What car fits my personality/job/budget

hey Veeky Forums,

I need advice for a prospective vehicle. My current ride, an 04 Crown Vic that is beat to hell, is not gunna cut it. I have a bank sales job in an affluent region in Massachusetts making 55k plus commission, but I'm 23, a recent college grad with student loans, rent, and credit cards from school I want to pay off. I'm not a flashy guy by any means so I'd feel comfortable doing 250/month. I love domestics, diesel trucks and suvs, though note I drive a 30 mile round commute plus prospect calls. What would be a reasonable suggestion for a vehicle that my clients will take me seriously in, but won't break the bank?

any advice much appreciated!

With student loans, rent, and credit card debt I'd say keep your current ride and pay off your fuckin cards

Or alternatively, get a grand marquis and keep the vic as a backup

I'm a banker by trade and I have a good grip on my finances, thank you though. looking more for car advice.

>vehicle that my clients will take me seriously in, but won't break the bank?
did you read this part?

I drive a crown vic, 9/10 it ruins peoples perception of you.

would rather get a couple grand of trade in value and have something newer

thanks for sympathizing. fun to drive, until everyone realizes you're not a cop and just a dbag

>fun to drive, until everyone realizes you're not a cop and just a dbag
completely agree and understand. I actually really love the car for what it is, but the social factor takes a toll on on you. I'm going to be selling mine soon, basically for that reason.

Mark, is that you?

You should just get 2013+ Ford Focus. They are reliable, decent looking, comfy and cheap to run.

2015-2010 chevy impala or Malibu. Good reliable cheaper and the car has no opinion attached to it. Your trade will definitely get you to sub 250 a month

Honestly op, get a nice used lexus, like 2010+. Many can be had for sub 15k and many people like their styling. They are very unoffensive vehicles with a well regarded name. They don't carry the snobby stereotype that many foreign luxary cars have, but aren't budget shitcans either.

Are other people's perception of crown vics really that bad?

Was going to suggest one as well.

this
OP apparently likes the car but doesn't like how people think of it- get a grand marquis or a town car, same thing but it isn't a crown vic so boom, no more cop stigma

just buy a fucking used avalon and keep it clean

it varies. I'd say most people really don't care, but some people have definitely treated me different after they see what I drive. it's weird, and can be annoying.

you need a v6 auto mustang asap

If I see an Crown Victoria I assume you're either a neckbeard that wants to LARP being a cop, or just an old person. The latter isn't bad, but I'm assuming the young hotshot banker OP doesn't want to look like an old fart.
I'd get a certified pre-owned c-class Mercedes if I were you OP.

>an crown victoria
Oops, I'm not a retard I swear

>in Massachusetts

Once you find a new vehicle for your job, hypothetically would you sell the victoria, and if so how much?

>t. Veeky Forumstist in nh looking for a panther

P71s in particular have some strong stigmas attached to them; poor, weird/serial killer, drug runner, wannabe cop.
Nothing a few hundred worth of towncar/GM trim parts or a few leather cop jokes can't fix though.

Nobody cares about you or your car.

Previous P71 owner here. The hate against you is real. Normies don't understand how great these things are.

First logical alternative would be a Lincoln Town Car. Lexus makes a couple rwd V8 sedans and coupes as well.

why does their perception of you change just because you drive a crown victoria? I don't understand the stigma JUST because its used by the police, what the fuck does that matter? What could they possibly assume about you?

Not even shilling. Buy a Chevy Bolt since it's dirt cheap right now for starting family car. The thing is going to make you look like the future while Teslas are on a wait list. However if you wait and see what the Nissan Leaf is going to be in a few days there is that too.

Tesla cucked itself with too much demand and these cars will most likely have a better build quality.

>why does their perception of you change just because you drive a crown victoria? I don't understand the stigma JUST because its used by the police, what the fuck does that matter?
I don't know. people are stupid and shallow sometimes desu you'll have to ask them why they do it, but they do, do it.

>What could they possibly assume about you?
see >poor, weird/serial killer, drug runner, wannabe cop.
the annoying thing is though, people just act on these assumptions. rather than just ask me why I bought the car, in which I could give detailed reasons as to why, they just keep their distance from me, or act different in some other way.

it's annoying, but it is what it is.

>vehicle that my clients will take me seriously in, but won't break the bank?
did you read this part?

Yeah, but the man has debt. Wipe that shit out first, nigga

Oh fuck off

>Yeah, but the man has debt. Wipe that shit out first, nigga
understandable. but he's not going to pay if off if he keeps scaring away clients.

>Not jumping on the EV band wagon before it goes to shit.

Because what do clients love more than seeing fiscal irresponsibility in favor of vain self image from someone they want to do business with?

If your car is that detrimental to your career success, you gotta work on your skill set.

If your car is undrivable and is due to be scrapped. Take a few grand and buy a Grand Marquis. Its what you are used too carwise, more luxurious, dependable, affordable to buy outright, and you wont have another bill to pay each month so you can pay your other debts that much easier.

Dont be some yuppie who blows his cash like a redneck on payday just because you are doing alright now.

user, I don't think you understand how much of deterrent this car is to normies. he would be better off with a decade old corolla. this car implies something is seriously off about OP.

>If your car is that detrimental to your career success, you gotta work on your skill set.
in order to improve on his skill set, he would need to have clients.

My friends paid out the ass or took out loans for shitty front wheel drive economy cars just because they wanted something modern

I paid 2k for my 2011 crown vic and its more powerful and roomy then what they got. they didnt believe me when I said my car was newer than some of their cars. and paid a fraction for it.

No one has hassled me about cop stigma, I get no dirty looks (maybe because I dont think about it constantly as some do), and its a fucking dependable car.

I think the people who cry about the stigma are just too self-conscious to begin with.

>Id really like to have you as my banker/consultant/salesman/ect. but I see that you drive a Crown Victoria? sorry user, no deal, you need at least a Toyota to be successful here. I cant have your car mucking up our business deals.

LS400, preferably a mint old one.

I don't know why you keep implying I support the idea that he should take out loans. I'm saying he should ditch his current car, especially if it looks like the one in the OP and preferably get a used one under 10k with less of stigma against it.

>No one has hassled me about cop stigma, I get no dirty looks (maybe because I dont think about it constantly as some do), and its a fucking dependable car.
>I think the people who cry about the stigma are just too self-conscious to begin with.

nice anecdotal evidence. that's cool the stigma doesn't bug you, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.