/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>rip thread edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Thread Music
youtu.be/8b3xyfJWuh0
youtu.be/dqGb2A2KzaY
youtu.be/mK0GEzjq2Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=tdFnqG-0p_k

>Salvaged CTR
youtube.com/watch?v=X1po3WhG9XY

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ct715uowKPs
youtube.com/watch?v=b6ee0xD8W0o
ebay.com/itm/TPMS-Sensor-Service-Kit-Johnson-Dow-Industries-6-111-Dill-1100K-NEW-TPS-/262633663649?epid=76081749&hash=item3d262faca1:g:tB4AAOSw4shX4G3k&vxp=mtr
charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-honda-accord-128k-miles/6235310522.html
charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-honda-accord/6280042601.html
charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/super-nice-97-honda-civic-lx/6283314229.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

Second

D E A D

M A L L

Did Veeky Forums change the max image size for this board? I tried creating this thread since there wasn't one for basically a day, but Veeky Forums would let me because the last OP image was too large (4.65mb, max is 4mb?).

Imagine slamming an NSX, damn ricers.

Yeah max size is 4mb. I gotta resize a lot of my pics to fit them here.

No it's been 4MB for a while and shit is weird. You can see the current op image size is 3.67MB but when you save it to your phone it balloons to +4MB. I don't know if it becomes a bigger size if you save it on your computer though

What's interesting about it though is that it was in Japan and someone Slammed 1 of only 100 NSXs that were being exported there for the 2017 production year.

I think I've got a Collage-quality photo.

The water hides the scratches, and makes the hood look presentable.

Proof of ownership, implying anyone would fake owning my car

Today a message and light on the dash popped up "Check TPMS sensor" how can I fix this without paying the dealer jew?

So far, the insurance decided they're going to inspect the car next week rather than just pick it up.

I wonder if I can use the 25% pay-off check they'll give me to use to get a car, if they total it. It'll only be $1,200.

Anyway, I'm currently using a rental car for my pizza deliveries.

2017 Nissan Versa sedan

RIP

Accord?

Damn I bet that's a huge downgrade. Honda's standards are too high to give their cars away as fleet vehicles for rental.

I'm also not the only victim; it looks like we have automotive serial killers of the arbored form.

Rip old Corolla?

There is nothing like a CM, even the fucking climate control dials feel nice to twist, and other little things like how the steering wheel stocks have little play and feel nice and everything is tightly finished, yet it's a shitbox and affordable.

Yeah

Hey man those Versas are fuel efficient as fuck tho

They're interiors are garbage even for a subcompact, not something you dare buy new.

Damn, losing a car to a tree must suck bad. Not even preventable.

Looking for another Accord or gonna pick up something new?

But... they suck.

The doors are so flat, a breeze blew and it almost knocked me off the fucking road.

its driving me up the fucking wall nihgas
the squeal is loud as fuck and is only silenced by finding that sweet spot with harder braking, any other pressure at any speed and you get tinnitus simulator

when i got the pad there was a little nick on the drivers side but it seems all the noise comes from the passengers side again
i fully cleaned the right side caliper and hardware to the point where contact is as good as new, ive lubricated the pins, lubricated all metal contact points with copper antiseize. Rotor was sanded to remove old dust on the surface and i made sure there was no crust of rust at the edges. Everything should be as good as a textbook brake pads + service so this is troubling.

I notice when the brakes are cold from not running everything is quiet but after a few stops it disappears. The only way to make it shut up is harder stops, even then thats temporary. I've also noticed a faint squeak in general pressing the brake pedal with the key in on position.

At this point im looking at drowning everything in copper lube and saying fuck it

Try sanding the pads, might be something caught on them.

Brakes related, my pedal gives off a hissing sound about halfway through the travel, just in one spot.

>Try sanding the pads, might be something caught on them.
even when new? either way ill give it a shot, nothing to lose anyhow

CM5

OR

BUST

youtu.be/ct715uowKPs

>5k
was that limited?

to add, this is the sound when the pedal becomes depressed like me
youtube.com/watch?v=b6ee0xD8W0o

Yeah it's limited when in Park or N, it will bounce at 6800 if you're moving.

Finally another Honda General!!

So /hg/ here's one of the main characters im drawing for a short manga series I'm making based off a "Murican" Version or Initial-D, he's either gonna drive a Foxbody GT or a Fiero with bodykit, or an old 5th gen celica or Prelude, haven't decided, everyone keeps telling me to make him drive the fox

i agree with the fox, very american
make it the mercury so no one bats an eye
>"i cant believe some punk in a grandpa car is keeping up!"

90s Civic or Accord with a 5-speed.

If there's none good enough, I may go with a Corolla.

I was thinking the MC would find an old Foxbody GT at the scrapyard and buys it for $500 and is in decent enough condition, it just needed a couple things to make it road ready and the old owner figured he'd just give it to the scrap yard, and thus the MC finds this gem of a car with very little he needs to do to make it a new DD.
And thus starts his life of a pizza DDer saving money and working on his car and racing in his small town in Colorado, doing highway races/ small town sponsored drags/ (since its Colorado) national forest park touge's, and maybe some sort of town sponsored local rally event held once a yr, similar to something like the steam game "My Summer Car"

Idk these are just my ideas for this short series

waiting patiently for miata honda version

i have nothing against honda.

but i would prefer giving my money to manufacturer whose performance in F1 is more exciting than their lineup

What year?

You probably need new sensors
You have to get a usb connector to the obd2 and have a program that can pair your new tpms sensors with your car.

just wait for the latest

U P D A T E S
P
D
A
T
E
S

thanks, but i lose my patience (and hope) after 2.5 years

do I need these: ebay.com/itm/TPMS-Sensor-Service-Kit-Johnson-Dow-Industries-6-111-Dill-1100K-NEW-TPS-/262633663649?epid=76081749&hash=item3d262faca1:g:tB4AAOSw4shX4G3k&vxp=mtr

or a complete kit?

Should I just buy one, or multiple?

I don't have tools or a place to work on my car at the moment so I'll probably have my mechanic do it when I change to snow tires.

Lol i forgot you need a mounting machine to dismount the tire. You really can't do it without having to go somewhere.

Or you can just check your tire pressure monthly if you don't mind the light

>winter is coming
>car not complete in time for undercoating

Pulled the trigger on some shop space today. Gonna wrench alllllllll weekend long

Fucking Versa only costs $23 to fill up when the gas prices are currently $2.74/gal in Atlanta.

It would cost $40 to fill up the Accord.

Your flag is hanging improperly. Please turn it so the blue is top-left.
Thank you.

I am in atlanta too. I am going /n/ more often for now to minimize buying panic-priced fuel

>$1.99 last tank before Harvey
>$2.25 post Harvey this tank

It's still low but it really activates my almonds.

>Gas now $2.86/Regular in CA
>Driving 100mi round trip to get sister to school now
JUST

I'd agree with you. Here, my two locations with consistently lowest prices around here (both RaceTracs with adjacent Speedways) were sub-$2 before harvey, but are now reported at $2.75

kek, was in there when I first opened the unit. I'll get it straightened up for you, user

>tfw it's about 2.60$ here
I hate it.
I also hate diving when I can't see more than a foot in front of me. storm season is the worst for driving.

46mpg and slow. The muffler is rusted out and it sounds like rice.

Drove this for a little bit today. Love the look but it's too numb and auto. I love the raw feel of a 90's tin can too much.

Good night /hg/

You can see the anger in your Civics eyes.
You guna brake down soon...

That's a Sentra.

im planning to do the fluid chages on my "new" '98 d16y8. the manual say use OEM Honda transmission fluid, coolant yadayada... The car currently has the green coolant (the oem should be blue i believe), no idea about the transmission. Any decent alterntives in eurolands for these or i should just stick with the recommendation and order them online?

Got the Check Engine light diagnosed, it's a leak in an EVAP line, and I know where it is. I am probably never going to fix it,

The timing belt, on the other hand, is probably on its last legs, I'm gonna get another one and change it first oppritunity I get,

coolant can work with whatever, mexicans run water all the time. Just make sure its properly mixed. If it really looks rusty get inexpensive stuff, run that for a bit, then drain and fill, run a while, drain and fill to oem.

Transmission i recommend running oem stuff, i dont trust the aftermarket to cater to exactly what your car was meant to run with. AT or MT?

power steering i can say whatever since i run half oem half lucasoil stuff, try to do fluids when cold,

brake fluid i'd go oem especially considering you may or may not know when it was last replaced and chances are it could be black now

honestly most of the fluids look alright to me, i inspected them when buying the car. pulled some out with a syringe, checked for color/contamination. Im doing this mainly to get to know my car.

its manual trans. so honda mtf then.

any way to check if the brake fluids are dot3 or dot4? can i mix them in case i need to top it off? i probably wont change them, im afraid of fucking up brakes big time...

I don't know about coolant, you should be able to run anything, but always use oem oil made specifically for Honda.

Back when my transmission started fucking up last year I had to have it rebuilt. After fixing it, I gave the mechanic enough money to buy Honda specific oil (a bit more expensive) and he cheaped out and bout some other cheap shit and the transmission didn't work properly until we bought the oem one.

Hey I'm new to Veeky Forums and I was looking for stuff about Honda's, I'm glad this thread exists!

>TFW it's rained all week and I only got the mustang out once.

how did you found out the non-oem oil? had a suspicion?

Enjoy your stay

ACDelco synchromesh friction modified also works great. Don't get the pennzoil shit it has to be ACDelco brand AND friction modified as they have one that isn't.

Thank you friend!

Will add fâm

Do you do power slides in the rain?

Now fuck off.

patiently waiting for money to pile up so i can buy things
what my nihgas up to

pls no

But seriously every time I drive a newer car I just wanna get back into my car after a few minutes.

Attempting to save as well. Let's see what happens after my bills are done.

This little fucker got yanked from my aux port. Anyone know what I could buy to plug this into?

Yeah. After he rebuilt the transmission it was supposed to run fine again and he didn't know why. Asked what oil he put in and it turns out it wasn't Honda oil -_-
That's the disadvantage of dealing with mechanics who try to skim money and mechs who aren't from official honda dealerships.

Ah thanks for the info. I'll remember that in case I can't find the oem.

>the mechanic jew
>non dealer mechanic jew
oh shit nihga what the fuck are you foing

Europoor here thinking of going to check out a 1999 honda civic 1.4 tomorrow with 120k miles its been fully serviced but anything I should look out for? Its my first time and first honda

Im about to buy a 2003 S2000 with 69k miles
Talk me out of it

SNAP

OVERSTEER

Is that a meme or an actual hazard during daily driving.
Im not gonna be tracking it or anything

Still need to fix my civic.

Rust underneath

I'm 19, Iive in the UK, and drive a gd1 Honda jazz... What does it say about me?

Buy an nsx instead

Should I jump??
charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-honda-accord-128k-miles/6235310522.html

Enjoy getting into an accident with all these big SUVs on the road with people texting and driving

It's not something that's a big deal, S2000s are just known for the owner's crashing them.

You're a reasonably nihga

9/10
I'd only be worried about looking for parts for it and how slow it will be merging with traffic

I only really drive on the highway at 70mph

A lot of car makers have a good of lineup of card yet they've never competed in f1 so it just full of shit. Honda might have lost their touch these but u can't deny them of their glory days in 80s-90s F1

Anyway I could modify it to make driving easier?? t.babbywrencher

I doubt there's any aftermarket for it since it's so old. Take it for a test drive. It won't hurt.

Will k-swap this bad boii

charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-honda-accord/6280042601.html
charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/super-nice-97-honda-civic-lx/6283314229.html
ok, ill look at the 84 but what is your opinion on these two?

>both auto
Buy the older accord. The older one should be fine on the highway actually. I just remembered my bro drove his 89 corolla on the highway daily for 4 years no problem. It's the availability for parts is the main concern