Alright /brit/fags, what was your first car, how old were you, and how much was your insurance?

Alright /brit/fags, what was your first car, how old were you, and how much was your insurance?

I'm doing some shopping. I'm debating whether to just fuck it and get a 1996 Celica since insurance will be ridiculous regardless.

Other urls found in this thread:

parkers.co.uk/car-insurance/group-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First I bought myself, and didn't borrow on family insurance?
Volvo V40 P2 1.9 turbodiesel
Under £900 a year, down to £460/year now at 23, with only 2 years no claims (oops)

parkers.co.uk/car-insurance/group-1/

2008 Skoda Fabia 1.2
1400 pounds

shitty econobox with floaty pensioner suspension and slow in general but the torque is fun

basically insurance is a scam regardless don't do what I did, just get something fun and bite the bullet

Buy this bad boy and pay whatever you must to actually have fun in your vehicle.

2004 1.2 Fiesta-£1400 at the start of this year
Got rid of it last week and am now paying £1000 for a 2011 Fiesta Metal

2013 VW UP. Insurance group 1 car, so as low as it's getting. Tallfag, so it's the only cheap car I can drive.

Still £1700, with a black box.

Car is boring as fuck at low speeds but if you push it past 4k it's honestly entertaining, even with a 59hp 3cyl.

>Still £1700, with a black box.
Where do you live? That's ridiculous, I'm paying a grand for a car with 140 brake and I've only been driving for 7 months. I live in a shithole as well

900 annual fully comp on a 1.4 Corolla at 18, no black box cuckery went down to 550 after a year.
Bought a 2.0 Celica after two years, paying 85 monthly fully comp on that now.

had a 316i E36, costed me £1300 with a box on it but once i was earning money i just fucked it off and got rid of the box and paid £2500 so i could do gnarly skids - now own an mr2 2.0 gt

Outskirts of London, fairly nice area.

As in, near the M25, north of Heathrow. Not the inner city.

1 litre 2002 Corsa C. I paid £3500 for 10 months of insurance.

I really wish that was a joke. 5 years later without a single claim and I'm still paying £900 a year for the fucking thing

end my life

>living in london
>ever

lmao

central london here, £630 fully comp all mods declared

Peugeot 207 2007, 18, £1280 with a box

1.0 litre Toyota Yaris
Paying £2200 a year, no black box.
Fun car, accelerates pretty well, get to laugh at my cucked mates who are on their 3rd French car cause French=Shit

>all these box cucks
kekeroo

This

Have some dignity

Cant afford that. Black box dropped 500 quid off of my insurance.

2008 ford fiesta zetec 1.25, 50,000miles

25 year old, first car though

~1k first year,
down to about 500 now

Joke's on you, your car is also made in france

Rover 25 (2003+) 2.0 Diesel

- BMW M47 Diesel (bulletproof)
- Well-built
- Reasonably nippy
- First year insurance quote £1500 (less than like an ibiza or some shit)

My first car was a Rover 25, and my second is a 1999 Celica SR.

>V40 1.9

My dad has one of those

180,000 and stil going strong

75 not 25

>Celica that isn't a 2 liter 3SGE
>ever

Why

Insurance prices
Literally my second year of driving senpai

Plus the 7AFE is immortal. 121k and still trucking.

56 plate, 1.25 Fiesta "Style"
£800 for my first year, 18yrs old back in 2009

It was a basic car, had 0 power and wasn't a looker, but I miss it so much

At least you guys can cheat the jews with low displacement or rare cars. They tax it by horsepower in Austria, i pay 1300€ for my 88hp shitbox civic.

You don't really have to jew anything once you're older than 21-22 and have a year or two of no claims. Pretty much drive anything you want with sub 1k annual quotes after that.

>10 years no claims with protection
>£185 a year
At least there was no black box shit when I first started, I'd have hated that so much.

Any of you lads done Pass Plus? I've started today and apparently it should knock 10-20% off my insurance, seems like bullshit though.

It literally is bullshit, makes fuck all difference and you're just wasting your money.

You're better off just sticking your parents on the policy as additional drivers, that can knock it down a lot.

curious eastern euro here...

roughly how much would my shitbox cost to insure in bongland (dont need exact numbers just a rough estimate)? 20year old car 1.6litre NA 125horses, 2doors, 2 seats, targaroof. first car on my name, but i had a drivers licence for a couple of years now...

About £2k. Unless you're over 25.

england
YES

impossible to know without your age but could be anywhere between £300 - £2000

jesus you bongs are bonkers. thats almost the money i paid for my gokart. paying 200eur now per year.

feels good to be poor

im over 25, but why is that relevant? shouldnt the years of ownership and/or licence count? imho an older guy with fresh licence is more dangerous then a younger with 1-2 years of driving experience

19, 1.6 Hyundai Coupe '05
£2.5k w/ black box
>Insurance company knows i'm never gonna claim anyway because it'll be cheaper to replace my shitbox than lose my no claims
>The absolute state of uk insurance

>an older guy with fresh licence is more dangerous then a younger with 1-2 years of driving experience
I'm pretty sure the insurance companies have solid data that proves otherwise.

I have already done that and have a decent policy as is tbf

It's people claiming against you they worry about. Not your shitbox.

My 2007 KA is getting me buy for £1200 a year. Got a black box in it which is shit.

1998 Suzuki Swift 1.0, (3-cylinder 50hp)
~£1,000 TPFT

This was 12 years ago though.