/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Last thread : >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVktSV3PMgY
store.steampowered.com/app/341390/Vulture_for_NetHack/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm only on a toaster for now. By the time I'll get used to C:DDA, I'll be back to my doomsday machine and able to move on to Dwarf Fortress.

Sugar a shit.

3rd for we should get together and play some Awesomenauts.

what indie games have little girls I can sexualize?

you know my girl, she lashes out at me sometimes

Sugar's a cute

Eeeehhhh

Also, what's the deal with the Steam group?

In Homework Salesman, what's the point of raising your relationship level with the various villagers? I keep giving them shit, and only got most of them two stars worth of friendship. Does it affect the ending, do I get discounts, what do I get?

Lisa.

I have no fucking idea. I ignore it.
>eh
I don't blame ya. I'm just saying since the barrier to entry is literally only your download speed.

I, once again, have started TitS and nothing's really grabbing me yet. The characters aren't interesting and the setting is bland-looking. My motivation is what I hear the game becomes later on, so I'll chip away at it.

Gemini Rue got an engine switch update. Would that be worth adding?

I tought you meant trials in tainted space for a second.

It use to have a handful of people in it.
Apparently creator deleted it and someone else remade it.
Nothing really happened in the group anyway.

I usually add things that add new content. or things with a fancy promo poster
So not sure I would add it if its just an engine switch.

You should add the underrail expansion to upcoming releases, so we can complain to you when styg misses the 2017 release date!

Look, it's got fancy promo poster too! With jetskis and spears and everything nobody believed would make it into the expansion.

Sure, next thread.

>finally marry Haley in Stardew Valley
>realise i wasted an entire Sunday on this mediocre videogame

Literal tutorial mission. I know it has a slow start.

Anyone have this with the red eyes showing?

Also happy sunday indie-gaming friendos, thinking of pulling up yume 2kki a bit later since it was updated recently

What did it update? Is there a changelog?

what the fug, I have been playing this game and it's only filled with grindan and old men

D R O P P E D

There was a bugfig + music added update just last week, but going off the japanese wiki, the last update to add a new area was Ver.0.105d February 23, 2017.

It's been more probably two years since I last booted it up though so still looking forward to it.

She's so cute.

2cute

If I add a "space invaders" room at the end of a level, would that be a welcome homage and gameplay treat or would it take people out of their comfort zone?

Make it a hidden easter egg?

Keep it as optional bonus game.

>the last update to add a new area was Ver.0.105d February 23, 2017.
wait the game still gets updated?

Looks pretty bad.
Give that long aimed stream a few gaps to dodge through and remove weapon kickback when in this mode.

why is this an swf instead of a gif

For the sound.

it didn't play any sound for me

oh that's because i had flashed muted on firefox, and I don't think chrome runs swfs anymore

>tried Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead
>got nibbled to death by a zombie
Y'know, I really wish DarkSydephil tried that game. It would make me feel better about being shit at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVktSV3PMgY

FREEDOM PLANET 2 WHEN
FUCK

>yet another artist pussied out of drawing stone surface

I don't know what I expected, but I'm still disappointed. I know, stone is ridiculously hard to draw well, but that's why they are artists and we are not.

>Day 75: A few weeks ago we stumbled into a little girl on our scavenging run who was searching Medicine for her seriously ill father. We helped her out, secretly hoping his father didn't turn in the meantime. To our biggest surprise, they showed up at our gate today and wanted to join us.

Not soon enough.

looks neat

>Day 75: P.S. I'm not sure if Lilly's hair colour is same as it was when we met her. It certainly looked like that at the gate, but as if it changed since we let them in. Maybe that's not even Lilly?

I've already nerfed the blue stream of bullets. Good suggestion on the kickback.

So you're saying it'd be bad as part of the normal game?

>Day 76: It's official, Lilly went Super Saiyan. She even changed her eye colour to blue! Quite a feature for an Afro-American girl! Too bad we're leaving in a day or so. Happy b-day, SSJ Lilly!

But there is plenty of drawn stone surface right there? I don't understand. Is it bad somehow? Looks good to me.

>So you're saying it'd be bad as part of the normal game?
You brought on the concern of taking players out of their comfort zone, so we suggested ways avoid that. But you know your game and target audience best.

I really don't though. I know what I like, and I like it in, but if it's going to turn people off to the game (ie. parts of a game that make you not want to come back to it) then I don't want it to get in the way of fun.

>Is it bad somehow?

Nope, using photos for concept art is common practice. Way too common, but necessary. It's just disappointing when an artist takes the easy way out with a difficult subject, because there is nothing we can learn from it.

How's "Vulture for Nethack"? Is it up to date? Bugged?

>Eden run that started with Polyphemus
>Quickly gets out of hand with sack/pill abuse, Dr Fetus/Sad Bombs, flight and a string of health increases
>Each bomb fired explodes into tears and another smaller bomb for some unknown reason, that ALSO explodes into tears
>Blue Baby tries to stop this bulldozer of a run by not spawning The Void
>Circumvent using a Dad's Key that dropped two rooms away from Megastan
>Pretty sure I knock 20% of Delirium's bar off at the end of the fight
>Finish with 6 heart containers, 6 soul hearts + Guppy's Paw
That was a fun way to unlock Eden's Soul.

After a certain point, how far you get in the game just relies entirely on where you want to go and what items you get on the first couple of floors.

It is good but but not updated by now. Dev abondended the visual fork.

I liked cynical George better.

But isn't Vulture to sell?

Getting to the Void, the floor itself, and Delirium still piss me off.

What?
It was ever only a mod to change the visuals but the dev stopped keeping up with the normal game.

store.steampowered.com/app/341390/Vulture_for_NetHack/

So it's outdated?

Yeah, had at least one run just before that got to Delirium but wasn't able to do much to him.
He suffers from the usual problem of 'extra feel', where he plays really fucking differently to the rest of the game. If I hadn't had sticky or sad bombs for example, then Dr Fetus would be one of the worst things possible to go against him with.

The game is just badly thought through mostly. I've had fun with the game for what it's worth, but I wouldn't play it all again if I lost my save.

Is Silver still the best girl in the original?

This isn't the original actually.

Turns out George has one of six personalities every time you start a new game, with each one coinciding with a side of her die head. This is the personality of the six side.

oh really? I got 6 and I thought that was just the actual thing

Hey guys so I need an opinion on something

I've been wanting to change up Sebastian/Serena's undershirt that I gave her, but I wonder if she would look better as she is now (the black sleeveless shirt) or the new grey one I gave her (on the left)

I like the one on the right

Here's the other version I've made

That actually works better then because it's my original one that I did.

Here she is sleeveless. I was worried that her sleeveless would look weird

>sam blackhole
>it's max
You crack me up little buddy

That's pretty neat.

I actually knew about the personality thing for a bit, but I wasn't paying attention and assumed she was kind of like Hexadecimal in that her face and personality just shifted on the spot. It was only when I truly reset the game that I realized that her lines were completely different from the first time I met her.

So are there actually 6 differen personalities for her?

Yes. The very first time I played the game she sounded like panicked wreck and at one point blurted out an all-caps statement about how everyone was going to die. Looking it up, that was probably the two side personality.

In my most recent playthrough, she constantly sounded like this.
Her personality completely changed between playthroughs. Now that I think about it, her personality in the Solstice chapter wasn't the panicked wreck either, though I took that for granted at the time because all of the lines from everyone were new in the first place.

yea i had her as too

Lads do you think OneShot will be on sale this summer, I need to revisit the cute cat since playing the free version years ago but I am also a poorfag

Maybe? Is the game way more expensive where you live or something?

Speaking of OneShot, should I just play new version or play never-close-the-window old one first?

I'm aware of the gimmick of the game, but judging by the thread there are more differences

No I'm just that poor

Pretty much the only thing you'd get from playing the old version first is spoilers
Don't bother with it

The remake SIGNIFICANTLY expands the game. I'll give you an example with as few spoilers as possible.

In one of the areas of the original, all you really had to do was go to one person on one side of the area, go to the other side of the area to a different person, and then go back to the first person. There are only three NPCs in the entire area.

In the remake, the number of steps I'd have to give you to clear the same area would probably take 10 or so lines.

I've never heard of Oneshot until now.

Is it a good game worth buying? What sort of game is it like?

It's a puzzle sort-of-walking-sim in the style of an RPG Maker type game. Only played the free one but it did some really neat stuff. Worth a play.

Think of it like a point-and-click adventure, but made in RPG maker.

both delirium and le magic blue tumor make me grind my teeth
which is a shocker because i've put up with a LOT of this game's bullshit

It has a cute cat but people can't decide if it's a he or a she

>tfw Vinny utterly steamrolled Delirium both times he reached it

Fucking how?

Not a cat

>You'll never pet niko

>Hush
This was definitely a big breaking-point for me. Damage Reduction defeats one of the game's most fundamental ideas of "Your stupid powerful runs can just steamroll everything and you can have a really fun like 20 minutes max run to compensate for that Train Wreck the other day

niko is not for woomy

Doesn't help it's speed-based on top of that
I really hate 'speedrun' style mechanics in.... whatever is the acceptable way to call shit like Isaac in this thread

Rogue-lite?

the accepted term is "rogue lite" isn't it? so the autists at /rlg/ don't get too upset

rouge-like

I can't really disagree with them, honestly. Rogue-like is a self-explaining term, and if it isn't a grid with turn-based combat, then it isn't really like Rogue.

Rogue-lite just makes perfect sense to me.

Hush's speed requirement isn't too bad unless your run is shit, which gets increasingly easy to do the more expansions you have. So yeah, fuck Hush, Delirium, and damn near everything that's been added since AB.

>And Stillburn's Antibirth update is basically aborted by this point

So are there any easy quests to do in AoD or do you really have no choice but to go fight iron enemies with bullshit stats once you do the opening assassination event and talk to feng? Even with combat-focused builds I can barely scratch people, which is pretty bad considering fights are generally 5 vs 1.

Why the fuck is there nothing up here? I feel cheated. At least block it off if there's not going to be anything up here.

No invisible/destroyable walls? Not even an invisble platform you can drop through? (assuming those kinds of platforms exist in that game, i haven't played it yet)