MX5 (Miata) NC

Nc Mx5

Test drove a few of these and would prefer them to the NA and NB simply for Daily driving.

I heard these are a lot less reliable than the first two generations. Mainly due to the engine.

>Poor reliability after around 80,000 - 100,000 miles
>The engine is prone to throwing a rod due to oil starvation.
>Excessive oil consumption.
>The engine being part built by ford.
>Replacement engines expensive and rare, apparently due to them all being fucked.

These are things i have heard from a friend who is a breaker and parts fitter for mx5's, and from multiple forums.

What are your experiences?
Are they a good or bad car for reliability, especially compared to the NA/NB models?

bump

LS swap it

BRZ swap it

How was the test drive? I'm also thinking about getting one of these in the PRHT form because it would be my only car and subject to street parking. Really hoping the trunk can at least fit one reasonably-sized suitcase.

Miata power Rankings

1.NA

2.ND

3.NB

4.NC

Based on what?

The point im making is the NC is worst miata out of the four(still not a bad car) just referring to it by miata standards

How is the ND better than the NB?

So much wrong

1. NA
2. ND
3. NC
4. NB

But what exactly is the criteria for these "Miata standard"?

I happen to think that NC looks the best and it's the only one I would consider owning, as it's the most livable of the four. I guess some people hate it because it's too big or whatever. Fair enough.

>I happen to think that NC looks the best and it's the only one I would consider owning
It's the ugliest but ok

That's subjective, sir.

The NC is objectively ugly

lolno

>muh ANGERY meme

no one in this thread said the ND was the best lmfao

>It's the ugliest but ok

The Pontiac Aztec is objectively ugly. The new Prius is objectively ugly. Sarah Jessica Parker is objectively ugly. You don't seem to have an understanding of objective vs subjective.

That was referring to the NC. Are you not able to read?

The interior on the NC is the best in the entire lineup, no retarded ipad on the dash.

Plus it actually has functional cupholders.

And a glovebox.

>Poor reliability after around 80,000 - 100,000 miles
nah, post source
>The engine is prone to throwing a rod due to oil starvation.
nc1 only. nc2/3 have upgraded rod bearings and oil pasages
>Excessive oil consumption.
nah, source
>The engine being part built by ford.
see almost every ford/mazda for the last 15 years
>Replacement engines expensive and rare, apparently due to them all being fucked.
the 2.0 mzr is in like 25 different vehicles

just leave the fat, fun cars to people who are able to research and make their own opinions. if you need approval from anyone here, your fucked. if you need real info from anyone here, your fucking fucked m8

I'm thinking about getting NC Miata with PRHT. How bad is trunk space? Will it fit a good-sized suitcase?

+1

>NCs are shit tier. Fun, but not as fun as an NA or NB which are less. ND is a great modern Miata. RF is a dream to drive but $37,000 is way too steep for most.

what are you smoking, my NA has a better interior than an NC. ND is gorgeous

>that tablet

>ipad sticking out of dash like a prolapse instead of being flushed into the center console like normal cars
>no glovebox
>generic vanilla steering wheel
>shit climate vents

NC has an objectively superior interior than the ND, there's simply nothing the ND does better apart from materials and quality, which is to be expected.

>there's simply nothing the ND does better apart from materials and quality, which is to be expected.

This is extremely not true

shit, i meant interior-wise.

I really don't miss the glove box

But where does the manual, insurance, registration, and glock 23 go?

Even if the interior was only better materials and quality wise, it would still be the better interior, but this is not the case.
The NC, in my opinion, is looking dated now, inside and out. To me, if you can look past the tablet, which to me isn't such a bad thing, the interior is better in the ND in every way.

Beautifully designed dials, gauges, and vents, better steering wheel, and on top of that the quality and materials is much better.
On top of that, you can actually delete the screen without any permanent modifications, it's a different story if it was molded into the dash.

In the little cubby hole between the two seats

he's a numale, he doesn't carry a gun

and he doesn't need a manual, when his shitbox breaks down he just calls for a tow

look at all that wasted space at the top, they just made it a giant chunk of plastic, could've made the cubby at least 50% bigger

fucking italian faggots

>posts a Miata interior

>LPG
>numale
He could break into your house, fuck your mom, then come down to the basement and sell you a car and help you finance it with a tier 4 lender at 28.9% APR for 96 months, then drive off to the sunset with your sister in the passenger seat of his Fiata

Kahr 9mm, not a glock

It's bigger than you think. I never carry a lot of shit in my car either way, so I like I said, I didn't even really miss a glove box

That better?

>9mm

Like I said, numale.

*slower than a RAV4*

But can it fit a sawed-off shotgun?

i bet you eat 9mm for breakfast tough guy

>ANGERY
Looks smugly happy to me.

Not sure what you read but NCs are very reliable.
The NC1 had some minor issues. Mainly the thermostat would get stuck open and the coolant reservoir would break.
Internal issues like thrown rods are rare, but improvements were made in the NC2.

As for engine swaps, they are cheap. Best option is an MZR 2.5L which bolts right in.

same, by the time i have money to buy a miata the na and nb will be really old and expensive and i just cant stand the way nd looks so it will be the only choice

they are the worst mx5 in every single way

What changes were made between the NC1 and NC2?

Since there isn't a miata general atm I figured I'd ask this here. What would be a better size for these wheels 195/50s or 205/50s

my god the level of fanboy autism in this post holy shit