Turbo/Supercharger, better tires

Delete torque dip.

>poorfag "Track" option
No inerrior options
just bare metal and cheap plastic
No AC
No radio, but DIN slots
cheapest possible rear seats as option(maybe from Aygo) or no rear seats at all
cheapest possible passenger side seat (maybe Aygo as well)
bucket seat at driver side
bare metal on doors
steel wheels (16" 220mm)

price reduced by about 5k due to cheaper car overall
weight reduced by about 150 kg

>STi/TRD version
turbo
harder suspension with lower ride
front splitter and big rear wing

price increase by about 5k

That would make it more expensive since turbochargers are not exactly cheap.

100hp more
No infotainment "poorfag" package

Thats literally it

>100hp more
That would make it more expensive as well.

Get rid of boxer and put in an i4

Then pay up bitch

Need to do some other strengthening as well. Some cooling mods to the engine in addition, the cars tend to run hot stock without a turbo.

Also beefier axles. Possibly a new transmission to be sourced, current one is good for maybe 400hp sparingly, needs to be a bit more reliable.

give it an inline 4 turbo or 6 engine instead of a shitty boxer engine and make the seats more comfortable.

Drop the boxer
Supplant with 2GR-FE from IS350

That would require major changes to the hood line.

i6 ruins the balance,

Also don't be a fatass, seats are great.

>replace the engine that responds well to mods with one that won't even fit in the car
Y'all brain damaged

You can buy it like that in Japan

2GR will fit dumbass, tuning houses have already done this if you would have searched the fucking subject

Thats why you make it a performance package and not the stock. You can label it an STi or whatever and shouldnt add that much to the price. Its already in WRX price territory with its current performance and people are buying them so

And some dude fit a Ferrari V12 in there as well, but it won't be economical or easy to do on a production line

Literally $500 and an afternoon tier thinking

The WRX price tier with the weak engine is to compensate for the R&D that went into the chassis

Nigger, you asked how to unfuck the Toyobaru, you didn't say whether it was from the factory or already fucked with that weak shit FA20
Be specific next time you dumb faggot

>no price drops for no reason
>only Toyota/Subaru parts
>no change in big stamped sheet metal
>no too big changes

Seems pretty clear to me that OP was talking about out of the factory. Otherwise anyone can buy an FRS for like $13k and slap on an Edelbrock supercharger and stickier tires and still be under $20k right now

You're all missing the point.

Knock 10k off the msrp make it a bare bones shit box

Problem solved

Split fold rear seats for when you are 3 up and have a bike or longbow or two in the back.

UEL headers.

Equip with a dry sump and drop the engine for an even better CoG.

4.5:1 Final Drive

Ok, the 2GR is a toyota engine
There's no change to the sheet metal to get it in
Other than the engine there are no big changes
What the fuck is the point of the price drop being a factor? Did the dumb fuck mean price hike?

You know the FA20 takes more power than the EJ20 to brake right?

>There's no change to the sheet metal to get it in
Yes there is, it will need a much higher bonnet line to pass pedestrian safety regs.

>Knock 10k off the msrp
How would that be realisticly possible?

OP meant "don't slash the price by $5k to $10k and sell the same car because reasons"

2GR would still require assembly line changes on Subaru's end. Even a WRX engine makes more sense

No one likes bare bones shitboxes. Make it a good deal at 30k instead.

It wouldn't. Retards gonna retard

autoblog.com/2012/02/09/toyota-gt86-comes-in-stripped-down-rc-flavor-in-japan/

I dont understand the price of the GT86 RC. It has tons of the creature comforts stripped out, but only costs 2000 dollars less than the base model with the niceties and is only 100 lb lighter. You would think stripping all that stuff out like the AC and using steel wheels would save a lot more money than 2000 dollars

Not that much these days since so many cars come with AC and alloy wheels standard, the costs for those parts have been driven way down. It also shows how the profit margins aren't all that big

Doesn't matter, it's a shitty pancake engine

Wrong, the engine can be placed low enough that the HOOD will clear in it's current design

Fuck Subaru, they've choked this thing since inception, and this is a "how do we unfuck..." thread so anything is possible
2GR>>FA20

>the engine can be placed low enough that the HOOD will clear in it's current design
And then the engine will sit so low that it would negatively affect ground clearance
They'd also have to completely redesigned how the engine would eject from the car in the case of a front end collision

>the engine can be placed low enough that the HOOD will clear in it's current design

Not and pass the legal requirements for pedestrian safety without complex and expensive bonnet pyrotechnic rams, return to /mlp/ or /pol/ you knuckle dragging mongoloid.

jfc, no
Those that have performed the swap have said that it will fit in the same packaging with out any major redesigns to the sheet metal to get the engine to fit, or the suspension
It's been done before
Read above you tea swilling charlatan

So those people who swapped it have done crash tests as well? They re-engineered the engine ejection mechanisms?

>2GR
What a dog of an engine 84% of the specific output of the FA20, bigger, heaver, much higher CoG. No wounder Toyota needed a Subaru engine if that peace of shit is the best they can do.

>Read above you tea swilling charlatan
I have, you aren't very smart are you? Just because someone can make it fit don't mean a manufacture will get it passed crash tests. It wouldn't pass them

Either 2 things

1. Drop the price by 3k because 27 is way too much

2. Keep the price but give it the same turbo as the wrx for extra 70hp

Or maybe a 3rd: fix the torque dip with better headers

So no single peace of metal sits any higher than on the FA20?

Make it a light shitbox with good suspension that's 10k off the price.
No electronic bullshit or interior options.
Better tires.
Get rid of the "sporty" angled and ANGERY look, that's not what the AE/GT 86 is.
Possibly get rid of the fucking boxer engine.

>STi/TRD
what said

>engine ejection mechanisms
Since its coming from the factory, this is a non-issue and wonder why you bring it up in the first place
You shut your whore mouth, the 2GR makes over 300 bhp, is only marginally heavier than the FA20
>higher CoG
LMAO who fucking cares? This is the dumbest argument Ive ever heard coming from Subie fuccbois

>muh crash tests
What guarantee do you have that it won't?

>Since its coming from the factory, this is a non-issue and wonder why you bring it up in the first place
The factory will just engineer it for free, right? Just completely change the engine bay so you can have your meme engine

>1. Drop the price by 3k because 27 is way too much

It's cheaper than any comparative car by a long way. Have you seen the cost of a Miata with an LSD? Even with the Miata Club's tire advantage the 86 is faster.

Remove a lot of standard features and make them options.

Alloys - optional
AC - optional
Fancy sound system / radio / satnav - optional
Rear seats - use cheap ones from an corolla
Less trim on doors and glove box can just be a shelf
Put in a dirt cheap corolla engine for a base model

>What guarantee do you have that it won't?
The fact it's taller and the 86 only just passes the test for the minimum height clearance between the engine and the hood. Keep digging.

>LMAO who fucking cares?
Everyone who isn't a retard. Ah I see your problem.

>2GR makes over 300 bhp,
In what none supercharged application?

I'd buy one if it was on the same price point as the civic si which can be had for about 24k. Which is where a lot of these kinds of cars can be found

Imo price for price at the 27k mark I'm more inclined to buy a wrx than a brz because I don't have an explicit desire for the rwd lsd as much as I do an overall high performance car

Even then if I was in the market for a rwd lsd car I'd rather blow 3k more on the brz price and get a 370z sport that has fuck tons more power and an lsd

>cheapest possible rear seats as option(maybe from Aygo)
>Rear seats - use cheap ones from an corolla

Why do people seem to think rear seats that conform to the body shape are just interchangeable between models?

370s are pigfat and old. The base models also have shit suspension

Just get a used BRZ for well under $20k

I dont know if this is an apples to orange comparison, but the new Honda Civic Si has a turbo motor + LSD and has the same 205HP for around 23-24k new and has a much nicer feeling interior. I know RWD is inherently more expensive to make than FWD cars, but come on, the 3k price gap is too much

>Even then if I was in the market for a rwd lsd car I'd rather blow 3k more on the brz price and get a 370z sport that has fuck tons more power and an lsd

You wouldn't if you drove them back to back.

The Civic is also a mass produced platform.

The fuel economy requirements pressured on the 86 is why there is a disgusting power curve. The curve is evidence of striving for the best fuel economy at cruising speed and best economy when driving around the city...
Fix the fuelling map and open up the exhaust a bit and it will probably look at another 50hp easily I believe... but it might not pass emissions like they need it to

The Civic Si has the benefit of leveraging a mass produced ecoobox chassis, whereas the Toyburu uses a bespoke RWD chassis. Suddenly the price difference isn't all that big

You're goddamned right, blow it out yer ass

Minimum shminimum, that engine can fit, as swappers have already proven

You know who don't care? Those who've driven a stock toyobaru and one with a 2GR swapped, that's who and CoD isn't a factor

2GR makes over 300bhp FROM THE FACTORY WITH NO FORCED INDUCTION in the Lexus IS350 since 2006, which also happens to be rwd

BLOW IT OUT YER ASS

>he wants a literal soccer mom engine in his sports car

Literally $500 and an afternoon talk here buddy

Ok now I get it you are just a troll. Or very stupid we will now ignore you and the heavy ass 2GR and stick none idiots.

Point out where I said that fuckface, oh that's right I didn't
Point out a 2GR powered rear wheel drive minivan in production right now, oh that's right you can't
Right, just keep using that failure of an engine design you subie fuccboi

Do the driven wheels affect how an engine revs? God you're retarded

Put a k20 in it.

Given a choice between an FA20 and 2GR not one person with a brain will take Toyota's turd over the superior Subaru.

No, it doesnt and what does it matter if it came from a minivan or not? Bisimoto did a 1,000 hp Odyssey with the J35 that came in it, does it make the J35 a piece of shit? No it doesn't

>Subaru
>superior
>over Toyota

Thank you for confirming once again how retarded Subaru fuccbois are

The K series revs nicer than the J series and feels more SPORTY, which is what matters in a SPORTS CAR

Stop pretending that base model civics don't sell for 16k

A brz or 86 with nothing more than ac is more than adequate. Unless you are stuck on being delusional that is 30k car

Look at the specs, the 2GR is shit.

>Do you prefer the 2GR?
>Are you stupid?
You must answer the same to both questions.

So you're saying a J35 can't be made more sporty? LMAO, go do some actual research into engines before posting your nonsense here ever again

>has no idea what he's talking about
Sure to love that non-existent after market for the J series

>shit specs
From wikipedia
>The 2GR-FSE engine is rated at 309PS (227kW; 305hp) at 6,400 RPM and 38.4kg·m (377N·m; 278lb·ft) at 4,800 RPM.
Even if you went with a regular 2GR, your looking at anywhere from 268-296 bhp, you're a fucking retard m8

>non-existent aftermarket

The beauty of the J series is that parts from one will fit on another, and if you did your research, which its obvious you haven't done anything research related except for Subaru, you would know this
Fuck off

That's not aftermarket you mong

How many times has the FA20 been in ward's top ten engines this decade?
How many times has the 2GR been in ward's top ten engines this decade?
0 (but it was in 4 times in the last decade)

So it looks like the FA20 has pushed the 2GR out of the top 10 engines for good, apparently according to idiots by being worse.

>"then pay up bitch"
>enthusiasts dont buy because enthusiasts are poor as fuck
>sells like shit
>gets canned by toyota
>"ALL M-M-MUH ENTHUSIAST CARS ARE DED FUCK TOYOTA"

>305hp

From a heavy 3.5L lump, that's shit.

make it a foot longer so normal-sized men can fit in it comfortably

>370s are pigfat and old
No they fucking aren't. You'll call a 370z old because it's from 2009 but actually got real updates but you won't call a gt86 old even though it hasn't changed at all since it's introduction in 2012.

The car is only 3300lbs which is average for cars its size with a 6 cylinder and it runs circles around a brz any day

>J series has no aftermarket
powerrevracing.com/Honda-J-Series-s/1877.htm

proimporttuners.com/parts/acura/tl-performance-parts.html

Here's two examples

You're fucking retarded, that's already been established

>only 3300lbs
That's pigfat
>from 2009
More like 2002

Put the Camry v6 in it.
That's it.

Stick a 2JZ in it.

>More like 2002
It's not a 350z you fucking Mongoloid

>it's pigfat
The v6 Honda accord is 3500 and a v6 camry is 3400. And those are fwd cars that lack a drive shaft to the rear wheels which is usually more heavy

Don't even bother, I've been arguing with 2-3 idiots who are vehemently opposed to the idea

>No too big changes
Lmao who are making these threads, dumb twelve year olds?

I'm not the one defending the pigfat shit output 2GR against the objectively better FA20. Show me one time the 2GR has beaten the FA20 in a Ward's engine of the year competition. Go on just one. You can't because you are pushing for an engine that's shit, because you are clearly mentally sub par.

>Ward's
It won 10 Best from 06-09 dumbass, who cares about your arbitrary argument
The FA20 didn't come out until 2012, and it only won on the year of it's release, I wonder why? Maybe because everyone figured out that it has a HUGE torque valley, while the 2GR, whether Fe or FSE, does not

But yet here you are pushing an engine that loses torque when it supposed to be making more, talk about a shit engine

What's there to unfuck? Pretty decent car for the price. People forget the Miata with an LSD costs the same just about.

OP is an obese loser fishing for (You)'s, it worked

Also
>pigfat
Pic related is the 2GR weight, while the FA20 is 17 lbs heavier

When comparing something to a 4-cylinder boxer engine denter of gravity matters.
The boxer is much shorter and lower than other engines, except maybe for 2-rotor wankel.

>e FA20 didn't come out until 2012, and it only won on the year of it's release,
And 2 years since then, the 2GR hasn't wone a top ten slot since the FA20 came out while it has won 3 in that time. That tells you everything that you need to know about which is better and it's not the 2GR.

Thinks samefagging will make him look less of a retard.

And yet when the 2GR has been swapped in, there have been no noticeable differences between the engines and how the car handles, funny that

Because it won three years in a row and no one was complaining about it you fucking mong, you're shitty pancake engine has a huge torque dip which is why the only variant that made it after it's initial launch was the WRX motor, that's saying something because the FA20's torque dip was so bad the only way they could remedy it was putting a turbo on it, that's a trash engine

>samefag
Pic related

There are differences and they are noticeably in corner heavy courses.

Using a phone to samefag doesn't make you less retarded or change the fact the 2GR has never beaten the FA20 in a Ward's top 10, come back with your dung heap engine when it can.

1JZ-GTE.

The spirit of the car remains the same. But now the engine isn't crap, is actually good for being "muh moddan platform", you can do the spark plugs in five minutes instead of one hour, and the head gasket will actually last a while.

Too tall to fit under the hood while remaining legal.

Dipshit, I've been posting on my phone and ONLY my phone, I'm not Alphonse nigger-tier, thank you

Maybe with a stock suspension, but that can be overcome

Then why has it been done? Do you research what you post? Cause it looks like you don't

No, the center of gravity will always be more forward and the load transfer will be higher.