/hhg/

Octane academy edition
>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; Hot Hatches have been a thing for the US since the 90s, took a dip in the mid 00s and are gaining momentum again.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/business/ford-transmission-defect-transport-canada-1.3835182
cbc.ca/news/business/ford-focus-fiesta-safety-transmission-transport-canada-1.3823911
wlos.com/news/news-13-investigates/ford-sued-over-faulty-transmissions-in-some-focus-fiestas
cartalk.com/blogs/car-talk-car-complaints/turd-week-ford-fiesta
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>missed out on my chance to do Octane Academy for free
Fuck my life

I drove an old Chevelle once. It had racing stripes and everything. Does that count as a "Hot Hatch?"

Also Mountune is having a labor day sale.
Code is LD17.

>What is hhg?
A bunch of losers got rolled by some sales shit and bought a smelly overpriced bad FWD shitbox that they can't do anything with.

>Can you have fun in a FWD car?
No. Capital words, more white people bullshit. Muh reality distortion field. No. If I just say No, and capitalize the N, it makes me look all intelligent. By the way, I don't have to provide any counterpoint, I can just say No.

>If someone asks a question and there is a rumor, does that mean it is true?
No. I mean yes, that's why they're there in the first place.

>Am I allowed to join your secret FWD IRC circlejerk club?
No. We're all full, but please want to join it really bad so we can ban you. By the way mine has been in the garage for 6 years, wanted to take it for a spin the other day and the battery wouldn't start. This is OK because this is not about cars, but pretending to be better than you for made up reasons which I can't really get into right now. Let me just say No, No, with Capital N a few more times, No.

Why didn't you go?
It was a fucking blast.

I didn't know when I'd be getting leave until the month before.

Ah. That really sucks.

Maybe if you explain your situation they'd let you attend at a different date?

>I got walked by a hot hatch in my """""""""""performance"""""""""" car and no diaper on earth can contain my level of buttblastedness

Its going to be OK.

I drive a 2011 1.6 Fiesta, basically an ST without the turbo. Any Brits on here who can say how much turbo-ing their car added to insurance? I'm 22 and paying a grand atm

What if you do it and not tell insurance

That's how it works in burger

>go to MOT
>garage notices a brand new fucking turbo in the engine bay
>enjoy your insurance fraud charge

I want to hate your car so god damn much, but only because of how it looks and I know thats part of the appeal to why people have one.

How does it handle? Does it get a lot of bodyroll in the turns?

>Being cucked by the government Jew
El oh el

That sucks man.

Honestly, really good. Not much body roll but more than my dad's 911. The thing is super neutral in it's behavior. If you find yourself every going in too hot or

Too wide you just need to let off a tiny bit, or dabble the brakes.

Probably my biggest complaints for this car are
>The seats aren't that good
>The stock sound system blows
>It could use a 6th gear

Hmm, might get a symposer delete.

Have any FiST owners here tried getting rid of the sound symposer? Do you prefer it with or without? Might help me hear my exhaust better with windows up.

>octane academy
looks like literal shit. Why can't they give a proper track day training and have like a 5-10 lap hotlap race at the end of the day.

>The stock sound system blows
nigga just listen to the exhaust?!?!?!?!?!

The autocross portion isn't too bad, though I would have preferred pure track time

>remove turbo before MOT
>reinstall turbo afterwards

lel

No?!?!?!?

This is my dude. I'm not autistic enough to delet my sound system

Been meaning to do this for ages

It's better if you have an aftermarket exhaust apperantly

Jesus this is some next level anal annihilation. What happened, user? Wanna get something off your chest? We're here for you.

>not taking your car in on Saturday morning, slipping the hungover MOT tester a score or two for his night out later that day. "Have a few extra on me, mate. Just keep the turbo shtum." "Yeah mate, nice one."
You probably don't have a good relationship with your garage dude if you can't do that.

I'm looking at the rallyarmor flaps for winter.
Still undecided as they look kind of faggoty.

Have fun with maintenance, those cars are shit.

The octane academy is what me realize what a lame car the focus st is.

So far it's been mild. There's no big problem areas with these yet after being in burger for 5 years, and by the time I get to 60k miles I'll probably be selling it and getting something else

How?

Terrible seating position
Awful interior
Torque dip and wheel hop galore.
Relatively numb feeling

Pass

Is this compared to the FiST?

Toque steer I meant hah

Just in general.

I actually prefer the focus st over the fiesta. It's way more practical and doesn't feel like it was made by Fischer Price.

I wasn't very impressed with either honestly. My old 2005 srt4 was a better driver's car, and slightly faster stock IIRC.

This is why I went with the abarth instead of a FiST. The fiesta might be objectively better from a numbers standpoint, but the Fiat is just a note engaging car to drive. Plus smol.

That's odd, just made me like it more.

>Pass

Buspass, maybe. Though I have to give you the shitty interior. Ford has no idea what a 'good interior' means.

I like it with the sound symposer delete

makes the car seem more refined

I wish I could've found one of those for a good price when I was looking. I don't have buyers remorse, but the fiesta st was my first option.

Why on earth would you want it to be more refined?

where did the hot hatch touch you user?

why is there always one fag that insists on posting a veloshit?

I have no clue user, it's like they don't realize that their gook trash is inferior to literally everything else with wheels and an engine

post your stang. also they could be a lot worse. could be a chevy sonic RS

kek'd and chek'd
agreed, let's see that pony, boy

Memeboost?

>Terrible seating position
well yeah its a hatch so it remains practical, its not a 2 seater track toy
>Awful interior
only ford (which I have) but the seats make up for it
>Torque steer
just enough so its fun
>wheel hop galore.
change RMM
>Relatively numb feeling
relative to what? its way better than most

stock sound symposer is ricey and shitty

Is an automatic 1989 Hyundai excel hatch a hot hatch Veeky Forums

If you manual swap it and change the engine for 4g63, sure

imo the 2017 steering wheel is perfection

Is the Matrix XRS considered a hot hatch?

>2ZZ-GE engine and a 6 speed
>"sport" suspension
>rice bodykit

Why is there always one fag who wants to sperg about anothers car choice.

Those are actually pretty fun to drive

I would say yes

Yes, just not that color.

how sad does it make you americans that you dont get the m140i godmachine?

That's not how it works m8, MOT is literally a box ticking exercise and has nothing to do with the insurance.

I'm more upset that we dont get the RS Megane.

Haven't seen one of these in a while.

Y'all do anything new to your Fiestas? Looking like I'll have to get mine retuned in order to enable Cobb Traction Control, might take a moment to put on my EWG at the same time.

I'm only sad I don't get the ST200.

Mountune MR230, pedal spacers, short throw, shifter bushings, stiff exhaust hangars, motor mount, Indy 500 tires. Pretty happy, but if I could do it all over again, I'd have spent less money. Mountune MP215, bushings, pedal spacers, exhaust hangars, keep it simple. I'd also would've just stuck with stock wheels/tires and got steelies for my winters.

Any reason you went with the MR230 over a custom set up?

Am I allowed in this club with my warm hatch?

ughh, such an ugly car. Even the New Type R civic is less ostentatious

I don't see why not, they let velosters in.

I think the CRX when done correctly is close to aesthetically perfect for a car, I just wish it was RWD and fast. Nothing to be done about the RWD but I'm thinking about engine swapping one.

American velosters are probably quite fast compared to my euro sized little turbo engine.

Peace of mind, reliability, quality pieces, resale. Mountune gets more Ford testing data and general support than other manufacturers. Also it was on sale and I had a 15% off coupon code.

Would rather get a hot clio or Citroen ds3 my dude

out of the way peasants, best hot hatch coming thru

>130hp
>literally slower than a 90s CRX Si with worse fuel economy
>"hot hatch"

196 hp my dude. that's the hpd supercharged version

>still less power than a FiST
kek

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Okay so now you're almost as powerful as a stock Fiesta ST but with less seats, less torque, less fuel economy, and you spent more. Meanwhile in FiST land:
>tune
>220hp
>260trq

Honestly the more I think about it, the more I'm willing to trade my SVTF for a Fist.

do FiST's have the poor reliability of recent year fords tho? had a focus and it was always fucking up to the point where I'm unsure of ever owning another ford

Fiesta st is for numales who don't like driving

It might literally be Ford's most reliable car. I've picked up the Consumer Reports magazine, and the only black dot on it was "transmission." But you can't get the shitty automatic in the ST, just a decent Getrag 6 speed manual, so it's not an issue. Someone on the Fiesta ST forums has 281,000km on his (half of them modded) and has only done basic preventative maintenance.
Hey fuck you man, I'm not a dick to your car.

>when you're so insecure about your choice of vehicle you have to lash out at people who own similar vehicles in order to make yourself feel better

anyone else GTI here?

Honestly I wish my Fiat had a 6th speed.

I'm just keking y'all take some bants. On a related note, the abarth might be one of the most reliable vehicles Fiat makes in the us.

Forever alone.

Just nabbed this for 2k.
Inb4
>not a hot hatch

It just dyno'd 323hp/358tq and it's 3000lb on the nose. It's got all stage 3+ parts including suspension and LSD. And it's manual. Fucking quick.

lmfao this is the gayest most fanciful post I've ever seen on Veeky Forums

Seeing as how my last one was 308hp I believe it. RIP my old PTGT, got totaled by some old cunt in a suburban last week :(

quints beats dubs any day

Quints confirms BTFO

The GTs have barely 230hp, and that was brand new. An old piece of shit like that will be lucky to put 200hp to the wheels.

FRONT WHEELS.

lmao faggot

PTCuck BTFO by

No.
The ST's are fairly well put together cars.

I wish dude. I have a couple rattles at 11000km, though that may be because I got sideswiped by a french canadian going 50 over the limit

Ford build quality is below average for everything they make, that should be enough to influence your decision.

They fucking DEVOURED manual transmissions, countless people complained about this. Clutches would shred themselves too.

If Ford pinches pennies on something as integral as the tranny, god only knows what else they cheaped out on.

>babbys first manual car
Hmm I wonder why

weird man it's just the ford cheap quality making it hit or miss i guess.

I took apart my entire interior lower than the glovebox/upperdash and put it all back together with a few messed up clips. the only rattle i have is from the right side of the stereo next to vents... which i didn't even touch.

most of what i've heard people complain about isn't the clutch. the complaint was usually random synchro failure which ford covered most of the time if you brought it in under warranty

>most of what i've heard people complain about isn't the clutch. the complaint was usually random synchro failure which ford covered most of the time if you brought it in under warranty

cbc.ca/news/business/ford-transmission-defect-transport-canada-1.3835182

cbc.ca/news/business/ford-focus-fiesta-safety-transmission-transport-canada-1.3823911

wlos.com/news/news-13-investigates/ford-sued-over-faulty-transmissions-in-some-focus-fiestas

Autotragics were equally diseased.

>cbc.ca/news/business/ford-transmission-defect-transport-canada-1.3835182
>no mention of manual transmission
>cbc.ca/news/business/ford-focus-fiesta-safety-transmission-transport-canada-1.3823911
>so the couple had no idea it was run by a manual transmission that shifted automatically with the help of a computer.
that's the DCT powershift.
>wlos.com/news/news-13-investigates/ford-sued-over-faulty-transmissions-in-some-focus-fiestas
>also mentions the DCT auto

are you the same guy who posts this stuff every ST/HHG thread?

Dude I just googled that stuff in about 15 seconds, I don't give a shit about your shitty Ford products.

But it's misleading to tell people that these are good cars, and that they're the best Ford makes.

The 5.0 Mustang is probably one of the most solid vehicles Ford makes, and even it isn't amazingly well built.

Stop shilling your econoshitbox, and don't get so bootyblasted by the truth. You intentionally, or accidentally, took a bite from a shit sandwich. Now that you know this, there's no reason to keep chowing down on it. Sell that turd and get something decent.

cartalk.com/blogs/car-talk-car-complaints/turd-week-ford-fiesta

>The dealer now reports we need a new transmission: $6,500 + tax. We have been told by both the dealer and Ford corporate that we are 1,400 miles over warranty at 61,400 miles, so there is no financial assistance with the repair.”

>buying Ford
>ever

>Ford did issue a warranty extension for PowerShift-equipped vehicles
once again dct only

>Dude I just googled that stuff in about 15 seconds, I don't give a shit about your shitty Ford
then leave and don't make stupid posts without research.

>tfw no widebody ST