Car ahead of you comes to a complete stop at a yield sign

>car ahead of you comes to a complete stop at a yield sign

Just being extra safe, user!

Every minivan I see entering a roundabout.
>Better slow down to 3mph here
>Gotta tap the brakes here when the turn gets sharper too, just to be safe

Every minivan/suv/crossover going for a left or right turn
>light is green/no oncoming traffic
>better come to a complete stop and turn as slowly as possible

>parents used to drive a minivan
>always complain I go around roundabouts way too fast.
fuck me i'm not gonna roll.

I have to drive through 2 roundabouts daily of which are very new to many who drive them. Complete stops every time, and they wait until there are NO cars VISABLE before the go. Considering murder.

>car ahead of you brakes to reduce speed instead of just letting off the gas pedal

>car in front suddenly brakes hard while taking a Sharp turn

>car ahead of you comes to a complete stop at a yellow flashing traffic signal

I'm going to murder the local County board for putting in roundabouts that have stop signs

What the fuck? Just use a 4 way intersection with stop signs

>car ahead of you stops completely at the stop sign

I guarantee you dropkicks drive like shit

Kek

>guy behind me honks when I come to a complete stop at a stop sign
>impatient fuck sets off with me without stopping himself
>immediately gets pulled over by the cop that always camping at that stop sign
Poetic justice

>don't let everyone behind you know you're slowing down

>car in front of you has brake lights that are always on

Blissfully unaware, must be nice. Somehow it's mostly on newer pickups.

See asians and old women do this all the time
Then they wonder why there's a weird noise coming from the wheels

>people do the speed limit on the motorway

>freeway doesn't have many cars for once while you're driving on it
>someone flies past you
>the cunt gets in front of you and slows down

This happened today
>noticed a P plater (young ausfag) driving in a Hilux ute, acting like a sweaty fuck
>is in a merging lane, trying to make the gap between me and a car behind me
>without using an indicator, starts to swerve into the car next to him (behind me), blaring his shitty 90's horn
>old mate moves over one lane, whilst being yelled at from this skinny fuck
>i brake check him while he's still yelling
>he finally realizes and slams on his brakes
>almost swerves of the road
>i snap 2nd and take off

I've no sympathy for cunts who can't chill the fuck out

Do you mean in general or when there's no traffic? Because you're supposed to stop at yield signs if there is traffic flowing until it is safe to merge. How do you not know that?

Cont....

Like, physically, how do you expect two cars to occupy the same space at the same time?

My city sometimes uses yield signs instead of stop signs at intersections, if there's a wall of cars coming youre probably gonna stop.

I stop completely at stop signs. In NYC, you have to. Otherwise you'll get pulled over. I hate getting bullshit tickets.

>three way stop sign intersection
>car to your right reaches the stop sign first
>doesn't move and waits for you to stop
>still doesn't move, so you decide to go
>the minute you go they pull forward and almost ram you they're so pissed that you would go when it's their turn

The guy on the right has the right of way.

Holy fuck you're autistic
The OP is implying that there are no cars coming, obviously
I love how you think the OP is the brainlet, so you post some spergy law of thermodynamics like a fucking nerdling wannabe

>third world countries that don't yield to the right at four way stops

no shit. that's why he should already be gone before I even reached the stop sign
but no
they wait for you to stop when they have the right of way
shit pisses me off so bad. wasting everyone's time while they sit there at their stop sign staring at you instead of moving forward as is their right

He should have been more specific. You want me to read his fucking mind?

Fucking millennials.

what the fuck you idiot.
I'm saying the guy who has the right of way is just sitting there with their thumb up their ass
fuck this retarded board, everyone on Veeky Forums is fucking mentally challenged

how come I can do it? huh?
how come I knew what the OP is talking about? you never seen anyone come to a complete stop at a yield sign when the intersecting roadway is free and ear of traffic? I want to move to your town then because New Jersey is comprised of either ultra aggressive dick heads or Asians and old people who shouldn't be driving

I fucking hate this shit so bad
also flying past you and cutting you off only to slam their brakes and get off at the next exit

pretty sure people can tell when other cars are going slower

American's need to fucking learn to drive then. No I've truly never seen someone come to a complete stop at a yield sigh when it wasn't necessary.

>town near me has a defunct rail line going through it
>rail line crossing has a stop sign even though no trains go there anymore
>people generally ignore the stop sign
>one day they decide to have a train go on that line to deliver some shit to a nearby construction site
>guy driving in front of me almost gets T-boned by the train because he didn't stop and look

ever since that day I make sure to slow down to a crawl when driving through there

>tourist ahead of you doesn't come to a complete stop at a yield sign
>they get run into and die

>trying to argue with bench racers

Based

Maybe there was a car coming...

The point I'm making is that he should have the right of way because he's coming from the right, not because he was earlier. First to come first to go creates - nothing - but - misunderstandings.

>freeway doesn't have many cars for once while you're driving on it
>staying on the left and bellow speed limit because you are looking at the scenery being chill and shiet
>someone drives up your arse, flicks lights and then passes you like he is trying to hit your mirror

I worked with a guy who would downshift his AUTOMATIC Camry to slow down, instead of using brakes.

The best part: he ended up getting rear-ended when I still worked with him, and he was bitching that the person behind him said he slowed down without any brake lights.

I still lol thinking about that idiot.

>be me driving on highway
>almost deserted
>roads are kind of wet, slow lane has big puddles in it due to poor grading
>stay in fast lane
>guy fucking zooms up behind me in an Elantra with limo tint
>rides my bumper
>about to pull into slow lane to let him pass, then figure - nah, he can risk dying from a hydroplane
>continues to ride my bumper for 2 minutes despite other lane being completely EMPTY
>finally jumps over, passes me
>his car starts wobbling violently because he's doing 140kmh through puddles with his cuckcar
>gently laugh to myself because someone almost killed themselves for no good reason

>shiny new sports car driving 5mph below the speed limit

>downshift his AUTOMATIC

I am guessing this is a horrible idea because you cant rev the engine and end up jerk-braking?
Havent ever driven one

Getting hit from behind isn't your fault, unless you're reversing.

I had an auto Honda fit with paddle shifters, and in the manual shift mode it would let you rev match. I'm used to motorcycles though so I never got used to rev matching in a car

It's bad when you're doing 70kmh and put it into fucking 2nd gear. Yeah.

sorry mom's in the car...

>three cars ahead of you stopped on the on ramp to the freeway

flappy paddle cuckboxes won't let you blow up the engine though

>steadily accelerating after coming onto a new road
>guy doing more than the limit attempts to overtake
>ends up nearly dying because he doesn't realise I keep getting faster and he's stuck in the oncoming lane
>beeps me like it's my fault

>car comes to a complete stop in the middle lane of a six lane avenue because he needs to change lanes
I hope he has died and gone to hell by now.

>car ahead of you comes to a complete stop at a yield sign
>drive around them and give a friendly doot doot

Oh fuck off

>Living in NYC
>1918 + 99.6

they would have to if theres something to yeild to you dumb autist

A Yield sign means yield the way. If you have to stop, you stop.

>at yield sign
>lots of traffic coming
>have to stop
>some idiot honking behind me
So what, you expect me to just merge into a lane with cars going 120km/hr? When there are barely 2 car lengths between each person?

moist

>Someone is not driving at least 20 over in front of me.

Holy shit get off the road you fucking geriatric. People have places to be these days.

yes

It's not a misunderstanding if you just fucking go when it's your turn

>massive SUV
>crawls down to 5 MPH on every speed bump

Do you have fucking eyes?

It's your rear end and your time if you get in an accident faggots.

Used to annoy me but I can't complain now, I have to slow down to 5mph or my head goes through the roof of my car when rolling over a speed bump.

I downshift to slow down all the time
That doesn't mean using your fucking brakes to do the only thing they're designed to do is some kind of overkill when you want to decelerate at a gentle rate

I care about my rear end user

Nibba don't Fits have a CVT
You can't rev match an auto

>Go to grand canyon with mom
>get on windy canyon road
>trying to push rental car but mom keeps yelling at me to stop speeding up in the corners
>line of cars forming behind me cause everyone else is trying to go above the speed limit
>don't know when I'll get to attack fun mountain roads again

what an embarrassing outfit

hello fellow Californian

I know a guy who blew his Jeep Grand Cherokee transmission doing the same thing (downshifting to engine break and accelerate), he was so perplexed why it happened to and I had to actively try not laughing

>downshifting to accelerate is bad

I suppose turning the steering wheel to turn is also bad

>downshifting autmatic trannys isnt bad

I worded that poorly admittedly, I'm sleep deprived as shown from my shit grammar in that post

oh right I forgot that automatic cars magically accelerate without changing gear

>2 lanes merging to 1 on onramp
>Dickface mcfucboi jumps on the bus lane to get past the truck behind me once we'd already merged at a crawl
>Leave him a tiny enough gap to get interested
>He takes the bait and I close the gap before he gets there
>trucker is having none of his shit either and rides my ass, forcing fucboi to have to stop and wait hoping someone behind will let him in

Deserved every second he got. Fuck those guys. The look of rage/confusion when I didn't let him in was goddamn gold.

Yeah fuck them. If everyone has already merged and are going at a constant speed matching the highway, that guy is just fucking up the entire flow of traffic because MUH FIVE SECONDS. I bet those cunts wonder why traffic is so bad at onramps, too.

>stop go traffic in my prelude
>2 lanes merge to 1
>infront of soccermom SUV
>doesn't see my car until starts merging
>honks
>rev in response
MFW

It's not, though.

You should be doing it when you're going down a long and steep hill to prevent your brakes from overheating. But not at every stop, that's retarded.

A while ago my E34's brake light switch shit the bed so my brake lights were always on, and I eventually disconnected it while waiting for the new switch to arrive. I found myself wondering which is worse: the brake lights always being on, or never being on.

I will say I was a hell of a lot more nervous with them never coming on. I was always expecting the car behind me to rear end me. Luckily I only had to deal with it for a few days.

>turn on cruise control
>suddenly realize everyone's a passhole

JUST FUCKING PASS ME
dont pace me for 5 miles, don't get your goddamn tail even with my front end then fall back for no reason , dont switch lanes to get in front of me then slow down

and when i realize my cruising speed is quicker than the speed you're driving i will try to quickly pass you by increasing my speed 5+ mph over what i have cruise set on, SO QUIT FUCKING SPEEDING UP YOU PRICK

DESU I would have left them on. Never heard of a ticket for that.

If I had to do it again I'd leave them on. Like I said, I was way more nervous with them off. I just hated knowing how confused the people behind me were.

I just slow down to let people pass when I have cruise control on

Yay now you can go home and jack off to Korean cartoon girls. What a victory !!

>car in front of me is doing 35 mph on an on ramp
>stops completely in the merge lane
>after half the fucking highway does dangerous lane changes just to accomodate this troglodyte, they finally get going
>they feather the pedal up to 60mph
>stuck behind them into the next exit
>its a fucking gold chrysler new yorker driven by two old people

I would suck a million disease ridden nigger dicks for this movie to become reality with old drivers.

>car ahead of you pulls out in front
>they never use the gas pedal

>People that fail your benefit of doubt check 3 times
Report-a-nigger on speed dial.
>Stops at controlled intersection for like 5 seconds with nobody coming
Polite toot.
>Continues to left turn green and stops
Less polite toot
>Drives in the center of a 2 lane road
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>They panic brake and swerve violently

They wait for you to stop because they aren't sure if you will actually stop or not. I've seen too many shitlords blast through stop signs to just trust in them stopping for me.

hey whats up guys its scarce here

Then no one is merging for a hour then.

>I worked with a guy who would downshift his AUTOMATIC Camry to slow down, instead of using brakes.

ITT kids that don't know that engine braking is the main reason why automatic transmissions allow you to shift into individual gears in the first place. Car companies allow you to shift into low gears so that you can drive down a mountain without overheating your brakes and dying. This knowledge is so basic that I remember it being discussed in drivers ed.

>want to do a right turn at a light
>car ahead of you doesn't stop on the left shoulder so you can turn right