First Car

I'm gonna be looking into getting my first car soon. I want something reliable, practical, but also fun. I'm basically dead broke at the moment and am moving to a new state, so a job comes first obviously, but what do you guys think? Pic related, something I've been considering.

Just think: a good thread got sent to archives because of this.

I can't get over it of how ugly it is.

op here, i like the stylings personally. i understand where youre coming from though.

you're dead broke, and you want a $35k riced-out, garbage-looking chadmobile

fell for the rice meme.

i should have found a better example, recently been very interested in JDM and the like

>Dead broke
>35k riceburner
>first car

Volvo 240/740/760/850/850r

Wagon or Sedan

Now be gone thot

What are you even about?

thanks dad

>first car
>a fucking Type R
Just get a regular turbo hatch before you kill yourself

If it's you're first car, don't buy a new one or even a really expensive one. Just get a beater and be happy you don't have to spend a fuckton on insurance.

If you want to fall for the JayDeeEmm meme a Civic would be a good buy (Practical, Bulletproof), but not a new Type R.

thats what i was considering, much thanks.

Get a 2014 Mazda 3 hatch with a stick
>fun to drive
>practical and reliable
>all trims come with a stick
>infotainment is a copy of the Mercedes COMAND
>can hack infotainment to add Android Auto and Apple Carplay
>40mpg
>can be had in great condition with low miles for like $10k-$15k

my dad has a 2010, but he has beat his to absolute shit.

I worked at a Honda dealership before, boss bought the Type-R for himself, he drives it on the weekends and leaves it in the car showroom on weekdays. He let me drive it around for a bit and the car is really tame compared to a WRX etc.
Good luck trying to get one though.

probably not gonna get a current or recent year one most likely. i wanna fuck around with some aftermarket parts n stuff. still in highschool so i have the opportunity to be an idiot for a bit kek

>First car

>Implying motorcycle aren't life

Get a daily driver and a motorcycle.

The 2014s are much nicer

how fucking financially retarded are you if you're dead broke and considering buying a new car.

buy a $2k shitbox and save up for a while until you can buy a nicer car outright

Your first car should be no more than $1000 and be a manual with a missing gear

looked them up, they are very nice. ty for the the suggestion
i am very very financially retarded. i thankfully have my gf and mom who help me with that shit. and i have a bit in savings (inheritance from dead gma) but im trying to be slightly smarter than blowing all of it on a car.

thanks to everyone that gave input guys it has widened my eyes on the subject a bit.

Get a tank.

i dont think its the most financially sound decision, but if you think another way, please explain.

Get the regular turbo hatch for 15k less and tune it nigga. The type r is a bad idea.

>still in highschool
underage b& pls go

Tanks won't die and fuck traffic

Civic type r uses a tiny 2 liter i4 that they boosted to like 20 psi. I can't wait to see these engines grenade themselves after 60k miles

Modern engines are nowhere near as weak as you think they are. Mazda makes econoboxes that run at a 14:1 compression ration on regular gas and are going to be releasing 18:1 HCCI engines soon

But keep living in the 90s

Just avoid the cvt. Only tears and frustration comes from trying to get a cvt noticeably faster than stock.

FIT

>spending more than 20k on a fwd

What's his end game?

obvious troll thread is obvious lol

Don't buy new as your first car. Get some grandma-driven shitbox that's reliable and has good mileage. 90s hondas are still a great choice, but don't buy new if it's your first car and you want to /gofast/. Ten to one, you'll crash and be 30k in the hole on a car that you can't drive anymore and can't afford to fix.

Do it

my first car was a 1976 golf gti
>so get a 1976 golf gti

staring at staceys

Pretty sweet desu

>dead broke
>first car
>financing a new Type R
If you're serious you literally deserve to crash and burn in life just to learn the lesson.

Never ever finance a new car
I'd almost say never finance any car, but let's be realistic.
My first car was a new fiesta, an expensive mistake. Not that the car itself was bad, but I'd have come up a lot better if I bought used.

He should get a tank...
> you must have Down's syndrome if you break it somehow.
> you could turn a traffic jam into a new metallic coating for the road.
> you can't go faster than the speed limit.
> bitches love cannons.
> it would make a good party bus.
> fuck driving on the road where those filthy fucking NORMIES are.
> cops would probably not try to pull you over.
> If someone scratches your paint then... ripperoni to the sorry bastard who dare harm your tank.
> Free guns.
Srsly there's no down side to making your first vehicle a tank.

Pic related, something I've been considering.
If you're going to drop that much money on a car, don't get fwd for fucks sake. The 0-60 time of that car is atrocious for having 300 hp.

Veeky Forums newfag here tossing up between some cars for my first.
>180sx
>older supra
>90s corolla
>mx-5
Which one fellas?

If you have money / a business / steadily profitable investments then you should always finance to keep as much cash on hand as long as whatever you have going for you will earn enough money with that cash on hand to outpace the interest.

If the above is not true, then financing a car is still not a terrible idea as long as you set a very realistic limit as to what you can afford.

That said, OP doesn't even have a job yet and financing a car without even having a stream of income is a terrible idea OP wtf r u doing.

A 2002-2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71

If you have good credit you can often get 0% financing through the manufacturer. OP is underage though so if he could even get a loan, he'd get raped on interest.

Shit ruk gud

I don't think you'll find one of these for MSRP, they're uncommon and dealerships are charging out the ass for it

>I'm basically dead broke
>I want a horribly marked-up FWD nipmobile

You are what's wrong with the world.

Mx5 or the corolla - you've at least got a shot at insuring them.
Old supra has rotten steering geometry and isn't fast. Just a meh tier car.
180sx will get nicked.

For 99% of people if you have money you're better off just paying cash to avoid the interest.
Financing a brand new car is especially retarded because of depreciation. Loans are good for the convenience factor (drive now pay later) but if you can afford to pay in cash you will come out on top.

c-can automatics be fun? I found a nice bmw e87 for a good price but its auto.

Only good automatics, so basically only Porsche's PDK