Tfw have to reduce speed because a physically capable person is jaywalking as slow as possible

>tfw have to reduce speed because a physically capable person is jaywalking as slow as possible

There should be some law that lets you run these motherfuckers down. If you're going to illegally crossing the road at least move quickly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mDLCd70iTeE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm actually very happy that people only jaywalk here when no cars are coming.

I always lay on my horn and stop as physically close as possible and brake as late as possible

>illegally crossing the road
Is this one of those american 'everyone is retarded so we have to police them like motherfuckers' things?
Because this concept is alien af to me.

American roads are REALLY wide.
It really isn't safe for pedestrians to be crossing except at crosswalks.

Its the concept of not having to look out for every dumb spic that decides to cross the road in the middle of active traffic.

What 3rd world shithole do you live in that's okay with this?

Or is it some homogeneous country where everyone doesn't act like a drug-addle chimp?

>tfw have to reduce speed because a physically capable person is jaywalking as slow as possible

Why is it always some slack-jawed black guy who always walks as slow as possible when he knows he's in your way? And they wonder why the world hates niggers.

Meh, I just like to make believe that it's the glory days of rally group B where there was just shit tons of people on both sides of the track with little to no barrier between them and the car. Let darwinism take its course

Thank you for being informative user.
'preciated.

>Its the concept of not having to look out for every dumb spic that decides to cross the road in the middle of active traffic.
Awareness of your surroundings is like the first thing you have kicked into your head before anyone even lets you behind the wheel.
You're supposed to be watching where you're driving, not cocking about with your phone trying to sext Betty Bitchthighs, Leeroy.

Yes, because your reflexes are stellar enough to avoid someone randomly coming out from behind a box truck.

Yes, because having to slow down for some twat that couldn't be bothered to walk another twenty feet to the nearest crosswalk and wait 2 minutes is so fun.

I don't touch my phone when I'm on in my car, Pablo.

the law states that pedestrians always have the right of way, regardless of whether they are jaywalking.

Jaywalking is a huge problem in cities because its really dangerous but its always the drivers fault if he hits a pedestrian even if he is jaywalking

This, I acknowledge pedestrians have the right of way, but that doesn't mean they're invulnerable.

Even if you get to a crosswalk, be smart and stop to look both ways before crossing.

The law on your side doesn't mean the drunk/tired driver is paying attention and the car doesn't care whose side the law is on.

Yea but in the eyes of the law the pedestrian always has the right of way and the driver is at fault if he hits a driver. Seldom is the pedestrian at fault unless you can prove it

Okay, numb nuts, try reading my post again and you'll notice I wasn't disagreeing.

The fact remains, what good is the law being on your side if you were carelessly retarded and are now crippled or dead?

>The fact remains, what good is the law being on your side if you were carelessly retarded and are now crippled or dead?
insurance fraud

or literally every fucking russian dash cam video ever

>not having a dash cam of your own

Not in my state.

Pedestrians are required to yield to just about everything outside of crosswalks. They also have to obey traffic signals, or pedestrian control signs (walk/don't walk) if they exist at the intersection.

Makes sense when you think about it. I've seen people very nearly get killed crossing a 4 lane road outside of a crosswalk. Traffic stopped in two lanes on one side of the road, and in one lane on the opposite side, due to traffic. One lane, far right on one side of road, is open and blind to traffic/pedestrians on the opposite side of the road. Pedestrian crosses between 3 lanes of stopped cars to get buzzed by some guy doing 30 in the far right lane because they didn't see the pedestrian. Or the car in the far right lane sees the pedestrian at the last minute, jams the brakes and gets within about 4 inches of being rear ended by the car behind them.

Saw a good one when I was riding with a coworker once. Pedestrian is looking to get from gas station to bakery, which are on opposite sides of the road. Speed limit 40 mph, one turn lane to go left on our side of the road, one travel lane and a full size breakdown lane, large enough for a car to drive in. Opposite side of road has little shoulder, one travel lane.

Coworker spots pedestrian, stops in travel lane to yield to pedestrian. Oncoming sees pedestrian, stops for pedestrian once they see someone else has already done it. Pedestrian begins crossing road, gets to about the middle of the travel lane we're stopped in, when a car blows by us on the right doing the speed limit. Since we were stopped in a travel lane next to a left turn lane, they probably thought we were lost and looking to turn without being in the lane or signalling, since that sort of thing happens a lot in our tourism dependent state. Pedestrian came within about 3 feet of being killed that day.

If the pedestrian had yielded to traffic and traffic had followed the rules of right of way, it would have been fine.

Subchapter 5: Pedestrians' Rights And Duties
§ 1051. Pedestrians' right of way in crosswalks

(a) If traffic-control signals are not in operation, the driver of a vehicle shall yield the right of way, slowing down or stopping if necessary, to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within a crosswalk.

(b) No pedestrian may suddenly leave a curb or other place of safety and walk or run into the path of a vehicle which is so close that it is impossible for a driver to yield.

(c) If any vehicle is stopped at a marked crosswalk or at any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection to permit a pedestrian to cross the roadway, the driver of any other vehicle approaching from the rear may not overtake and pass the stopped vehicle. (Added 1971, No. 258 (Adj. Sess.), § 3, eff. March 1, 1973; amended 1985, No. 138 (Adj. Sess.), § 6.)

§ 1052. Crossing except at crosswalks

(a) Every pedestrian crossing a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk shall yield the right of way to all vehicles upon the roadway.

(b) Every pedestrian crossing a roadway at a point where a pedestrian tunnel or overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided shall yield the right of way to all vehicles upon the roadway.

(c) Between adjacent intersections at which traffic-control signals are in operation pedestrians shall not cross at any place except in a marked crosswalk.

(d) No pedestrian may cross a roadway intersection diagonally unless authorized by official traffic control devices or an enforcement officer. When authorized to cross diagonally, pedestrians may cross only in accordance with the official traffic control devices or signal of an enforcement officer. (Added 1971, No. 258 (Adj. Sess.), § 3, eff. March 1, 1973; amended 2003, No. 151 (Adj. Sess.), § 6.)

I should also note, in the second example, there were no crosswalks for several miles in either direction, as it was on a state highway.

youtube.com/watch?v=mDLCd70iTeE

Absolute fucking chaos, how can anyone live with that odious cacophony of beeps and boops 24/7.

You couldn't pay me enough to visit this place for a week, I'd rather work for the rest of my life.

I've been there twice, you get used to it quite quickly.

nah m8 ill pass

>be riding a motorbike in India
>unwittingly enter a designated shitting street
>slide on all the shit
>die
>EMTs (are there EMTs in India?) have to scrape you off the street along with the layer of poo smeared all over it

Just because car drivers have to pay attention doesn't mean pedestrians aren't liable for their own safety either. In 150lb bag of meat vs 4000 pounds of steel, the car wins 100% of the time.

What's that thing that gets drilled into every kid's head from an early age? Oh right, "look both ways before crossing the street." It's on both the car driver to drive with care and the pedestrian to make sure it's safe to cross, not just blindly walk out into the street and hope for the best. They'll be putting "he had right of way" on your gravestone.

>Not trying new things
fine, be BORING for the rest of your life you BORING person

anarchy reigns

>some shitskin is crossing when he has the red hand
>doesn't even look to see if cars are coming
>slam on the gas
I'll ride up on them if they're already half way across the street, then floor it the second they clear my bumper. They always have that "what the fuck you asshole" face on, as if I did something wrong.

Interesting how its almost always a shitskin too, we changed our DON'T WALK signs to a fucking red hand because they're too incompetent to learn two fucking words in English and they still can't figure it out.