BMW Z3

whats the deal with this car? i'm starting to see them cheaper than miata's nowadays. why cuz? is it a bad car?

Everyone's collectively starting to realize they're shitty money pits to repair and would rather find a way out by selling it to some retard who thinks he'll be all flashy and rich. New BMWs just basically turn themselves off every 10,000 miles with software now, beating the normal unreliability to the punch

The M and Shoe versions are excellent (as well as expensive and sought after) Other versions are like having a miata that's less reliable and heavier making them depreciate rapidly.

It's a Miata except it's heavier and harder to work on and has less cabin space. If you were a complete wanker and the prestige of having a BMW badge on your car was worth that much to you I can see how it's a good deal. But if you have a shred of dignity I dont really see the point.

I keep reading that the rear suspension needs reinforcements welded in or else it'll tear the control arms out of the body.

Because it's a Bowel Movement Wastebasket

It's significantly more powerful than a miata though. The only real drawback is that the parts are more expensive than a miata but if somebody loves the car that won't stop them.

Have helped work on my friends really well packaged z3
>Weak subfram
>lose rattling plastic
>Hard to work on compared to the miata
>costs more to own
>really great deep foot wells but small trunk and shit storage space
>waring out shift pins
>VANOS leaks
You are correct, they're much faster than a miata and they handle very well, but they're a money pit at higher mileage and your probably better off with an m3 or an NC for close to same money.

>loose rattling plastic
The miatas do that too

Fair point, in my experience the z3s was bad enough to mention compared to the miata, but I should have said that.

Yeah I've heard of all those issues, it really depends on the mileage and how well kept it was. At say 60-70k I think it could be fine but beyond that I think a miata would be much more manageable.

About the footwells, all bmw's are like this because germans are big people. No trunk or storage because bmw used to actually care about weight.
Also
>vanos
Shivers down my spine

I completely agree with you, a well kept low mileage would be a good buy at the right price, my buddies is 120,000 plus at this point

>no
>no
>yes
>yes, its a fucking bmw
>the trunk is smaller than all the miatas though, even the newest one
>not really a big issue
>vanos leaks????????? you mean the rattilng?

Kind of, only the ones with big engines that have been abused are known to pop rear spotwelds.

This

they're not really bad cars. They only have 2 main issues, the rear subframe spotwelds on 2.8/3.0/3.2 cars that have been abused, and the cooling system that applies to all M52/M54/M44 bmw engines.

The cars aren't really that well equipped so there's not really much to go wrong.

t. i used to fucking daily one
i really miss it, but i dont want anything that's not S54 powered.

i meant the trunk is bigger, oops.

here's a guide on Z3 asses, op

>lets take the e46
>lets completely rethink it and make it impossible to retrofit anything from other models to it
>lets make it look like a shoe
>lets also make it harder to work on and less reliable than any other e46
>lets make a 4-cyl version

>miss it
What happened to it?

sold it and bought a 986 boxster s
>and its nowhere near as pretty as the Z3
>or comfortable to sit in, driving position was better in the Z3
>or mod friendly

only pros of the boxster is that it's a little bit faster, the way it handles and the two trunks.

it gets a lot of attention but not the "look at that cute little blue car!" attention i like, it's more like "look at that asshole in his porsche"

i mostly sold the Z3 because i felt it was fucking slow, and couldnt find an M roady

So what you care about more than anything of either brand or car is which one gives you more attention.

Not really, i just don't like the negative attention the car gets

I'd rather not be noticed at all.

Fuck right off nigger it does too have a weak subfram

suck my uncircumcised cock amerishart

Yaz?

They are horrible cars. I have a miata and my friend has a 99? Z3, problems... Vanos that go bad, constant fear of rear subframe welds coming apart. Interior is shit, and honestly is just an ugly looking car.
Yeah, ok is way faster than my Miata, but honestly... That's about what it has going for it.

If it's not the m or the clown shoe, they are horrible. I mean an older na Miata is more expensive for a reason...

henlo

whodis

And we wonder why we have the "bmw is for douchebags" stereotype. Defending it after you sold it for the wrong reasons, also bought it for the wrong ones. Old porsche and bmw market is literally losers trying way too hard to pretend to be rich and flashy. This thread sucks. z3 sucks. boxster sucks. Buy cars that make you happy, stop trying to impress people, they aren't looking.

manual 6 cylinder models are pretty nice, its definitely heavier than a miata but good nonetheless, comfier too

the 4 cylinder is VERY VERY bad

i wasnt trying to impress anyone, way to project

of all the reasons i stated you obviously took the only one you wanted to see, which wasn't even there.

kys busrider

i bought the boxster because i wanted a faster, better handling car. Ended up not liking it. that's it. Not because of the attention it was bound to get. I want another Z3 because IT made me happy.

Seems like you're the douchebag here honestly, the guy barely mentions attention and you jump to conclusions framing him as a badgewhore

You know sometimes people buy german cars because they're fun right?

The E36 compact is the exact same car with 5 seats, a hatch and a roof for like half the price or less.

Why would anyone bother with a z3 if it's not the m version

*e36

the z4 was based off the e46

>Yeah, ok is way faster than my Miata
that's all what you should've said in your post

its pretty sad when all you can say about your car is "at least its faster than a miata"

Looks like one of those japanese demon masks