a daily without blowing up.

>k20a
>posts a b series

Nice

Also if you already have a k20a3, you don't even need to pull the motor. Remove the head and manifolds, and replace with a red top head and the ported alloy manifold and you have effectively a k20a

The reactive torque of the rotary would have the moped on a 45deg lean at full throttle....

Fund it

I have a triumph gt6. Cast iron 2 litre straight six (iron head). 2 valves per cylinder, non crossflow, cam in block, carburetor, 100hp on a good day and something well north of 550 lbs

The driveline evolved from a 35hp triumph herald without ever really being beefed up, so more power just means more breakages

I dream of an all alloy injected 4 cylinder. Something like 130hp at half the weight, half the gas, and no tuning required. Oh and it'd make the whole car weigh something like 1870 lbs

R26B 4 Rotor in a Twingo

A TRZ Airmaster into my Trans Am, I guess

R18A1

Mine isn't creative but id put an RB in my s30

No 3S?

Modify the shit out of the body, get a red axle, and throw in a valve Triton V10

t. Corolla driver

2000 Integra
I'll take the rotary. I wish an F20 was in the running then I'd choose that, or maybe a k20

4g63t in a dodge stratus

That pic always losses me off. That's a Renesis not a REW

Evinrude 300HP 2-stroke V8 outboard into a Miata. Someone did this with an old Volvo.

>top 6 JDM engines
>All of them are terrible engines

pic related has more hp than all of those engines combined

2JZ is shit.
Real best is 3S-GTE or 1UZ-FE

I'd put a rotary in my spitfire.

Then how come the LS cant run the quarter in 5's ?

LS babbies on suicide watch and cant respond

get out your wallet mr.benchracer

Sperg more GM cuckold

The EJ20 isn't even the best horizontally opposed engine, let alone in the top 6 for all time best JDM.

>rx8
>13brew
>ez pz

>2jz - weighs a fucktonne
>rb26 - weighs even more without even having forged internals
>4g63gte - lol crankwalk
>sr20 - ?
>ej20 - lol oil burning and headgaskets
>13b - lol apex seals

this is a fucking garbage list.

Name a better one than this, I'll wait.

says the man living in others shoes

Oh I dunno, literally any flat 4 ever? FA20DIT is probably at the top though.

>THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS TORQUE AND HP
>DRAAAG RACING
>DRAG STRIPS
>CARB'D
>SOLID LIFTERS
>CAM (singular)
>MUH TRUCK GEARS
>MUH TRUCK DIFF
>MUH TRUCK CHASSIS
>MUH TRUCK SUSPENSION

YEE HAW BOYZ WE GON WRANGLE US UP SOME QUARTER MILE TIMES BOYZ!

>no dorito option

>13B-REW
Wake the fuck up.

DUDE im gonna try a rotary swap in my mr2 when the 20v swap i have in it grenades

>butthurt

>swapping the mighty 1GZ-FE into a 2000 lancer coupe
surprisingly, it is legal if done correctly.

>flat 4
>no turbo
>why do two of four of the cylinders get an exhaust?
>on two wheels
>burnt knees
Fuck off.

>Flat 2
>High power to weight application
>Flat 2
>For more fast
>Knees are nowhere near
You first.

>flat 2
>half the cylinders of a half decent engine
>literally not even a quarter of the cylinders of a real engine