Any eurobros in here? What's the highest average fuel consumption you are willing to accept? How much is too much...

Any eurobros in here? What's the highest average fuel consumption you are willing to accept? How much is too much? 8L/100km? 10L/100km? 12? 15?

>You have to use the highway at least once a week to be able to participate in this thread.

Manage to keep both baiku and shitbox at around 6.5L/100Km, I suppose 8 or 10 would have me worried

I consider 8 to be average, 10 would have me concerned

I average about 17L/100km in my Phaeton.

less than 20 mpg is a bit ehh

Anything less than 20mpg is the sole province of bourgie excess, only tolerated by people who don't have to care about mundane things like 'money' and 'cost of living'.
20mpg = 14L/100

I can just about get 30mpg (9.4L/100), and that is currently considered to be below average.

Well my car tells me that the average consumption over the last 6500km is 7.7L/100km... I mean I DO hoon it almost all the time and the little engine is not suited for the kind of highway pulling I do sometimes (I guess I average about 12L/100km on highway) but hey it's fun so...

12.5L / 100km in my volvo 940, but that's on LPG
>LPG costs only 0.15€/L in Belgium
>I live close to belgium
>LPG is 0.45€/L in my country
It's literally cheaper for me to drive that landbarge than to drive some ecohatch

>Only tolerated by people who don't have to care about mundane things like 'money' and 'cost of living'.
Wrx checking in with 12L/100KM.

I am on LPG, so I am willing to go to about 18L/100km

Nice, LPG fags are in. That was faster than I anticipated. The only thing missing now are the "I do 4.5L/100km!!! And it's chip-tuned!! Beat me!!" 1.9 TDI fags...

What exactly is wrong with LPG, except the tank in the back?

>20mpg = 14L/100k
How did you calculate that

20L/100k twin turbo fairlady z reporting in

The best I can manage is 4.7 in my TDi swapped 6N2

7 for diesel, 9 for gas.

He meant imperial.
It's more of an /r9k/ fuel than Veeky Forums fuel.
git gud

So you are just sperging just because.

What isn't wrong with LPG

Is British mpg that different to us mpg? Wtf why can't we all just use km/L

>L/100KM
Kill yourself, km/l is the superior metric.

Currently averaging 6.5 km/l, which is pretty tolerable on a 395hp truck running on LPG.

For regular petrol vehicles, I'd consider anything above 10 km/l. My mopeds managed 30km/l, and my last motorcycle only got 20 km/l.

Some people know how to find tax loopholes that make a 15MPG vehicle financially viable though.

LPG is completely wrong because it's 112-116 octane, has high latent heat of vaporisation, is cheap as fuck.

>How did you calculate that
Using proper gallons not retard ones.

Depends on the car.
I was fine with my impreza gt (eu market, 1st gen tarbo) at about 10l since it was boosted a bit, but the honda jazz I currently drive needs about half of that which is also nice..

With my punto 1.3 multijet I average 4.8L/100km while the old rav4 2.0 d4d never goes above 7L/100km.
Anything above 7L/100km is too much for a 4 cylinder diesel

Say it's smelly and your argument will be complete.

Your just assmad I pay barely anything for a 2.4L turbo engine making 250hp while you're stuck in an ecohatch.
(old) Volvo engines are though enough to survive higher pressures and doesn't need to limit the amount it injects to prevent blowing up.

>lpg is high octane dur
This means nothing. LPG is shit

This.

British MPG is very different from American. Also the methodology for testing the "average MPG" is different in each country. That's why it differs so much.

I have yet to visit an EU country that unironically uses km/l only.

Any photos that can verify that you still do 250HP after the LPG conversion?

Do you even know what the octane rating on fuels indicate?

>What's the highest average fuel consumption you are willing to accept?
4L/100km on gas
3L/100km on diesel

So you drive a bike?

I am yet to see a valid reason not to have an LPG system in your car except saving boot space.

No, just a normal gas powered car.

My Motorcycle needs 2L/100km.

my diesel bmw consumed 16.6 liters per 100km last winter
now it's down to 6.6l/100km

Daily reminder that if you get any more than 10 combined mpg and your car runs on anything less than pic related you do not drive a performance vehicle

Also the motorcycle is a 80s 2-stroke with contact ignition and a carburettor.

What car do you drive that you do 4L/100km on petrol in real world conditions?

I need 3,7L/100km on my Aygo.
Why should I drive a car than needs more fuel for the same task?

Mazda Imagination.

Not him, but not being able to park in most underground parking lots sucks.

This is a valid reason, if you are somewhere that follows the rules. I live in a third world shithole, so I am yet to be kicked out of parking lot because of it.

>Hayabusa is not a performance vehicle

>have to run car dry and leave it airing out without spark plugs for 5 hours before switching fuel types
>lpg isn't available everywhere
>have to have a gay ass lpg sticker on your car
>make fuck all power and sound like shit
>be driving a bbq car (pic related is you)

>LPG is shit because I say so!
Solid argument there.

>I have yet to visit an EU country that unironically uses km/l only.
Countries don't use it, people use it because it's easier to work with.

>Power after LPG conversion
Modern G3 Prins systems are warrantied to have identical power. Iirc the Dodge pickups actually get 401hp instead of 395 when they're retuned to run LPG.

>Octane rating
Octane is the resistance of a fuel to detonation. Higher octane means a tuner can be more aggressive on boost, fuel and ignition timing. Because of the duality of an LPG setup, you can have a 95 RON petrol tune, and then switch on to a 100 RON LPG tune.

>He doesn't run 100 RON
Plebians I tell you.

>Implying anybody does that
>Implying my truck fits in underground parking lots

I regularly park in garages with those signs in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and France and never got in trouble for it.

>car
>drive

>hyabusa
Legendary sports bike senpai but not a good counter argument

>Implying you ever need to switch fuel types
>Implying LPG isn't available in first world countries
>Implying stickers are mandatory everywhere
>Implying LPG can't make more power
>Implying coal isn't superior for grilling

>have to run car dry and leave it airing out without spark plugs for 5 hours before switching fuel types
What the fuck are you talking about?
You litteraly need to push a button on most systems.
>>lpg isn't available everywhere
That is true.
No.
I have been driving at top speed on LPG multiple times, it doesn´t realy change shit.

wot?
>lpg isn't available everywhere
true
never has a car in the family had a sticker, but as said, I live in a shithole. So true again.
The newer gas injection systems don't hinder your power if tuned properly and if all else fails, just press the button to go to petrol
>I regularly park in garages with those signs in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and France and never got in trouble for it.
so this guy's post is moot.

>>make fuck all power and sound like shit
>I have been driving at top speed on LPG multiple times, it doesn´t realy change shit.
The only thing that sounds different is the LPG pump in the back becoming noticeable if I floor it

Some systems are pressure fed and don´t even require a pump.

They sound more metallicy, like a slight ringing. Otherwise, not too much of a difference.

>Countries don't use it, people use it because it's easier to work with.

Never heard anybody using km/l in germany.
where are you from user?

I probably don't notice it since Volvo has shielded away engine sound pretty good and the pump makes it impossible to hear small difference in the engine sound

That sounds like the AFR isn't correct on those, which does happen on a lot of LPG engines since they're foten badly tuned.

A properly tuned example will make identical power, and will make the same power.

Netherlands, 500m from the German border.

what a coincidence, I live 10km from the NL border

Nah, the power is fine. It might be that, as it said that the nozzle size is too small, but I have heard it on "factory" fitted systems, too.

Verdammt, ich wohne 10 m (nicht km) von der deutschen Grenze in den Niederlanden.

NRW? Close to Limburg?

Nozzle size too small = lean AFR. Great for fuel economy, not for power. Certainly explains the tinny sound. On a factory install on a 5.7 Hemi, there's no noticeable difference.

NRW? Close to Limburg?
Yes, but on the dutch side.

We just fitted the system, so there are some adjustments to make, but it runs a whole lot smoother, although the engine is on 330k km almost, being driven it's whole life on LPG.

Also everything in the Netherlands is close to Germany.

>Also everything in the Netherlands is close to Germany.
Not that close.

>I have yet to visit an EU country that unironically uses km/l only.
You should visit Denmark some time. Eat some pork, pop some happy pills and enjoy our km/l.
Also, I get around 10 km/l in my 940 Polar and I regularly beat the fuck out of that car. 10 km/l is really the cutoff for me, though. Any less than that and it's not viable.

Looking around for cars I have a hard time to accept gas cars that are advertised as 7l/100km (so 10l irl). 8l irl would be the max for me.
>current car uses 5.5l gas
>bike about 6l
>10min commute to work, half of that is autobahn

>have to daily a V12
I have ascended beyond this mortal realm of worrying about trivial things like gas mileage or "ease of access" and simplicity.

If it's a normal car, C segment petrol hatchback, I'd aim at an average consumption of 15-16 km/l with modern turbos.

If it's a sporty hatch or coupe up to 250 hp I'd look for 12 km/l.

Considered than a Giulia Quadrifoglio with 510 hp stands at 9 km/l (something more on highway) this is it.

needs to be under 10l/100km highway and in the city shouldn't be over 14l/100km

I'm driving to Denmark almost every month. Never saw anything about km/L tho...Once I tried to fill my tank there and had to pay by card. These fags "reserved" 3x the right amount since I had a foreign card and held the money for a week (it was on the 1st gas station on the highway from Germany). Never again will I tank there. So now I just get full tank near Flensburg and then another one on my way back. I had to hypermile the shit out of my car but it's worth it IMHO.

Also I don't really like your country. Hate the fake "happy" citizens. But then again I don't get into contact with Danish people that much and when I do I'm all the way up north and some say that northern Danish are indeed weird as fuck...

>hypermile the shit out of my car
Most people don´t even know how to do that.
>not driving at maximum vacuum
>not slipstreaming the Semi
>not pumping up your tires to maximum sidewall pressure
>not shutting down engine during descent

>not driving at maximum vacuum
I don't have a gauge for it fitted.
>not slipstreaming the Semi
Driving the speed limit on EU higways automatically means that you slipstream something 99.9% of time. Remember most of our reads are only 2 lane.
>not pumping up your tires to maximum sidewall pressure
I do that even when I don't hypermile
>not shutting down engine during descent
I don't think that's really necessary on any modern car. Also Denmark is pretty flat.

>I don't have a gauge for it fitted.
OBD II
>Driving the speed limit on EU higways automatically means that you slipstream something 99.9% of time. Remember most of our reads are only 2 lane.
Not realy since semis are not allowed to overtake in some areas and are only allowed to drive 80 km/h.
Also slipstreaming requires a verry low distance to be more effective than a lower speed.
>I do that even when I don't hypermile
That´s the spirit.
>I don't think that's really necessary on any modern car.
It is, the engine sonumes fuel as long as it is runnig.
>Also Denmark is pretty flat.
As well as northwest germany.

Naive amerifat here, never knew yall argued about LPG vs petrol.

With an ecocar I need at least 30 average with a heavy foot. Truck im happy with 15, pumped with 20+ (my 4x4 diesel gets 21 unloaded)

Sports car, luxury car, motorcycle? 0 fucks given.

>economy car needs 30L/100km
That is more than a bridgeported, supercharged 4-rotor RX-7 in the city...

>OBD II
You got me there. Truth is I'm lazy to do my research and buy something...
Not realy since semis are not allowed to overtake in some areas and are only allowed to drive 80 km/h.
>Also slipstreaming requires a verry low distance to be more effective than a lower speed.
Yeah, they can go 90 in here (so they do 100 usually). What I meant was that once you are in a heavy traffic during the day then it's no problem to just drive close to a semi. Overtaking will just fuck up your average so...
>It is, the engine sonumes fuel as long as it is runnig.
Well usually when I go downhill in Austria or Northern Italy I just go to neutral. Dunno how much fuel will the car take in neutral but I figured it won't be noticeable.
>As well as northwest germany.
True.

>ell usually when I go downhill in Austria or Northern Italy I just go to neutral.

You would be better keeping it in a high gear, if the engine is being turned by the wheels most modern ECUs will cut the fuel completely, this is better than putting it in neutral or stopping the engine.

I ment 30mpg.

I have no idea what 30l/100km would be haha.

>most modern ECUs will cut the fuel completely
Not him, but mine doesn´t realy do that.
Since I deactivated power steering and I can lock my wheels up without the brakebooster, I see no reason to keep it running.

But neutral will make me coast further even on small decline, no?
Dad has a 2017 VW in automatic and that thing goes to neutral by itself when in normal mode...

>I have no idea what 30l/100km would be haha.
7,84 mpg

Most of our major motoring publications as well as the general populace will use km/l as a rule.
>These fags "reserved" 3x the right amount since I had a foreign card and held the money for a week.
Was it a debit card? Because all stations pretty much do that here if you have a debit card. One of the only reasons I got a credit card, because I didn't want the hassle of pre-paying or going into the store period.
>Fake happy and northern Danes.
Yeah, most of the city folk love their fucking pills. It's become standard practice to shove that shit down peoples' throats for no reason at all. People up north are definetely fucked to the point they're barely Danes anymore. The majority of people there are upper middle class and most parts of the 'cultural elite'. Their main concern has always been and will always be, outwards appearances. That means living up to the state propaganda about us being the happiest people in the world at the expense of the genuine honesty that used to characterize us. Most Danes as a rule are pretty rude fucks, unless you fuck around Jutland or mid-Zeeland. Or if you're a tourist they want to sell some shit.

Holy fuck kek, yeah thats drag car mileage.

Was it a debit card?
Yeah, it was. Still it never happened to me in any other country.

Heh, you are actually the first one to admit that. I have friends and GF in Aalborg and man that city is fucked. I've never seen so many people doing drugs openly before and I'm from a country where everybody does drugs sometimes. What part of Denmark would you recommend me to visit? Also I don't care if people are rude or something. Brits are fucking cunts and I love them for it. Honesty (even if rude) is always better than fake smiles.

Also was it just me or are the people up north jealous as fuck? I have a shitbox but a rare and quite new shitbox and man I get so many angry looks every time I'm over there. I mean it's not my problem that you have to drive rusted peugeot since you can't afford anything else for fuck sake.

Well, there's been a lot of problems with gyppos doing debit card fuckery and the gas companies want to be sure they get their pound of flesh.
I'm honest about it, because I'm like most 'normal' Danes. I'm fucking tired of the constant propaganda about how happy we're supposed to be. They shove it into our faces every two months or so, like there isn't anything else to be proud of that would actually be true. It's mostly so the government can tell us: "Sure, we have a gigantic tax pressure and an enormous, overbearing system that's about to collapse under its own weight. Sure, tax relief is only for the rich. But at least you're happy about it and if you ain't, go get some mirtazapram and get back to us."
Bigger cities are basically either gentrified to shit or containment zones for fuckfaces. The big three (copenhagen, aarhus and odense) are really bad, but provincial cities like roskilde and holbæk can be pretty shit as well. It does depend where in the cities you go, but most folks will have a very lazy and laissez-faire attitude towards boldfaced degeneracy. We also have an incredibly entitled subclass of drunkards and drug-addicts, because our system is one gigantic safety net for those scummy leech fucks. It's good we help people who've gotten fucked over by life, but so many of them are basically just what I call "professionally unemployed".
But if you want some nice, softly rolling hills and pretty decent people, I'd suggest mid-Zeeland. Lejre and roskilde both have some okay museums and sights. You want to experience proper Danes, visit the countryside. Just keep out of west- and south-zeeland, because those people are fucking animals. The south is where municipalities send all the criminal youths and the terminally undesireable.

Also, a lot of the "prim and proper" Danes who vote for all the correct left-of-center parties and tell everyone how they have the opinions that are in vogue, are petty and envious shits.
Mostly you can divide them into two groups. The ones that hate you for having a car that isn't just older than theirs, but also has the gall to be in a better condition. Then there's the ones who are just angry because they've been browbeaten by their wife to get a peugeot 306 or a seat altea or a vw touran or some shit like that. Whenever I get near copenhagen or roskilde, I get angry looks, because my car is gigantic, bright red and in near-pristine condition. And the turbo is very loud. They hate people like us, because we remind them they chose the wrong priorities in their life.

Thanks for the tips m8. I will try to visit some of these places at the end of the month when I have to go there again. Take care.

My car is about 10-12L on E10, and 15L on E85.
I would probably not use to commute daily.

No problem, man. Hope you catch some good sights and meet some nice people.

How much will the care take when you use 98 octane petrol? I never use E10 since I guessed the fuel consumption would take such a hit that going for premium will actually save money?

I drive so little that I'd have to do have a fuel consumption higher than 12L/100km or fuel economy lower than 20 mpg for it to make a painful difference on my budget. However fun only begins beyond that fuel consumption so it's not really of much help and until then it doesn't make much of a difference what car you drive. Up to that point cars aren't that exciting, and in fact there are even some boring old shitboxes getting that level of fuel economy.

13-14L/100km in pic related

wondering how it'd be with LPG installed

fuck im a retard

That's a nice car desu

Around 14-16L/100km

Im looking to one of these, it does 10 L/100km (28 MPG) but I like it

Aw yee. That shit's from when Mitsus were at peak aesthetics. Sexy ride, user.

15l/100km

And that has to have at least 250 horsies

For a dd it's 11l, which is what I have right now.

I get like 8 combined in one of these. It's pretty ok T B H. Anything above 10 would be a no go for me.

N R W REPORTING IN

>tfw my 4 cylinder shitbox gets 13.07L/100km

For me is 5l/100 km maximum. Have Ford Focus Combi 1.6 TDCi (85kW), pretty decent ride for acceptable money. Now is the average consumption 4,2 l/100 km, trying to reach 4l/100km.

E10 is already 95 octane with up to 10% ethanol.
Despite having a 3L V6 engine I never needed 98. Honestly I don't many cars built those last 20 years will benefit from 98 over 95 so E10 should be fine.
E85 on the hand burns faster, but it's like half the price.

Italy reporting in with absurd prices per liter of gasoline, less so for diesel.
Anything doing less than 15km/l or about 6.6 l/100km is starting to get thirsty.

I've a mk1 Ford Focus 1.8 TDDi and I run between 4.2 and 3.8 l/100km with an inferior technology, you should step it up