Its going to happen in our lifetime, within a decade or two most likely

Its going to happen in our lifetime, within a decade or two most likely.

Will this free up humans from the chore of driving and give humans the freedom to do what they want? Aka play video games, shitpost on Veeky Forums, watch movies, sleep?

How much do we really drive on average? I mean, its gonna make traffic a lot safer and effective, but its not like it will drastically change our lives

The average Joe will get another 10-20 minutes to look at his phone both ways, while other people may get like another hour or sleep or something.

The biggest changes will be extremely reduced numbers of jams (if any), large reduction in accidents and deaths, and better response time for emergency services. I mean, there aren't really any downsides to this once you get the technology working accurately and safely

Maybe make urban planning less dependent on driving in the first place, then you wouldn't need to chase after robot cars.

Cities hate cars. The bike lobby pushes for more bike lanes. Pedestrian fags want more rights for walking in the middle of the roads. They make it harder and harder to use a car everyday but nobody wants to get rid of them.

Good on them, cities aren't the place for cars. This shit isn't going to get any better if you make cars self-driving.

Autonomous RVs would be ideal. They are all driven by fucktards who shouldn't even be allowed to drive fiat 500s so removing them from driving would save a lot of lives.

But the problem is no one is getting rid of their cars

You drive from and to work, assuming 30 minute commute time average, that's 1 hour wasted daily. If we include traffic, it might double to 2 hours a day wasted daily. That's just the superficial stuff.

The reason why we drive back/forth to work is because we have a perma house. Imagine when our cars/vans could be our homes. It could drive itself, charge/refuel it self, possibly clean itself(dumping waste at automated facilities), etc.

This could revolutionize some aspect of living for some people.

We could reduce the need for commuting if cities weren't tax greedy shitholes where only the ultra rich and welfare leeches can live. Why would a RV have to drive itself to live in it? Plenty live in RVs already and do everything you described. You use a PO box for your residence.

Or we could simply create work closer to home again. Otherwise enjoy becoming a nomad work slave.

>own two self driving cars
>going to a concert
>have your first car drive itself to the event and get the best parking spot there is 6hr early
>your 2nd car drives you to the event, drops you off at the door, and drives back home
>when the event is over you hop in your car in the super close parking lot

I guess I'm overthinking it, but it's a realistic scenario in the future. Even just getting out at your destination and having it find a spot for you will be possible

We just need to build horizontally as well as downwards. Penisscrapers aren't efficient. All of the big buildings need to be interconnected with sub levels too

But where would you be driving to?

Would you consider that the reason we have houses is because we like to live in one place where we have our job, our hobbies,family, friends and all that?

I mean, it would be understandable if you had to travel from job to job.. but when the job is in one place whats the advantage with a mobile home?

cars are volume inefficient.

more rail should be put in and more pedestrian bridges. People that live outside the city should leave their cars outside the city as much as possible.

You could program the car to drive anywhere you want to. And if there's some app, that shows what jobs are available in what area, this could be used by the car to travel to that destination and get a job there. The whole working community could be transformed.

>have the two car drive to park at event early
>sell those parking spot for $100 each to some rich fuck
>earn $200 a night
>every night

It would be VERY interesting to see if you could make your car do work for you. K E K

that's what Tesla plans to do with the tesla network. your car can do stuff for you during the day while you're at work and make money at it. Thus the whole scan-the-b-piller entry, and the cloud based user preferences. So whenever you step into a new tesla it would automatically set the seat and mirrors to your user config

Into roaming job hunters? What a glorious future.

If Tesla can manage the car (cover by insurance if customers damage it) and make money while you're not using it by renting the car out, it would be awesome.

i would just be happy if I could break even on the car payments.

>and give humans the freedom to do what they want?

>he thinks the endgoal is to give people more freedom

lmao