/ovg/ - The Art of Race Cars Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!kJkgkQKS!14AgA5ObkVOopHOnQswOPxPR_eK_-ruKJtuycN5a6eI
mega.nz/#!wRUnhIgJ!WXBYxep33plufoGFKOtklceNrhNrLnqgviL_otsrJZc
mega.nz/#!xVc1wSBD!kZLrtrm7W3z7M7TVkMvP_XgRDp7Ifi_wKmNJn-ccek0
youtube.com/watch?v=U3JjsgDal-w
youtube.com/watch?v=ieGdSlQeSrI
mega.nz/#!oNtnjIQa!lUvgnxHBOy7aqc5rditn_njWsA3sr8IYHx1tw-uPW6U
mega.nz/#!CwECzQRY!waAu68u7Esv9moN-NgpIGyV8mCtdH7_tejJdr8AQkUQ
forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2rift-rfactor2-oculus-rift-plugin-and-tools.39571/page-11#post-660250
bigevilracing.com/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/135-1990s/1180-5-hendrick-motorsports-1996
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for old games best games

second for vidja games

This, /ovgnfs1/ cup when

You need to turn the EV to at least +0.8 (usually +1.0) to get decent pics on SS5.

Not the guy but here's all the shit
Put together the Automobilista ARC editions
- AMS ARC lite
>one series (ARC, smallest)
>one track (Foz, smallest)
>all cherries applied
>includes URL handler (run ps1 script using context menu, then run reg file) so you can one click join from liveracers
>900 MB RAR, expands to 1.6 GB
>mega.nz/#!kJkgkQKS!14AgA5ObkVOopHOnQswOPxPR_eK_-ruKJtuycN5a6eI

- ARC content pack
>all 5 ARC tracks
>2 GB
>mega.nz/#!wRUnhIgJ!WXBYxep33plufoGFKOtklceNrhNrLnqgviL_otsrJZc

- DLC Unlocker
>for legit steam version
>unlocks all DLCs
>works with content pack
>mega.nz/#!xVc1wSBD!kZLrtrm7W3z7M7TVkMvP_XgRDp7Ifi_wKmNJn-ccek0

Rest of the game is 26 GB, can upload content as needed.

Do I need the DLC to run in the my car is the relative size of my cock when compared to other cars championship?

we fly high

no lie

you know this

BALLIN

mx vs atv untamed?
youtube.com/watch?v=U3JjsgDal-w

no step on snek

SENT btw check your spam folder

WE SMART
WE LOYAL
WE FRIENDLY
WE BRASIL

I wonder what James thinks about simdad improving his time to 44 and not crashing at the first corner

Senna for ovg person of the year

We were running 41's.

Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=ieGdSlQeSrI

by the way Project Cars 2 comes out soon!

But he improved

Also you're v good so no wonders you are better than youtube personalities

Better racing wise

please make sure refueling is allowed tyvm

I just cant decide what I want to play.

>he crashed in the last turn

>Automobilista uninstalled
>GSCE installed

still won

>pulling back out into the track after a crash or slip up
To hell with everyone that does this in any racing game. You messed up, you forfeited your right over the track, you have zero right to cut back into the track and compromise other drivers. You don't deserve your position back for free and other drivers shouldn't have to slow down to swerve past your roadblock self.

why are you behind the people that are so shit they pull out right infront of traffic after they spin out?

I know

>crashes
>pulls back on track
>hits two cars
>blames another driver at the back of the pack

biggie smolls

Fuel man, good music can make that game a shiton of fun

lil bro big bro

micro machines

will i be able to join with original steam version? i mean, it could turn out that you need this certain pirate build or something

i joined the server fine and i own the game on steam

Could you make it anymore obvious you are playing with a controller.

>not driving with a controller

>he doesn't

Oh I do, but I don't make it as obvious.

cool autism who cares

>replies 3 times
>who cares
>autism
autism

James taught me in black flag to weave entering corners. It's really easy on a controller.

Fug I just realized I forgot to post the best moment of both races for me.

This was the best overtake of both races and if you say otherwise you're wrong.

>Don't ever pass me or my son again

it looks like a rape scene

this is amazing

GSCE/Autismobilista VR mod where ?

this

why is there no mid night club racing team mod for assetto corsa yet?

Skinpack for R1
mega.nz/#!oNtnjIQa!lUvgnxHBOy7aqc5rditn_njWsA3sr8IYHx1tw-uPW6U

bobu save us from the pleb 2D flat screen suffering

Yes I will, starting now

Give me your number, name, and what additional stuff from the NASCAR you want on this bad boy and it'll be set

Bastor, pls don't move all the skins into "teams", just leave them in folders next to "teams". I had to go and change the description on all the skins I've made to not get double install errors, they will load in just fine

Example:
Automobilista\GameData\Vehicles\ARC_Camaro\RBDK

Oh sorry mate, I saw all the skins in the base folder and thought it's how it worked.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

is it working like proper vr games? i bet it's some kind of trackir wrapper, i'm having doubts about it

also, do you have any dk2 tracking problems? since i started using newest rift software, i have occasional tracking jumps. it stays like that for milliseconds, but sometimes it's more than enough to confuse me. i'm willing to bet that's some kind of dk2 planned obsolence action, but who knows, maybe it's somehow my fault

it uses tridef + the rf1rift plugin. it's fully working in that it's rendered in 3D and responds to head tracking and stuff. but it still renders the UI in 2D so some things appear off screen and it's difficult to use. it was also a bitch to get working in the first place

no tracking problems here, try a game that's less demanding on your cpu/gpu if you haven't already

tfw bought a dk2 a while back but laptop not compatible

you dont happen to have the pack or some links you used on your hand atm ? think it will work with vive too ?

i don't think it's resource problem, it happens no matter what i do or what i play. my camera just randomly gets launched outside the car for a very small moment

but thanks, if you don't have it then it has to be my fault

>stuff you'll need
mega.nz/#!CwECzQRY!waAu68u7Esv9moN-NgpIGyV8mCtdH7_tejJdr8AQkUQ

>instructions
forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2rift-rfactor2-oculus-rift-plugin-and-tools.39571/page-11#post-660250

noticed it says Installation of Oculus Runtime V0.4.1 is needed. from memory i think 0.5 and 0.6 work, not sure about later ones. pretty sure vive won't work natively, you might have some luck with revive but i don't know how that works. also don't forget to delete coreshaders.mas from gamedata\shared

Outside parasites? IIRC one of the headtracking methods for the DK2 is the IR camera, and that can be tripped by anything from a TV remote being activated in your room to an arm or a cable breaking camera/headset LED line of sight.

nah, nothing like that. i even considered sun as potential source of infrared bullshitery, but it also jumps with curtains down. it all worked well with 0.8 software, problem started with update (minor price for performance boost).

What are they playing?

forza 4 obviously

Project Gotham Racing 4

rfactor, the best racing simulation out there

They were playing Trials Fusion

Some dude released a drift R34 4door for AC, has anyone tried it? If so, how is it?

protip: the Kellogg's 5 is available on many NR2003 skinning sites
bigevilracing.com/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/135-1990s/1180-5-hendrick-motorsports-1996

Good taste.

try to copy the car as close as you can, but with meme contingency sponsors. thanks a bunch man it looks sick already

t. highway

I know this isn't the fastest time on earth, but it made me feel good

>tcs on
You should feel bad instead.

Eh, didn't mean to have it on.

IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING ARC
Funny brazilian cunts decided to push an update on a saturday which coaxed me into a snafu. I've chosen not to update the server, and keep it on version 1.4.54, which is the version of all the special snowflake editions I've made.

If you have the Steam version, you can either choose to download the lite copy and use it or you can use the Betas tab to revert back to 1.4.54. Just right click on the game in Steam, go to properties, betas tab and select 1.4.54 in the drop down.

I'll look into updating everything in the upcoming week and upload new lite copies.

Is there like an archive or a website with all the funny WAT/ovg logos? Could really use that to spice some skins

Read the OP

>tcs on; abs off
now that is a new setup

Highway you know you can erase the backgrounds of the stickers with a few simple steps, right?

LMP1 setup

It's me (RBDK) making it, not highway, and the background has to be there for matching the original

bruh the game looks way to good for that sceenie to be me.

wow turnleft teams gave no fucks.

>being this dumb

it could happen next year if you drop enough money on the heads of certain modders

Oh god, I didn't know how some 90s turnleft livery looked like exactly, the horror.

You didn't even read the chain of replies you replied to

hurr durr

Oh I already checked the wiki and got a bunch of logos, but it doesn't have some of those you used as contingency decals like Ranek's or Watini.

>LMP1
wouldnt regen braking count as abs tho?
it does not let the wheels lock
nice digits tho

The ones RBDK used on that car were made by von for the rf2 turnleft series and by me for the ASRX series contigs. The templates for them are on their respective wiki pages.

Thanks mate!

>We modelled the inside of the Colosseum even though no one should be able to see in there. It's the PD way to be thorough like that~
>Don't look right before the hairpin on SS5 though lol

I wasn't meaning to use it. Just started doing rival races because I was bored and ended up setting a time.

what is that holy crap
nice digits
under 1 tho, its rather nice m8

I noticed it first when I was playing on a disc and I thought it might be a read error or something. I'm playing on the downloaded version now and it's still the same. I think SS5 must be the worst-modelled track in GT6, there's so many pop-ins and spots where the modelled area conspicuously ends.

maybe because its a night track they thought they could get away with it?
is that other night stage as bad as this too? (and the kart ones)

>be playing gran turismo 4 for the first time
>accidentally unlock cadillac cien
>everything is piss easy now and it feels like cheating

i-is it supposed to happen ?

I dunno about SS7, but that's mostly closed in with noise abatement walls. Kart Space is indoors, so that's probably fine too.