How come we never see vehicles from China then?

How come we never see vehicles from China then?

the factories may exist there but the brand is still Volvo or whatever the hell. the issue is that once the factory exists, the Chinamen build a copy of it, then they stop doing business with the original company, and then they manufacture the product as a Chinese knock off and only sell it nationally.

they can't pass western safety standards

They build their shit national models but they also build subpar versions of other brands like volkswagen, Volvo, Suzuki, and Toyota through licensing agreements to sell in china because china is a society of face, and they don't even like their own shitboxes there; they have high pride on buying foreign marques and they seem to be the only demographic in the world outside of boomers that are head over heels for buicks

Emissions is another big reason. Our standards are among the highest. There was a documentary about 10 years a ago, can't remember the name, about china's emissions standards. At the time, Europe had lower standards than the US, but China had (and has) lower standards than Europe.

this on every video of car crash in china you can see the car or scooter instantly exploding in flames like in a fucking Hollywood movie
that shit is insane

Because they aren't very safe.

well it's kinda the same in Japan isn't it?

LHD cars are seen as unique and sought after, even the mafia wouldn't be seen in anything other than a LHD Merc.

Meanwhile kiddies in America cream themselves over RHD shitbox Corollas

That is actually strange that Western cars are LHD in Japan. My friends dad has brought a few cars from Japan including a BMW 850i and a Merc W210 E320 4Matic and they're both LHD but built for Japan.

The trade deals, tariffs, and regulatory hurdles haven't been settled yet. Chinese cars ARE coming to America in the next 10-20 years. The Koreans are freaking out about it, which is why they're trying to build a loyalty base with ridiculous warranties, discounts, and incentives.

Something tells me that even with our standards, they'll find ways to dangerously cut corners. I'm not really excited about that prospect.

because all the cars they produce are death traps and dont meet western safety standards

Cars falling apart at 30,000 miles when?

Now, see:
>GM
>VAG
>FCA

What does this have to do with price of tea in China?

Ford?

>are

were
don't underestimate the chinks, this isn't the 90's anymore

You do, lots of them, all new Ford Focus cars will come from there from the start of 2019 along with the new Lincoln SUV. About 1/2 of the US Ford Transits are Chinese, Cadillac are importing cars from China

EU Standards are much tighter than those in the US.

>most of their vehicles are sold domestically and the poorer parts of Asia
>scooters and small ATVs also count, and those are very common in the west