Have 10,000 dollars I want to invest

>have 10,000 dollars I want to invest

what do? would a brokerage firm accept an amount that small to start an account?

if I told them to be aggressive with it could it generate significant money for me?

is paying commission worth it?

im not too familiar with stock brokering or anything like that

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/wall-street-stocks-aim-for-a-positive-final-session-in-another-bullish-year-2016-12-30
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ill manage it for you. i will be very aggressive

another question, could I possibly generate enough profit to supplement my income? or would it just be like 100 dollars a month?

Hey mate! Give it to me and I'll make you heaps.

TD Ameritrade has no minimum; most of the Big 5 don't.

You're not getting shit for a managed solution with 10k though, YOU have to invest it.

Yes. Meme brokers with low commissions route their orders to exchanges with kickbacks, not to the best bid/ask. If you're doing market orders, you're gonna fucked, and if you're doing limit orders you're not gonna get filled.

Learn first.

>would a brokerage firm accept an amount that small to start an account?

Absolutely, a ton of online brokers have low or no minimums required for their accounts.

>if I told them to be aggressive with it could it generate significant money for me?

So now you are talking about funds managed by an investor. I honestly don't know much about how they decide to manage funds. I imagine some higher distribution of your money would be placed in small cap stocks or something of the like. Significant money would be what? 8% a year? 20% return a year? Doubling it? You need a quantitative value because one person may be aiming for 10% a year, and another person could be aiming for 50%. "Significant" means nothing on its own.

>is paying commission worth it?

If you come out in the green it is.

Most likely, most people on Veeky Forums will tell you to put it in some index fund like VTSAX or something. If you want to try to turn that cash into a huge amount over a short period of time, you are going to have to take the reigns on your own and invest, which if you aren't familiar with stocks, I wouldn't recommend until you gain an understanding, so you don't fall for the memes.

ok what if I wanted a 50% kickback per year? feasible? also what if I got an account on an advisory fee basis? is that what you mean by me investing?

Some Vanguard funds have $1,000 minimums, most $3,000.

Throw that money in a target date fund for a year close to your retirement date and forget about it for a couple decades. It'll be invested plenty aggressively, you'll pay minimal fees, and, best of all, you won't have to learn shit.

I think you are confusing 2 concepts of having a broker and being a broker. I'm talking about going to like TD Ameritrade's website, making an account, transferring 10k and buying stocks by yourself. You know, buy low, sell high.

ok i see. thanks. one more question tho, can i feasibly make a significant amount (.05%) of returns daily? im not necessarily talking about daytrading, i just mean off investments in general.

.05% times 365 is 18%. The market did that on its own last year. It is pretty feasible. With additional learning, you could probably ensure that even in bear markets.

great dude thanks a lot.

THIS guy has the right idea.

>.05% times 365 is 18%. The market did that on its own last year. It is pretty feasible.

For 2016 the S&P 500 did 9.5%. The Dow did 13.4% but nobody cares about the Dow. Nasdaq did only 7.5%.

.05% is really ambitious across all years, good and bad. If you can do that you should run a mutual fund. To prove this, look at a list of the 10-year annualized returns of general stock (or balanced) funds.

Really? I checked the ETF for S&P 500 (SPY) for that post, I could of sworn it was about 15% up from where it was last year. Maybe I need to go recheck it.

Even so, I'm not sure you want to tell a complete novice that he can beat the market. Especially for any consistent time period and *especially* with only 10 grand.

I have no doubt you could post good returns, maybe for a few years at a time, but don't rule out the horde of complete idiots who would've started alongside you and gone bust since then.

I see what we did differently. You did specifically Jan 2016 to Dec 2016, and I was looking at it from 1 year back from today's date. Another lesson OP, reference point of when you get into the market can make a big difference when talking about returns.

I understand your point. I'm not trying to tell him he can beat the market, just simply that the market is doing well right now on its own, and putting it in a fund would serve him well.

Here's one:
marketwatch.com/story/wall-street-stocks-aim-for-a-positive-final-session-in-another-bullish-year-2016-12-30

Russell 2000 did have a really good year apparently.

>I'm not trying to tell him he can beat the market, just simply that the market is doing well right now on its own, and putting it in a fund would serve him well.

Agreed.

But don't expect 18% any particular year.

Fair enough. I can agree to that.

>invests 10K
>"just" 100 a month profit

Nigga please. It isn't magic. You should be glad to make a tiny profit the first year

Do a bit of research. Pick a shitcoin. Buy slowing over a month. Shill it on Veeky Forums, btctalk, leddit, etc. Hope it goes up so you can dump. Get a nice women

btc and icn

Short Bitcoin if it reaches $1300
If it dips before then buy at around $800

>10k is not enough to invest
Damn first worlders, an user lend me 1.4k to build a cyber-cafe and maintenance store here in Brazil, stop bitching around because 10k is a hell lot of money if you are smart and really wanna do something.
Rich people play the money game to win, poor people play the money game to not to loose.

>giving 10,000 dollars to someone and telling them to spend it aggressively
are u feeling ok

Scalp drys with it on volume or whatever

50%? Nvdia/amd did 300% this year, just found the good ones.

>just be like 100 dollars a month?
that's a 12 percent return. you're not going to get that consistently.

>You're not getting shit for a managed solution with 10k though,
you're not going to get a real human advisor with $10k, but a lot of the discount brokerages have robo advisors or managed portfolios so you can pick your investment style and your investments will be managed automatically for generally pretty low fees.

>what is cost of living
most people in a city have more than 1.4k monthly bills

US500...

So if I had invested 2 years ago, I literally would have made negative money.

Tell me why ETFs are good again?

bet all your money on the european elections

How much for a human manager or advisor generally speaking?

>aggressive
>lose 90% value.

everything else but bitcoin is boring and will not make you rich

Enjoy suicide when your short order makes you broke as we approach $2000

buy MU July 2017 calls at strikes between 34 and 37

>what if I wanted a 50% kickback per year?
Doing this is possible, but doing it consistently isn't. You need to be clairvoyant.