Texas Gas "Crisis"

At least people are having a sens of humor about it

Other urls found in this thread:

usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2017-04-28/california-gas-prices-to-rise-under-bill-signed-by-governor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you seen gas prices lately? This isn't funny.

katrina 2.0 actually. wall street speculators had a field day driving up prices of oil. home builders charging more for houses because muh materials are more spensive due to katrina and oil. good thing my car gets 40mpg

Well I'm here in Austin with my gas light on not giving a fuck. This is stupid and will blow over very soon, not gonna play this game.

it took 2 years of people not giving a fuck after katrina until the economy collapsed

>I know what I got.
epin post, OP

free market, fuck you pay me. nothing matters not the country not society not their families only money to the morally corrupt individual

>be American
>drive malaise era shitbarges and lifted brotrucks that get single digit mpg and produce more greenhouse gases than a fucking volcano for decades
>weather fucks up and rekts them as payback
>gas goes up, "boo hoo hoo, now I have to pay 80 dollars to fill up instead of 75", but is still exponentially cheaper than what the rest of the world pays
>"a-at least I'm not a eurocuck who drives a sub 2L cuckbox!"
>mfw

Maybe, JUST maybe, driving massive gas guzzling vehicles isn't a good idea, and nature is trying to teach you your lesson.

Ur retarded, I'm talking about staying home and not seeking out 1 of 12 gas stations that has gas, or not waiting in line for an hour. Nola has much bigger problems than hurricanes, dude.

I'm pretty sure the guy posted the ad as a joke. Gas prices aren't even that bad. People are just being dumb and panic buying.

>feels good man
45 mpg and cheap diesel

gas prices didnt even rise this fucking quick after katrina

Homie, I'm gonna live and die long before the planet does. So I could care less if people like you hate big trucks. We have plenty of time for the world to evolve to a different (and mainstream) source of energy.

For now, I like loud, piston-driven engines and manual gearboxes.

Right, and I'm talking about the dindus. They're like, one step behind Atlanta.

and our idiot in chief actually wants a weaker dollar so get ready for the inflation ride

If you honestly believe that the Hurricane in Texas was caused by shitbarges or brotrucks, then your parents should beat you to death because your to fucking stupid to live...
I fucking hate liberals...

what? who the fuck cares about atlanta, its growth is grinding to a halt the only places growing is sandy springs roswell and alpharetta georgias economy is fucked and people arent flocking to atlanta now that everyone knows it was mostly poor people flocking there

Ya, but I was responding to your point that people not giving a fuck caused some kind of economic collapse. It wasn't just people not giving a fuck, it was people incapable of not giving a fuck. Dindus.

Austin doesn't have that problem, nor were we really hit at all by the storm. We just have a bunch of idiots who are flocking to the gas station en mass.

yea fuck you motherfuckers

my gas went from 2.40 a gallon to 2.50 fucking goddamn jews out here taking my 10 cents a gallon

wall street drove up prices of commodities, home builders chose to rape home buyers those are two primary reasons our economy collapsed. because food is more expensive from higher gas prices, houses are more expensive when new houses are

wew lad

took the bait lol

>Homie, I'm gonna live and die long before the planet does.

Provided, of course, your state hasn't been struck by nature's wrath.

>their gas is still cheaper than in california

Pussy ass austin niggas

>drive out this morning
>10 am on a saturday
>parking lots and streets absolutely fucking flooded (no pun intended) with fuckhuge trucks and suvs like nothing happened
>people just casually filling up at the pumps

And this is an area that had whole roads flooded. Gas crisis my ass.

>tfw 50 cent gas tax by November

if you knew pollution figures you would know that diesel ships and manufacturing cause more pollution and greenhouse gases than cars

>faggoten
Assmad kraut

Animal agriculture causes more than both combined.

Where? Please not here, not again

Friendly reminder that libcucks unironically want everyone to eat bugs because of this.

Curious. What are the gas prices. I live in NY. I pay $2.40 and people always say that's expensive.

Looks like Cali pays 28 cents/gal tax now, goes up to 40 cents in November. Then goes up to 48 cents in July 2019. Then in 2020 it also becomes corrected for inflation.

I live in east Texas and it's gone up to 2.36. Nothing we haven't experienced before. I don't really see why people are freaking out so bad.

>I don't really see why people are freaking out so bad.
Because the News is selling doomsday. Just like how everybody goes and buys all the eggs and bread before a storm

usnews.com/news/best-states/california/articles/2017-04-28/california-gas-prices-to-rise-under-bill-signed-by-governor

holy shit am I being forced into buying a fucking prius as my next DD if I dont want my wallet to be gouged out?

Gas went from 1.90 to 2.59 wtf I hate Texas now

that's their plan

0/10 made me reply.

T. Canadian

>2,59$/gal
>1 gal = 3,8L
>0,68$/L
>0,58€/L

In germany you litteraly pay double the price if you get the fuel cheap.

You guys are paying for the transport, my state has a pipeline from the refinery in texas to us

>tfw 87 is $3.00 now and nobody has 93 or even 89
At least I filled my tank from empty a couple days ago. My coworker wasn't so lucky though, his IS300 wants 93 and his tank is empty, this whole shitfest blindsided him since he normally fills up at empty but didn't realize it was low until the pumps were dry.

I just pad $4.50 a gallon in australia.

> Be a eurocuck shitbox driver
> Area floods
> Can't drive car without being a foot underwater
lmao

they have refineries deep inland in germany karlsruhe is one that comes to mind and thats nearly all the way to the fucking alps germans being the engineering roman blooded fucks they are turned most of their rivers into shipping channels

>transport
Since the refinery is only a few km from my gas station, that is most likely only a minor factor.

You could save your money, get a better job and buy a BMW i8 or that new NSX made in Ohio.

Well in that case Germany does have a history of fucking its own people, cant say im suprised

>be califag
>have special snowflake ethanol in our gas
>gas prices don't change when texas shits the bed
this is the second time I've been happy we have this shit gas

i like the prices not changing but it is still stupid expensive normally.

Have fun with fucked up fuel systems

We still have 10% ethanol in our gas in Austin

>live in PA
>gas prices staying the same

Feels fucking good.

ethanol is a fucking scam. it cant be transported via pipelines so it has to be transported by trucks or trains. it makes food prices soar because the corn states want free monies from the federal govt

ethanol is more harmful to the environment than its proponents claim that its beneficial for it

>live in hell
>gas prices increases even though there is no water

>it makes food prices soar because the corn states want free monies from the federal govt
you liar
govt pays farmers to NOT produce corn because it's so easy to grow and they dont want the market flooded

>cant be transported via pipelines
Source?
Last time I checked pumping ethanol in a pipe was possible.

they get paid to overproduce corn the govt buys whatever shit they couldnt sell at a loss

you cant transport pure ethanol via pipelines and it has to be added at the refineries because ethanol deterioates

You keep saying that, but that doesn´t proof anything.

>implying the price would change because of a few weeks of a weather-related production hiccup
>implying oil companies and market speculators won't use harvey as an excuse to raise prices after years of a sub-$3/gal market

what are the LPG prices like in wherever the fuck it flooded?

there isnt a bigger welfare queen in the world than the modern US farmer

>gotta get up bright an early to sit in my a/c, satellite tv, combine for 9 hours
woopty fuckin doo

>wall street speculators had a field day driving up prices of oil
>driving up prices of oil
Oil dropped $2 last week.
Holy fuck, do you know anything about commodities?

>he doesnt know that farming is stressful as fuck and it has the highest suicide rate of any profession.

even higher than air traffic controller?

yep, go spend 40k on a prius to save 500 at the pump.

yes

damn, that's would be impressive if it wasn't sad.

I just filled up paying €1,67\L ($7,50/gal), suck it up.

oh shit are you nys, if so rip to think i would meet another one of you here.

Bullshit, Germany lost all their fucking oil when Rommel retreated from North Africa.

but you get to fuck the animals, huge plus.

>California libcucks deluding themselves this hard that they actually enjoy their shit lives

>america
>1st world
pick fucking one

Refinery =I= oil

San Antonio user reporting in, it's not really that bad, the only reason people are freaking out about it is because everyone else is freaking out about it, shit will be back to normal in a day or so.

this this FUCKING this LOL!

your gas is the same as it is everywhere else in the US

the only difference is your sky high gas tax rate and the requirement to sell gas with ethanol in it

>mad eurocucks cant hide it anymore
teehee *eats big mac*

>boohoo diesel is $2.50 my life is basically over
t. chadbarge driving, texan hyperfaggot

So what do you propose, we simply stop all shipping and manufacturing instead of toning down on (often unnecessary) driving?

I propose that you kill yourself

It isn't.
It has shit like detergent added to it, in order to reduce emissions and raise the quality of the already fucked up air out here.
This all means we pay more year-round (there's a summer blend and a winter blend, I forget which one costs more). It is also true we get reamed on gas taxes, but that's true of most things in Cali.

>when the gas prices keep going up.

considering what it takes to get it out of the ground and refined, gas is cheap

stop being babies

This. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

the true price of oil isn't reflected at the pump.

it is heavily subsidized in a lot of nations. Western military spending since the Gulf War has been to keep the oil flowing.

Exact same thing happened here. Went from 2.39 to 2.49 I'm pissed desu.

Buy a baiku.

>implying Americans use LPG
O am I laffin

>eurocuck has no idea how low gas prices are in the US and makes up $75 as a baseline low price

LMFAO that's cheap for you cucks?

You piqued my curiosity. Gas is over $5/gallon in Germany.

I have a 14 gallon tank here in the US and it costs me no more than $35 to fill up when I'm at completely empty. Most of the time at or around $30. Gas is just barely over $2/gallon near me.

It makes me sad thinking about how 10 cents is the end of the world, booohooo the us sucks i've to pay 30$ instead of 25$ fuck the government, when 10 years ago gasoline was around 2€/liter in italy.

i have a 55 litre (12 gallon) tank and from empty it would cost me $77 at my nearest station, but i always keep it filled above the 1/4 line, so more like $65

it's still cheap imo, as says. it doesn't exactly grow on trees.

if i were unemployed or a part-time wage slave busriding shitter everything would be expensive.

>Live in PA
>93 goes from $2.5X to $3.3X
>Insist on putting 93 in my Miata
I mean I'm not going broke over it but it sucks

God bless New Jersey, best state in America.