What happened to fun japanese sports cars bros?

what happened to fun japanese sports cars bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing, buy a Miata.

is that all they can offer?

Japan suffered 2 back to back recessions

soccer mom safety squads
government safety squads
insurance shekel squads
opec oil price squads
pennyless millennials that don't drive and hate cars because they're like totally bad for the environment and stuff squads
the French... squads

The Supra is coming back. Eventually.
Miata is still the Miata.
Toyota 86 is still the same too.
Nissan still has the GT-R.
Has anyone stopped offering a sports car aside from Honda?

>Supra coming back and is probably going to deliver
>Miata and GT-86
>RX-9 rumored to be in the works for real
>GT-R close to redesign

The fuck more do you want? A Toyota Le Mans win? Not happening.

What are you on about? Honda just came out with the civic R

Die

And the NSX. Not to mention they're working on a S2K successor (not that that means much considering they were working on the NSX for a fucking decade).

What are:
>GTR
>STi
>BRZ/86
>Miata
>Evo (only just recently discontinued. Fuck Mitsubishi)
>Civic Type R
>Lexus RC (or any F sport for that matter)
>Infinity Q50 (iirc, can't really remember the g35 successors name)
>370Z
>Civic Si
>Etc.

Sure we're missing things like a RX 8 successor and a MR2 and what not. There isn't as much choice, but it's still there. And for pretty much any price range

That civic is a fucking hideous abomination, and its seriously lacking as a sports car. Slower than a Focus RS. No launch control. Literally just a tweaked Civic Si with the most stereotypical ricer body shit possible.

>Slower than a Focus RS.

nope

>Slower than the car Ford is too scared to test on nuburgerking

Don't think so. It's the fastest front wheel drive car for a reason. And all that"rice" is actually active aero. It's all there for a purpose you mongoloid. Why in the fuck would they purposely add weight and fuck with aero Dynamics for the sake of rice?

Veeky Forums is actually retarded. Holy shit

>GTR
Boring car
>STi
Fuck boy car that hasn't changed in years
>BRZ/86
Lol no power, so close to being good through
>Miata
9k, Not bad
>Evo
Pig fat without any improvements
>Civic Type R
Dude wot?
>Lexus RC
Boring and soulless, reliable though
>Infinity Q50
Never driven one
>370Z
Too expensive
Easily beaten by a v6 Camaro.
>Civic Si
Eco box not a performance car

>destroys Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos and Paganis around the bugerkingring
It's a sports car, plain and simple

>>destroys Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos and Paganis around the bugerkingring
where and when

>No launch control
THIS IS LEGITIMATELY USED AS A NEGATIVE IN 2017 FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

Do you even like cars?

nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

>>BRZ/86
>Lol no power, so close to being good through

You've definitely not driven one, or your from Kansas or something. Go find a Dodge Challenger thread.

>S2K successor

I want to see this and a MkIV MR2, or at least an 86 convertible. My MR2 is getting old and the only thing I can even consider to replace it now is a Miata. I want options.

Your only option is high speed rail. Get with the program.

>people still trying to convince themselves that the TYPU ARRU civic isn't a sports car jut because it blows people out of the water without even needing to be AWD or RWD

>it's literally one of the best car platforms to get into if you want speed while being halfway reliable and affordable and still corners like a motherfucker even on mcstruts

Holy fuck I remember when civics were underpowered econoboxes from the gas crisis and they still looked nicer than that.

>buying a focus instead of a civic

This This This!

all cost a fortune

All cheaper than their 90s equivalents.

Bought an ND Miata

Its the only car that truly feels close to what 90's jap cars where all about.

My personal ratings on ND

Styling 9/10

Handling 10/10(godlike)

Weight 10/10 (2300 lbs!!!)

Balance 10/10 or 50/50 lol

Braking 9/10(surprised how good it was)
Everyone says the brembo brakes are overkill if you get them so their probably 11/10

Power 7/10

does 0-60 5.9. Its pretty good imo for what it is and price range. Theirs some boosting options out their already if you need them

>>Evo (only just recently discontinued. Fuck Mitsubishi)

Nissan just bought mitsubishi have a feeling this wont be the last time we hear aboute EVO'S

They went upmarket, and when they release something not-upmarket that stays true to the Jap cars of old, people on Veeky Forums shit on them all day long for being underpowered.

Why bother when autism has ruled the modern world?

Rx9 confirmed ded months ago

Does it feel like a shoe you put on for the first time and it just fits right out of the box?

That's what I want.

Not true,

Still alot of rumours that its in the works. Probably wont be out till 2020

Yes, always have alot of fun driving it. Took it to the mountains a few weeks back and it performed very well.

Only thing you can knock it for is the top end power on it. But I dont ever really get to top end anyways. Live in a crowded city. The car has good torque, lightweight you wont have issues with the low and mid range power. If you really want more power theirs some options out their for it already.
Only mod I have done so far is just getting a goodwin racing exhaust(awesome btw)

Also forgot to mention I never liked miatas before I drove the ND. I was won over by it when I did a test drive

Dammit, now you just gave me extra blueballs for miats. I landed in a BRZ for various reasons and as much as I love driving it, it's missing "that feeling."

Sorry, but these cars are fucking gutless turds. i dont care that you spent your entire lifes savings just to own one and cant stomach the fact that you bought a cuckboy car, They are shit. And you can talk track all day long if you want, but you dont track it. and if you did you'd still get stomped by miatas anyway. You wanna talk comparisons to american cars? Sure go ahead, but you'll get raped 6 ways till sunday in that convo to. Even the 4 pot mustangs rape this thing silly on the track.

Im a japanese car lover till the cows come home, but they have NOTHING that is sub 40k that doesn't get destroyed by an american counter part anymore. The BRZ is stupid, the miata is in a class by itself, the EVO is dead, the STi is for faggots and gets stomped by the RS, the S2k is no more (this car needs to fucking come back!), the 370z is not worth the cost and gets raped by both the V6's and V8s offered by ford and chevy. All thats left is what? the GT-R?

Japan must get their heads out of their asses and do something, i mean fuck, KIA of all companies is more daring nowadays... FUCKING KIA.

>S2k is no more (this car needs to fucking come back!)
Its coming my man, mark my words its coming. supposedly going to get made in the same factory as the new NSX. should see something in a 2018 autoshow.

those cars are built for driving on mountains not highways retard.

They still exist, it's just now you have to have money to afford them.

>built in America

Already ruined like the NSX before it's even out.

more rwd shitboxes

seconded that feeling. I knew I wanted it right after the test drive. Only bad part is it's probably gonna get me a lotta tickets. Flew by a speed trap at 20 mph over, good thing the cop decided to let me go, but made my heart jump for sure.

ruined for people on Veeky Forums maybe. non-autist will enjoy a affordable sports car very much.

fug what model?

There were a few used once in my locality and price range, but mostly high mileage and I'd have to learn up what to watch out for on mechanical issues.

ND club (soft top, would rather full convertible than fastback look). I got mine used at 17k mi and the dude already upgraded the suspension (some people complain about the stock body roll). One thing to look out for is if it was manufactured before Sept 2016, it might have a fault trans, but it seems all the faulty trans have already failed by now.

>17k
Damn. That's what kept me from a closer look was that they were all like 70k+ and I didn't have the time at the time to figure out what to look out for.

Maybe they'll keep making them and I'll pick one up next time around. Or maybe I just won't care anymore and I'll spend more than I should on a toy.

You're nuts if you think a 40k rotary will be produced in this day and age.

>. Even the 4 pot mustangs rape this thing silly on the track.
The 86 wasn't created so it could set lap records you dingus. The ecomeme mustang is a joke. I'd rather have a 4 cylinder Camaro desu.

>, i mean fuck, KIA of all companies is more daring nowadays... FUCKING KIA.
Daring how? With their automatic only seen, or their wannabe GTI?

Oh boy, a heavy hybrid that costs 45k. I can't wait!

Pic not related.

>butthurt sti owner detected
>tfw muh vapemobile gets btfo by a fucking civic

I daily the miata even though I have a pretty fun sedan to DD. Unless you have kids or have consistently horrible weather, it's a reasonable choice for a sole car. How do the people around you have such high mileage for a 1-2 year old car?

I don't really understand how people can say that they can't have fun with a BRZ/GT86/FRS

I've had fun in FWD Renaults, beaten up old RWD Mercs, slow and unstable Suzuki Samurais and so on... how can a light RWD coupe with 200 horses not be fun in any way?

I know that most of the "critique" is just trolling, but there are a lot of people who really do say this

We have an amazing selection of Japanese sports cars now. Even the Americans and Koreans are doing interesting shit. We will be looking back on the mid 2010s to early 2020s as the last great period before internal combustion engines went out of favor. It's almost a reflection of 80s excess right now with how much power cars make, how ridiculous and over the top the design of something like the Type R is, and how much new tech is being crammed into cars.

Enjoy this shit. You'll be crying for it in 20 years and your kids will be secondhand nostalgic for this.

Oh they were older than 1-2 years. I don't really remember but I was pulling up RX-7s while trying to decide how much I wanted to pay for what.

It's kind of why I went for the BRZ because I can and have stuffed things in the back and strapped them to the roof. Maybe I shouldn't dream about a miat until I'm so old I have nothing better to do with my money and my life has run out already.

oh my b thought you were talking about ND miatas specifically. BRZ is great as well though, they come out about even in terms of performance and """"""fun"""""

People don't like to try. It's simple to measure performance by stepping on the gas and makes them feel that they got their money's worth of engine. Trying a small, light car with limited power doesn't even cross their minds when shopping or shitposting, so they get angry at people who bought something different.

They can't have fun driving one if they don't have a driver's license

I was talking about whichever miatas would get it right since I'm at a point in life where I'm starting to wonder about midlife crisis cars. The BRZ is brilliant if you shove it around where it shines.

But it's just a pile of metal when trundling down the road. That's not the roadster feel I was hoping for.

>list of cars he's never driven
>proceeds to benchrace anyway

This
A v6 camry is quicker off the line than top tier sports and super cars of the early, mid 80's
My moms Mazda 2 is fun to drive because it's so fucking small that you can toss it around any corner at any speed, and my dad said his rental AWD equinox drove like his friend's 86 944

>a heavy hybrid
Its not a hybrid.
>costs 45k
That's actually a fairly good price. you want a car that's "fast" don't you? the M2 cost 50k so why the fuck would you guys complain about slow 20k shitboxes like the Miata and toybaru and when a manufacturer wants to give you something that's fast and affordable but just cost a bit more you complain that its too expensive. either stop being poor or accept that shit isn't going to be fast in the 20k price-range. (this isn't directed at you but anyone complaining about any price that's even moderately high on these cars)

Camry has to be about the most uninspiring utility car that almost could be fun. I tried for about a half an hour to get my mom's Camry to slide on all four tires to no avail.

And then when I put my foot down, it couldn't even pull itself out of an exit ramp and over a hill.

>Its not a hybrid
Proof?

>making a sub 300hp car a hybrid
>basically no benefit from this whatsoever unless they are going for AWD (i.e by making the electric motors power the front wheels like the NSX)
>hybrid economy cars themselves aren't cheap for what they offer and only make 150 HP at most
>somehow making a 300+ HP hybrid sports car for 45-50k
Pretty much just common sense.

I have a Infinity Q50 Red Sport. Lots of Butt Sniffers throw hate at it but with 400 horse it is a fun car. Steering is dead because it is drive by wire but it is a very nice car that when punched will respond in short order. If you dont like it dont buy it. Cuck.

You forgot the worst part:
4 door ONLY

Sounds like a positive.