/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Loremaster edition

Elder Thread:>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/26/the-battlemasters-corner-returns
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/25/eso-morrowind--influential-factions-of-vvardenfell

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/147355877

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/345258/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-0-5-morrowind-update-14

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Recently Started Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Making sales and deals
you tube.com/watch?v=ffZfbi-wjto

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

Other urls found in this thread:

eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for remove beast races

Second for add a wolf race.

Third for remove bretons.

>bought base game back at launch
>its cheaper on gmg just to buy a new account all together with the gold edition+discount
hold me

can you play battlegrounds? last time i checked random dungeon finder was broken

Add-on updates when

Should I even bother stealing a bunch of gear just to deconstruct it? I find that wandering around to find mats to make gear to then level up my skills is laborious

Did they update Champion points at all?

NA Guild is running Halls of Fabrication today

Stole gear gives barely any xp.
Crafting gear gives very little xp.
No

But argonians are cute!

What if they had more feathers?

When I once promised to run people through Sotha Sil and film their various deaths, I didn't mean it like this.

>tfw Argonian with tree minder costume and a hide that has a harmonious colour in regards to the outfit

whats the edgiest class and role for vampire?

Nightblade dps

I actually exclusively play Argonians, but I really don't like Black Marsh stylings.

I tend to play my lizards as ex-slaves who grew up around Dunmer civilization and took their stylings as such.

That's cool too. I like black marsh and the whole shebang though. I think playing a templar Argonian with the tree minder outfit is really cool, it makes it seem like im playing as an actual shaman of the hist or something.

stam or mag?

whats the best way to get the dlc+morrowind

i have a bunch of gold. is there any good places to RMT it up for the dlc and stuff?

>mfw just walked by max height ultra thicc dinosaur chick

Seen some gift card codes sold at auctions for gold, not sure if that violates TOS or something though

Is my argonian a cute? A CUTE?

Mag

how do I make money?I need 20k to increase my bank space its driving me insane

This day is almost over but i managed to download the game.

idk I've been struggling with it too

>tfw had the game for a month and not even made 10k yet for the horsey

Is that her twin sister in the background?

It's better to own cute saltrice farmers than ugly ones.I wouldn't buy you

any edgy costumes I can unlock?

spooky skeleton

Found out that I got full bank of reagents.Can I somewhere check prices so that I dont get jewed?

Does the effectiveness of abilities scale with the ammount of magicka/stamina you have? For example, If I had an Argonian healer and used the restoration staff, but he was a stamina char, would it matter?

Yes. Hover over your magicka bar, it tells you that max maicka affects the power of magicka skills, including restoration.

ah, so I guess the restoration tree isn't the best for a stamina Argonian then. Time to remake my character.

magicka lizards make good healers

I'm gonna make a brand new character. Anyone in the EU server wanna be my partner? It's hard to level up as a healer. I was thinking of maining the restoration staff and supporting a DPS so that it'd make the leveling process viable.

I make lots of money just doing things like questing.

But realistically if you go full grind mode, you just run around and hit gathering nodes/chests/huge sacks and make plenty of gold

things happen like, 5x Kuta from a HS, or 1k value fence loot from a treasure trove, and so on.

Is that how people make gold? Just wandering around finding chests and sacks and nodes? I'm really fucking struggling to get gold, even from questing and selling my loot. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong.

argonians are literally best healers

>it's hard to level up as a healer

Just do dungeons. Any healer worth their salt can carry a group of bads through pretty much anything.

deconstructing all your loot for skill and upgrade mats is more value than just selling loot, usually

well, I'm a new player and I haven't gotten a hang of it myself, to be honest, so I wouldn't be the greatest healer. I was hoping to find someone else who was relatively new who wouldn't mind some goofs and gaffs as we learn the ropes.

ah, so I should deconstruct the loot I find and sell the materials to the merchants? I usually just sell the loot as is or deconstruct it and then use the mats to make a new item to level up the crafting skills. Thank you.

Healing in first person without a minimap to see players positions takes some getting used to. First dungeon I've done, dunno the name but it has a lightning boss where a wave spins around the room, felt hectic as fuck.

People are going to screech and say not to play in first person, but I play in first person pretty much all the time. I think the game's way more fun like that.

Okay let me post a thinkpiece here:

The meta doesn't matter, having the best in slot, 600cp and the perfect class/race combo isn't neccisary. It only matters if you're high scoring vet trials, otherwise I've easily passed several vet trials with DK heals before with hardly any hitches.

Too many people give "meta builds" too much attention instead of doing their own thing, best in slot/endgame builds should be in everyone's minds but it is very rarely ever a concrete requirement for most pve content.

Thoughts?

is this place where I can change my skills and stats?When I use Shrine of Mara it only says something about wedding

Play the game however you want as long as you're not doing serious content with tryhards

It's probably pretty bad form to go into a group of people who are taking things pretty seriously and gunning for min/maxed hyper-efficient builds while not following suit, but if you're playing with friends or a guild or solo or 90% of the content in the game, just do whatever you find fun as long as it works.

Okay but what's the point in min-max builds? I could see an arguement for dps but for healers and tanks is that NEEDED? Does it HELP in any meaningful way? Aside from highscores, I see no purpose other than being a flag higher up the mountain for you to climb up to and grab.

Wayrest

any sorc here? is it normal that liquid lightning takes ages to level up? i've had it since pretty early on and i'm now cp 40 while liquid lightning is still only lvl 2.

Some people just like playing that way, and by going into a group of people like that and insisting that you do your own thing, you're probably dragging their play experience down. Sure, they're shitty tryhards, but they're players too and you shouldn't rain on their parade.

Just find like-minded players to experience content with.

I never said I rained on their parade, in fact they're raining in mine. I've been doing activity finder for weeks and I've been getting nothing but Ruins of Mazzatune, a dungeon that half the time my group can't even finish just because someone wants that set that restores your magicka and stamina every 40 seconds for Battlefield, a meta build they probably can't even run efficiently. Don't assume I'm going out of my way to bitch and ruin people's fun, it's in fact a state of mind that ruin the fun of everyone else around them

in general, is a dungeon called "xxxx 2" much more difficult than "xxxx 1"?

>oh we are not yet done with your quest first you must go and..
>[Persuade] That sounds boring, I'd rather not
>o-oh ok

I, uh, wasn't assuming that. I was just stating my general philosophy as far as differing playstyles go.

But you seem pretty intent on making this a you vs. them sort of deal. I'd suggest you harken back to my earlier advice and focus on finding other players who enjoy the game the same way you do to play with.

Not much, but a bit.

I dunno about healers, but for tanks the meta builds are VERY helpful. I dunno what the meta has shifted to for them but the old meta (assuming it's changed) of spamming ult regen meant tanks could save a run that went to shit very handily if they're a DK tank (it's hard to fail a rez of the healer when you've got Magma Armor up and pop an immovable pot) and in normal situations helped DPS (since you can spam the fuck out of warhorn) and the other set typically used in it just straight up gave everyone in part a free 1K health, helping your DPS die a little less due to being idiots who stand in red circles and eat highly telegraphed wind ups.

The difference between a tank built to actually support his team and one who's just stacked a ton of health to get punched in the face is night and day, especially when you run into a fight where suddenly having someone taunting doesn't mean a lot, like engine guardian.

Make sure you have it out (that is, the bar with it slotted) when things die or you turn in a quest, that will contribute to it actually getting XP to level up. It's also both mid-level on the class tree and the morph of a skill, and both higher tier skills in a tree and skill morphs take longer to level, so something that is both will be slower.

That's not my argument at all, I'm not the one telling people how to play, but I think we should all collectively agree that it isn't neccisary for most pve content. Yiu can say Temps have the best heals and that Dk's have the best tanks, but these measures hardly matter, when what should instead matter is the player's preference instead of what the meta demands.
A lot of people in this thread have been suggesting the Warden is the worst class, but in my honest opinion, it doesn't matter by any real, tangible measure. Unless we're talking highscores. So please do not mistake my argument for an unrelated argument you're far more comfortable debating. I repeat, it doesn't matter what roles classes do best. The player's skill matters

But that's simply how a good tank is built, you can do that with any class, not just DK. I'm agreeing with you

Ideally, yes, but this is an MMO. People spend a lot of time in MMO's, and those same people will always take the time to mathematically figure out what has the best numbers. It's just a fact of life.

Let them do what they want to do, that's all I'm saying. You shouldn't try to dictate how other people enjoy the game, which is admittedly what you're doing when you say "We should all agree that x".

It literally just boils down to, "If you don't like playing with tryhards, don't play with tryhards". That's all there is to it.

Get some friends who hold the same lax outlook on the game as you do. I play the game pretty casually and don't bother playing with whatever is the meta and it suits me just fine. I just use what I enjoy and let the tryhards do their thing with other tryhards.

Yes, the II dungeons were meant to be played after completing all the I dungeons basically. There's usually bosses with a special "mechanic", something you have to do besides just damaging them. You can figure them out yourself by paying attention but it usually helps to have at least one person that knows the trick with you.

The quests/stories also take place a while after the first quest, if that sort of thing bothers you don't do them immediately after the I dungeon.

I wish more games did this.

>The quests/stories also take place a while after the first quest, if that sort of thing bothers you don't do them immediately after the I dungeon.

it'd bother me if I had the time to listen to them, but as it is it's just mashing E and sprinting after the group.

Oh, I know. I hadn't seen the rest of the post chain but wanted to comment. There is a portion of the meta that I feel should be adhered to - people either think too simplistically (I'm a tank! All I need is HP! or I'm a healer! I just sit here until someone is hurt!) or go way down into the rabbit hole of "play how you want" and you end up with a """healer"""" wearing medium and holding a 2H trying to use Breath of Life or something to heal despite it giving a pitiful return from his 10K-ish magicka pool, which is also exhausted after two casts.

The meta isn't some scripture that needs to be adhered to word for word - not every healer needs to be a magplar, nor each tank a DK or each DPS a sorc, but the spirit of the builds they run are very, very helpful to adhere to. I should know as the group of friends I run with for dungeons includes a Sorc healer, but he very much understood what it is a healer should do and was even using necrotic orbs before they turned into a non-templar variant of spear shards.

People who follow the meta like it's holy law are morons, but they're not exactly any worse than people who scream "I play what I want!" when you question them being a sword/board DPS.

How do you efficiently farm raw materials? I was looking at the google docs guide to make money.

NA PC TRIAL Halls of Fabrication RUN TODAY

RECRUITING WILL START IN 3 HOURS 45 MINUTES FROM THIS POST

NEED 2 TANKS AND 2 HEALERS + DEEP DEEPS

I agree.

I probably shouldn't, though it was more the fact I could see someone injured on the health UI but didn't know if they were the dps miles away to my right, or the dps miles away to my left. Guess I should zoom out more.

This would be cool if that extinct bird race was actually assimilated into the Argonian race by some Hist fuckery.

This is bullshit. PC EU haven't done a single trial afaik, we have to skip the normal ones and jump straight into vet trails if we're to beat PC NA.

Why? No one will know his secret. I once tanked vICP in first person

Nice

Akaviri race when?

It says NA PC right there, yuropoor. Literally the first two words.

Are you retarded or something?

I probably worded it strangely. It's bullshit PC EU haven't bothered with a trial yet.

I updated the guide. Try Upper Craglorn, you get Nirncrux from resource nodes there as well.

But-But I'm already healing!

Just explore a zone and figure out what spawns where and make a route and circle around grabbing things. I have my own route in Craglorn and when I need a lot of cash quick I just turbo my autism up and grind for an hour or so gathering mats.

This guy knows whatsup. MMO's run on numbers, if you want to do end game content you'll have to accept there are some fundamentals in ESO and you'll have to build your character/s on them. That said, any class can perform any role as long as they don't just mix bunch of shit that don't make sense together and call it "play the way you want : )". As far as MMO's go ESO character building can be very versatile desu.

t. guy who makes his own builds around the core ideas of latest meta

Literally nothing. She tells the smugglers that he can't make it and keeps him as her slave.

it's unusual for 12 people to be simultaneously online, how do you get a trial group going like that

I agree with you user, there is definitely a balance that should be reached, at least with ESO. If I played eso like I played a healer in any mmo, I would have stood in a corner and pressed breath of life every 2 seconds like a dummy. There's more to roles in eso than just dps/tank/heals by themselves, but supporting eachother instead of just puring. It takes a better understanding of the videogame to know a healer can dps on their backbar while waiting to heal, it's more like prevenative healing than anything else. And that role can really be achieved in with any class, could a certain class with a certain build perform better during a certain patch? Of course, but what's important to understand is that ZOS de-emphasizes this by making simply PASSING vet trials than putting an actual, ingame benefit to being a completionist/highscoring other than bragging rights. Having something like a completionist cape like in Runescape or chance for better drops like in WOW really does bring the worst out in the people, and I can't blame them.

I understand that but my point is that you don't need to be strictly a templar healer for vet trials to beat it. I'm in no way advocating you put your head in the sand and ignore the simple truths of the game, just accept that the meta changes and you can use warden/dk heals in vet trials and still beat it.

It's my sub, don't tell me how to play. =^)

Did nords drink their brains out or why are they unable to speak normally

Hanging around mer all day makes them drink more than usual to drown out the usual jewmer schemes

Proud race.

>forgotten wastes public dungeon quest
>Do the quest
>The woman went insane due to seeing a statue, becoming a cultist of house dagoth
In the entire dungeon, this statue isn't seen. Why does this bother me so much?

Why wont they updatr skill calculators?I want to theorycraft my warden

The statue is insider her. ;)

eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer/
Is there something wrong with this one?

>Don't notice the hundreds of ash statues you walk past during the dungeon
>Calls someone else insane

Started the game and took Nord/Nightblade.
Any advices? I really dont know what i should go for.

So Nords really are the equivalent of Niggers