Why don't they just weld the fucking hood shut

why don't they just weld the fucking hood shut

modern cars are cancer

Because then you couldn't see the engine duh

I agree,
also gone are the times of easy accessibility.

>I came

What did they mean by this?

>i came

huehuehue

Overflow tank in front of the fan? That's clever.

To be fair that's a shaved bay.

hard to be more accessible than a tiny 1.8 inline 4 in a 5 series BMW lol

wuts inside that /comfy/ snap-down bag?

his dignity

Weed

cleaned up engine bays make my dick hard

what is this abortion?

One of the comfiest cars ever. They require a terrifying amount of dedication to keep running though.

They had air suspension

While I do think exposed engines have more character, I think the people overreacting to engine covers is the stupidest shit.

>hurr durr I can't remove two bolts to expose my engine

Only the most comfortable suspension of all time.

battery?

Hydropneumatic. Please be exact.

I can't habeeb. Who runs what looks like a gas line into a battery bag?

battery ?

> two bolts

I didn't know that, I always heard air.

I dont know much about mechanics so I'll ask a stupid question.

All I see in that picture is the engine. Where is the battery? The washer fluid deposit and everything else???

It's the battery

find battery in pic

But why is it in a battery purse?

To protect it against the elements.
My car battery has a cover too, albeit less comfy

>whole universes of space all around the engine to work on it

They're designed to be exposed to the elements, just like the rest of the goddamn shit in the fucking engine bay you don't fucking wrap it up in coddling clothes like it's baby jesus in a manger.

Is this the true extent of german over-engineering?

The shocks are filled with special suspension fluid which gets displaced when depressed and flows into the green spheres, compressing the air inside them. It combines the benefits of liquid dynamics and pneumatic suspension. It's as dampening as air suspension, but thanks to the liquid flow it's not as aprupt and even smoother.

A battery will last longer if it doesn't get cold, also less corrosion if no moisture.

Yeah, I hate it when my battery catches a cold. Worst of my nightmares.

probably in the rear of the car

>Where is the battery?
Hidden somewhere in the car, might be in the rear.

>The washer fluid deposit
It doesn't even have wipers

Batteries perform best and have the best longevity when temp stable. The same is true of your engine itself. Parking a car in a heated garage to keep it out of the cold in winter is better for the engine starting and stopping.
Things aren't "designed to be exposed to the elements" they just deal with it and face the consequences.

I hate it, fucking pushing a vehicle because it's cold and you haven't driven for a while

???

My undercarriage is most assuredly designed to withstand the noise and haste of winter weather and being assaulted by road salt. Rusting away is part and parcel. That's why everything lubricated is sealed and I don't have to go apply oil to all the joints each month.

Unless you're a massive faggotron with a battery that wasn't designed for cold weather, it makes no more fucking difference then having to eventually replace your brake light. It doesn't need a fucking sharia hood.

This, just because engines don't instantly implode in the winter doesn't mean that winters are good for engines.

Push starting is Patrician. As is having an extra battery if you were so dumb it's your first time dealing with cold weather and you thought putting a warm snuggly on your battery was going to make any difference.

Except a brake light is like €5 a battery €100+

Are you German? Let's be frank. Was it really 6 million?

No, not German.
Tip to recognise a German, they would have written 5€ and 100€.

i wonder if this has anything to do with pixie protection?
aren't these both 48v?

>Spend a fortune and painstaking man hours to make the engine bay look minimalist
>Just letting the ignition leads dangle around and looped up
>Throttle cable sticking out
So rather than cleverly re-engineering parts to hide them away it's just the bare minimum to make it look like the engine runs.

I think it's designed to hide the battery pajamas and make sure the engine stays warm.

I do have a spare battery, but pushing it is the quickest way to start with a flat battery.

I once tried to roll it backward down the driveway, but the grade was insufficient to get it going. I finally had to hit the ebrake when it was about to go ass first into the road.

Imagine my shame when my parents got home
>hey do you mind giving me a jump?

HOW ABOUT A FUCKING NORTHSTAR IN A MKII GOLF?

We doing a bay thread?

Can you invite me over to adjust your valve lash? I'll bring beer if you get pizza.

Sure. i think i did it wrong because everytime i remeasured it with the feeler it was not tight anymore.
It seems to run better now tho.

Yeah that's why you have to keep turning it over because it loosens up. It does feel fine when you get it down for sure.

i dont have the correct feelers anyways.

Pick one that's a just a tiny bit smaller than the spec. If you can pull it out after tightening then the lash is already larger than the feeler.

try 1.3

it looks so lonely in there

this pic right here is why i really like the sonic

i mean look at all that fucking engine access

I own a 2014 Sonic RS. Thing is legit more fun to drive than my SS Camaro.

You know you can take the cover off you fucking retard.
Most of the time when people pop the hood they just want to access the fluids, which you can still do with engine covers. Even then it takes like a minute to take an engine cover off (in my experience).

lol this pic is silly

Engine's in the wrong place.

WARRANTY VOIDED

Is this really the engine Tesla uses?

I knew electric was a lie

It's literally just a couple clips keeping the engine cover on. They even act as sound and heat insulation as well at have air ducts to direct airflow to heat exchangers

The whole point is that the plastic cover obscures the engine anyway

Weld the hood shut? Nah, apple doesn't make cars yet

MMMM radiator muff.

Reverse is such a low gear that it is really difficult to push start a car in. It's just better to get the car going 10-15 mph and start into 2nd. I have a pretty steep driveway, and was able to get my car started in less than 20 feet

Well I couldn't really go forward, so that was the only option.

>Buying a water-cooled Porsche

Right? Why would anyone buy an objectively better car?

That looks like shit

at least put a decent sized six in it

>Modern cars are cancer
>I was born in the wrong generation

This is what top performance Accessibility looks like

That's the point nigger. OP's opinion is cringy and this is the type of image he would unironically enjoy and agree with.

Don't buy shitty Euro trash cars. No decent Japanese car does this. Seriously, not even Lexus does this. Fucking 0.8L Turbo Yurpoop cars.

i wasnt taking the piss, i just say a opotunity to shitpost cringe 9gag shit

This is what modern cars look like without engine covers.

>I came
I wish I had that on my car's engine.

wow that's disgusting

remember when the valve cover and the intake manifold at least made some effort to look good?

T. Has never done a damn thing under the hood

this so much. OP is like all the other millennial faggots that cry about cars that weight over 1500 lbs

even this looks kinda cool with the embossed honda logo proudly on top of the engine

but its a lexus you never need to go under the hood

is this true?

>not even Lexus does this