Are Australians really so pathetic that they couldn't handle the fact that a Japanese car was dominating their racing...

Are Australians really so pathetic that they couldn't handle the fact that a Japanese car was dominating their racing scene, so they decided to ban it?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/49v87S
rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/standards/vsi-06-light-vehicle-modifications.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literraly no one as any idea of wtf you are talking about.
Also banning "A car" means literraly nothing if it wasnt STOCK CAR races or whatever.

Just kys.

they talk shit but when it comes to it they're pussies
australian "banter" is just a self conscious mechanism

>t. Australian

He's talking about the 32 aka godzilla you illiterate fuck

>not knowing how the R32 Skyline dominated the Australian touring car championship which allegedly led the organisers to change the homologation rules in a way to exclude the R32 with its i6 engine

fucking pleb

itt we shit on R32 confirmed godmachine

Nissan should of made a super limited run of V-8 GT-R's to fuck with them. But I guess at the time they really didn't have a V-8 for the job aside from basing it off of one of their old Class C engines. That and they were blowing their load on allot of performance shit at the time anyways, wouldn't of been worth it aside from a fuck you.

LOL who cares

Maybe it had technical reasons, maybe it was a marketing tactic to focus everyone on the i6 layout, maybe they just thought "okay we aren't welcome anymore, fuck you too".
They had track ready v8s back then but I think they weren't as successful as the rb.

the Z was better at the v8 than the R32

I fuck aussie hoes. Exclusively these dumb stupid idiot sluts fresh off the plane. Stupid bitches. I fuck em good. Come home to their abbo worshipping kangeroos in australia.

Oh yeah for sure, my idea has a billion holes in it I admit, plus it's be stupid in terms of business to do something petty. It's mostly it would of been neat but wouldn't work. And yeah their V-8s typically didn't have as much success as the RB, though IMSA like posted they had some success with them.

The Z would of been better for it I admit.

>being a retarded autist in 2017

Veeky Forums would be a great place if it wasn't for the general Veeky Forums shitposting culture.

discord.gg/49v87S

Yeah they are, they're also pathetic in general. I've lived in the UK, New Zealand and Australia for lengthy periods of time. Australia is close to the biggest cuck hole of all the commonwealth countries. New Zealand is by far at the best of them with Canada probably second due to its location even though Justin Trudeau is in charge.
Let me explain about Australia, they ban and tax the shit out of fucking everything, cars, guns, alcohol and you pretty much name it, if its fun theirs a giant tax or its all but banned. Then they sit there in parliament and wonder why they fuck they've got no manufacturing at all and rampant drug problems with kids. Here's a point just to illustrate this further. If you're going out on the town in Melbourne (second biggest city/same as Sydney) and you're a guy you will spend in excess of $250 on drinking and cabs sometimes $300. You have a choice at this point, do drugs for $30 for the night or spend 1/5 your weeks pay.

Car laws as followed:
Can't be lower than 10mm and if it's adjustable its illegal in many states unless factory.
Can't be louder than 90db (some stock cars fail this) and if you fit a muffler with a device that silences it you're at risk of noise pollution laws and a $5000 fine from the Environmental Protection Agency.
If you preform more than two modifications on the engines induction in most states you have to get an engineers certificate which is prohibitively expensive.
Boost controllers are illegal.
Rims over 2 inches larger or 1.5inch wider than factory are illegal.
Blow off valves are illegal.
Everything is illegal.

To top it off we have this thing called they Luxury car tax which is 30% on top of the price of a car to protect the local market which no longer exists and when the parliament debated changing our gray import laws and removing the tax that protects the industry that no longer exists they decided to ignore it all.
Cont'd below

If you speed by 3kph you get a fine of $200 dollarydoos, speed by 25kph and you lose your licence.
It's illegal to exceed the speed limit while overtaking.

$24 beers here is around $40-60
Australia I conclude is a giant shit hole.

24 beers not "$24"*

Can confirm NZ is fucking based for what you can do to cars, and Canada's fairly loose with rules and has a big imported/importing market with only a 15 year rule on imports.

Of course, there's some caveats:
If you live in BC, you basically have to go down to WA to find a race track worth a damn, or get an invite to the private tracks in BC so you can overtake old men in 996 GT3s in your Civic with a few simple mods.
If you live in AB, you might be making so much money you can have a stable of whatever cars you want, and absolutely nowhere to go with them.
If you live in QC, oh wait QC is actually pretty based. There's some world class tracks, a live rally scene, and stancefags are literally illegal.
If you live in ON, prepare to be raped with a sandpaper condom on insurance. Also, fuck the OPP. But hey, there's some proper race tracks there like mosport.

And of course, if you live anywhere but BC, you have to deal with snow, salt, and sand.

Will confirm, ausfag cops are some of the worst i've ever dealt with

kiwi car laws seem relaxed but the car scene is full of dumbfuck meatheads and petrol is like $2.50 a litre

Yeah, Aus scene is full of hectic kebabs (lebs, arabs, italians, greeks) who are all super aggressive and unfriendly. Some of them are awesome but most aren't. Seems theirs always a group in a country spoiling it.

>It's illegal to exceed the speed limit while overtaking.

Find me a place where this isn't the rule lol?

Australia and their cars suck

Didn't know this, just had a google and appears to check out for most places.
Up to 20ph over on single lane roads should be the law imo.

If only we still had the white australia policy in effect, all of those 10a RX3 coupes would still be mint

It's like 1.70 a litre for 91. 98 is $2.00 a litre

These are the people that lost a war to birds.

>Just kys.
You are on the wrong website, senpai.

I think some group always fills that void with or without diversity. In Vic Aus at the moment the worst is this group of meth baby white kids in lillydale/ringwood. They steal cars every day and pop in and out of jail because the system is so lenient. They brag about it on facebook and everything. People can't even defend themselves from it either because they usually get prosecuted for it and end up in bigger trouble than the cunts stealing the cars.

Ausfag here.

Yeah man, pretty much. Our politicians are very much on another planet, Road Policing Command cops are extremely unfriendly and most of our car laws are shithouse.

I don't have a cat on my Euro IV compliant diesel so I'm for about two grand plus another thousand dollars a cylinder. So for my diesel V8, about 11 grand in fines all up and a canary on top so I'd need to go over the pits to reregister. Registration for said V8 is now 1200 a year.

Not too bad in the country, most cops are pretty chill and don't want to look under the bonnet or around the car too much if your lights work and you've got plenty of tread.

Missus and I just moved to a smaller town than the small town we came from for a high paying job. That cash is moving us to NZ South Island where it's fucking paradise, the people and fantastic and my car is exempt from emissions inspection as an Aussie migrant.

And yes, V8 Supercars are pretty cool but too similar to be exciting, and the butthurt the R32 caused still flows through them. Most of us just thought it was really fucking cool and fast as shit. Eat a fat dick DJR.

Moved from Aus to NZ last year. Paradise my bro.

Where are you thinking of heading in the South?
When my gf finishes uni im heading back to NZ. All my senpai is in the North but the roads, hunting and fishing in the south are so tempting.

Fuck yeah mate! We just fell in love with NZ first time we went there. Just can't wait for that Central Otago country living.

Been looking heavily at places in Alexandra, Roxborough and if we could swing it maybe Cromwell, Lake Hawea etc. My work would realistically be in the North Island but if I can make this work it won't matter where I'm based.

yes they are
they b& jaguar and louts too also Mazda
but to be fair Nissan cheated with the r31 (IRS and more boost than was allowed)

As an Aussie I really am that embarrassed that old fart race organizers were that cunty and uber-patriotic that they'd go to such lengths.

I watch and enjoy racing to see the best of the best drivers and cars, and when you ban the best of the best there's literally no reason to watch anymore for me.

Calsonic R32 is bae

They were massively cheating with the R32 GTR as well. Just google it, already a fuck ton of posts on GTR forums with lists of what they did.

>saying parts were stock that clearly were never stock
>using more boost than rules allowed
>other shit

One group wont simply take the place of another. It all adds up and what will be left is a third world shithole not much different from Mad Max, Somalia, or some favela.

Well, if it makes you feel better the Japanese were so butthurt that the Australian engine tuners were doing a better job at making power out of the RB26-DETT than NISMO that the privateer teams that regularly competed in the Ozzie Turning Car Championship were never allowed to race in Japan.

>dominating
>got a win because lead car crashed in wet and race was called off
Lmao. Friendly reminder the team was cheating power output and admitted to doing so.

>you will spend in excess of $250 on drinking and cabs sometimes $300
schooner is $5, bourbon/rum and coke is $8
how much do you drink cunt

>If you speed by 3kph
nsw has 8-11% allowance... you arent going to get done for 3kph over

>petrol is like $2.50 a litre
$1.20, and we can actually get jobs unlike you sheep shaggers lmao

i cant imagine what its like being this autistic

>doesn't know shit about australian motorsport history
get educated fag

I'll admit I drink a lot haha but in a club its 10-15 bucks a drink for anything other than beer. Wasn't including pubs in the equation. Cab seems to be $50 add on the hsp afterwards and you get in the neighborhood.

Vic is a cunt of a state for speeding, NSW is better and worse in other ways. The NSW custom number plate fee's are insane.

All nice places, as long as you don't get stuck in Auckland for work you should be fine haha.

Yeah man fuck Auckland. Not interested in the North at all to be honest.

>Going to clubs
>Eating HSPs
>Using a taxi
JUST

These. It's funny how whenever someone points these out (which they've WELL documented) on Veeky Forums, nobody responds. The R32 has a tainted fucking racing history.

>these kiddies think this is the only ban due to single make dominance in the history of motorsport
shitposting or not i don't know why i still come here

>24 beers here is around $40-60
I remember paying $13 Aus for a 6-pack, that shit blew my mind.
Wasn't as bad as the Middle East, though. Paid $70 for a 6 of Bud Light there.

>car laws as followed
i'm not gonna bother reading because I can tell you that you're fucking wrong in regards to NSW. about everything.
rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/standards/vsi-06-light-vehicle-modifications.pdf

>almost 100 USD for bud

Holy motherfuck

I'm sure the hotel took a big cut.
But there was really no other option.

Forgetting the fact that the GTRs they raced were million dollar cars while the group A commodores and falcons were all just cars bought from a dealership for 80k

Yeah i wonder why they stopped racing a turbo charged inline 6 in a racing series that became v8 supercars.

Go to university, those things are unavoidable. Also uber wasn't a thing then.

fuck off they're unavoidable.

wtf i hate australia now

didn't know this, will read into this. maybe it's a japanese tradition? toyota once also manipulated parts of their cars to raise the boost higher than allowed.

Here's the real price cunt $9-11 per pint beer and anything else $13+ who even gos to the pub fuck that

As an australian, yes, yes they fuckin were. Muh commodre muh falcon etc etc. Pretty pathetic in my opinion they cant beat it so trhey ban it

About everything. Ok you illiterate spastic. Read the link you posted and tell me that everything I said is wrong. But if just one is right, drink bleach.

Here's what im right about:
90db (but at 4800 rpm, this captures most aftermarket exhausts)
legal ride height still 100mm (I know typo in the first post but that should be obvious to non idiots like you)
Boost controllers still illegal because emissions
Wheel width laws are harsher, only 1.2 inch increase (30mm).
Blow off valves that vent to atmosphere illegal because emissions.

Also the point was that the rules in this country are insane and your link only further provides evidence of that.

Here's some ripper that need engineering certifications/are illegal.
"Fitting of turbochargers or superchargers not originally offered by the engine or vehicle
manufacturer, or increasing the original power output by more than 20%."

"Fitting a suspension of a different design eg from a different make and model"

"Replacement of tyres that change tyre overall diameter by more than 7% of the overall
original diameter*"

"Fitting non-original or non-equivalent air intake manifolds."

"Replacing original engine control unit"

"Fitting pressure relief valves or other devices that vent directly to atmosphere is
not allowed."

"Fitting a wheel with a width of greater than 225 mm, when the greatest wheel width
specified by the manufacturer is 195 mm"
(less than 1.5 inch)

"Modifications that change a vehicle’s fuel system or components from its original
design."

TLDR you've further proved my point and i'm not wrong. I'll admit I generalized a bit but Im not going to spell out the laws of each state.

Sorry let me spell it out. I went to a big uni that's in the middle of a big city and if you make friends its unavoidable.

I got done for speeding

West has a history of being pussies and banning nip cars
1/?

2/?

yee

also schooners aren't 5 bucks, 6.50 for a reschs today at a bowling club

Bowling clubs are awesome

That's pretty sneaky.

At least your cunty organize shit was in the past

The pikes peak organizers blanket banned all japanese sportbikes because clip on bars are "bad for visibility" (anyone who has rode will tell you this is bullshit) and swapping in aftermarket dirtbike bars doesn't count lalala can't hear you. They do this so their favorite western brands that actually make high performance bikes with dirtbike bars (aka harley and polaris) can actually have a chance.

>tfw Australian
>tfw not into cars or sports or being an obnoxious dickhead
>tfw this country is shit
>tfw car "culture" here is garbage

You've gotta listen to them talk though.
Fucking infuriating.

Best thing about straya is that you ask somebody on the street and they'll tell you Holden is an Australian company

"Race cars that were too good" thread?

288 gto EVO
it was for group b

the f40 was born from this car

gr8 b8 m8

You have a lot of people creating aftermarket parts for the Toyota 1UZ though. I'll probably throw a lot of money in Australia's general direction in the next few months.

>Aftermarket parts
That's beyond the scope of car culture here. It's all about hooning and driving like a cunt in your riced civic

Too sad, I found some pretty nice parts. But I also read that the 1UZ is often used in boats, which wouldn't be part of your car culture.
But don't worry, what you have as riced Civics are riced Volkswagen around here in Germany.

>Riced volkswagens
I didn't realise that was a "thing"

I only say riced because krauted isn't a word so far. Too many of Mk1 and 2 Golfs look the same: lowered with cheap springs, crappy rims (in some cases at least nice BBS) and a fart can. Due to the laws regarding changes on your vehicle those are the most easy and therefore most done modifications. Serious modifications are rather seldom due to registration costs, most "enthusiasts" can only afford exhaust systems or just silencers with zero power gain.

You'll find the GTR also brought the Group A period to a holt in the JGTCC you stupid fucking retard. JGTCC then moved to full chassis fibreglass bodied race cars because it was a one horse race.
>Are the Japanese really so pathetic that they couldn't handle the fact that a Japanese car was dominating their racing scene, so they decided to ban it?
This is what you are literally saying.

This.
Although I still think the '91 Bathurst result was the right thing to do. Fucking unfortunate for poor Dick though who's got an incredibly unlucky record at the mountain. Jim Richards podium speech with a sheepish young Mark Skaife standing behind was priceless.

Kill yourself. Those were two cars that were too good for west to be allowed to compete.

what in the fuck

Yes. The short explanation is Aussies ban everything they don't like.

Tell the country in which they originated So do the Japanese it seems

>if you make friends