Mitsubishi General

Owner of 1993 Eclipse and 2015 Mirage. Post your Mitsubishi's. Is the company going to pull out of the American market? Is the Lancer trash? Will they ever re-introduce minitrucks?

Mitsu is dead bro

What's the extent? are they going to shut down their car division entirely?

No. Churn out for econoboxes and crossovers. Sales in the us have increased and they are market leaders in south east asia. Nissan-renault now owns a controlling share so they will be around in some form for a while.

Post the eclipse. Mitsu is trash now, but I love their older cars.

They still build a decent midsize/compsct pickup competitor on the global market in the form of the L200. Whether it's reintroduced back to the American market o guess weighs on how successful the Colorado, Ranger and Frontier are against the well established Tacoma.

>Hey minna-san, remember the Pontiac Aztek?
>Let's make another one!

First as tragedy, then as comedy

New to Veeky Forums here
I've been thinking about purchasing a 1991 3000GT, I like the design and ive read up on it and it seems like it gets the job done. Thoughts?

I've got a 1989 Mitsubishi Colt with a 4G63T swap but it's my manual fun time car, I daily a 2014 Jetta.

I would say be careful with those cars, they're a ton of fun but if something ends up going wrong you better be willing to get your hands dirty and do it yourself. They're hell to work on and I doubt any mechanic would want to help you out.

>they tried to give it the 2nd-gen's bubble butt bumper

w a t
h
y

what the fuck have you been reading? those cars are unreliable pieces of shit

I love old Mitsus man. Lancers (02-03 & 07+), Evo's, Eclipses, GT3k,

but the Mirage is one of the most hideous things I've seen. Such an ugly look + silly tiny wheels.

>1989 Mitsubishi Colt with a 4G63T
Noice

hey man. It's the only thing I could afford to buy outright new.

Owner of a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant (ES 4 cyl). Love it. Unfortunately, the company is making terrible cars at the moment, and I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out of the US market soon.

I drive a '15 Mirage at work, it has a CVT and 74 HP.

It's actually really fun to throw around, the steering is really slow but it has an excellent turn radius and the suspension is soft but competently balanced. I would absolutely own a manual one. I bet they'd be really fun with low, hard suspension and an LSD.
However, with the CVT, I've been beaten from the stoplight by a Vespa and a Nissan Leaf. It's dangerously slow in some situations.

>CVT
consistently vulgar transmission

Thanks, man. This baby wasn't in very good condition when I bought it a month ago, it was owned by a 19 year old who took out the engine but couldn't be bother to buy and install the 4G63T. So, I bought the rolling shell and installed it over a few weekends with some friends.

Now I just have to fix up the body, install some new shocks, fuel filter, clutch and a pair of new tires. Bought it a month ago for $600.

When at the Mojave National reserve. 2015 Mirage DE with manual transmission

Here's the engine bay.

Whats the Mitsubishi with the obnoxiously tall spoiler? I like it
They made some quality cars before they closed shop in aus

Are you talking about a EVO?

Ew

t. publictransportfag

I don't think so
It was bigger
Like an old aircraft

Eclipse?

T. Own four cars and a motorcycle and they've all got character. No bland transportation shitbox appliances

If that's obnoxiously tall then any spoiler is obnoxious

Pic related is my car with " character"

Hmm, it might've just had one of those aftermarket park benches.

pic related is my other car with "character"

They will just sell cars that are too shitty for nissan and dacia to poorfags.

Like the Jeep but what the fuck happened to that buick

the patrician choice

Got side swiped on the highway during a blizzard in Canada. Damn near went over a cliff. Managed to hit a snowbank instead. Fucker was uninsured. Thinking about taking off the doors and welding a plate of steel to the side. and screwing some plastic to the side for windows.

pic related

Well that blows. I like the steel plate idea though. Do that, lift it and put some knobby tires on and you've got yourself an apocalypse car

Lol I think its something like this

Isn't that just an aftermarket spoiler? I thought he meant stock.

Are Stealth RTs/3000GT VR4s any good?

Good? Yeah, they're pretty fast and fun. However reliability is another thing, basically what said.

I actually enjoy it.

she's still chuggin' along OK