Hey /o what are your thoughts about the new Si?

hey /o what are your thoughts about the new Si?

Yes.

When did hot compact cars turn into large sedans? I remember when the performance trim Civic, Golf and Focus were all small 2-doors.

Looks like an alright SUV.

It's unnecessarily huge which makes it outrageously ugly to me, but hey gotta abide by those wonderful """"""""""""""""""safety standards"""""""""""""""""""" with 10 billion airbags.

Good, best in class even, but it just doesn't do it for me. I love high revving engines. I don't need low end tourqe at 8000 rpm. For me, the personality, character, and fun of the si is list with this one. Doesn't even have VTEC.

I guess there's the type R for that, but still.
8th Gen si is the last good si. It was so raw and fun.

When people stopped buying them.
Also
>Safety

it looks bigger than it is. 2900 lb car, almost exactly the same weight as it was 10 years ago. my 8th gen parked next to it they look about the same size.

Why couldn't Honda take their heads out of their asses in the nineties and turbo their fucking VTEC engines? Fucking wasted opportunity there man

For the size to weight, you know it is made of cheap alloys. Nothing pricey is under that paint.

Because they were btfoing everyone without turbo.

But they need to see the success of the new type R and start doing it now. Literal magic happens when you put VTEC together with Turbo.

It looks about as sporty as a mini van, fuck 4 doors they look like shit, why bother with back seats at all

Literally no reason to buy this instead of a toyobaru

its definitely sporty and the engine makes good power, but it has no soul.

The new civic si is for the person who doesn't understand that there's more to cars then whats on paper

The new Si is the best Si Honda has ever made, the only people who think different are bench racers who just look at raw numbers (oh but this weigh this much and has this much horsepower) , it's the best driving si and I'll take it as my daily or fun car to go 6/10s on any day
(No brother my civic let's me go 10/10s every day track or street )
Fuck off
The irony

It's cheaper and faster than a Toyobaru.

subtle

Get the coupe. Run the +6 hondata

What differences does the coupe offer?

no everybody is a lonerfag like you

size is the same as my 8th gen. not saying it's made of high end components, but the point is the same.

The styling is so weird, from some angles it looks amazing while it looks like complete ass from other angles.

I think it looks better than the type r but i dont want the engine at all it is so limited now with head,exhaust&and cat all one piece also 1.5 liters is like going backwards
If i bought one i would definatly start looking for wrecked type r donor car to swap all the goodies

One friend in the car is more then enough, If someone wants to bring groups of people everywhere buy a vehicle made for it, don't try and mash two different styles together and call it good

The type r doesn't have vtec

Subhuman Undesirable Vehicle?

turbos belong on diesels, old honda made the best 4 cylinders without turbos. desu i wish i never even went with a honda now seeing as their cars are decontented as much as possible and overall very cheap feeling. the premium is the fuel economy but honda as a manufacturer isnt a automaker of quality cars anymore