/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Fire Keeper is absent. Cannot light bonfire.
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E1WOTfCc05E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Host has picked a good hiding spot
>Go to a safe area and browse the internet
>1 hour later
>Get alerted by the mobs screeching
>Annoyed because I'm fapping
>Plunging attack host to death

The only thing CCS has going for it these days is its long reach compared to other curved swords. With the AR nerf it took plus the nerf to Rouge, it's literally a shit tier weapon now.

Follower Sabre, I hear it's still pretty good. But your go-tos these days are Sellsword, Pontiff K***ht for the WA and Warden for bleeding out bosses (the infusion is apparently still pretty good).

just started a new demon's souls playthrough after some nostalgic feels. all went well until i slipped down the stairs right before phalanx. no biggie, just rush back to pick up my souls while avoiding unnecessary enemies. i then proceed until i reach the tunnel in 1-2 where i check up on ostrava, who isn't there. is he so much of a shitter that he died while i wasn't there to clear every enemy again while on my way back to the phalanx stairs? is the game retarded or is it me?

Desert pyromancer zoey.

How?

Every time I get remotely close she flame fans half of my health away, the only way I can deal damage is by using perseverence but she has more estus than I do by the time I reach her, so eventually I run out of estus and die.

Try... not getting hit by the Flame Fan? It has shit for reach, just bait her into fanning and then whack her with a UGS while she's locked in the animation. Repeat until dead.

Just upgraded to Scholar for DaS 2. What should I expect?

the unexpected

a slightly less dead game with an almost serviceable lighting engine

The chosen one was chosen by Oscar.

Does she have bugged absorption or something?

Her whip does ~500+ damage to me but a 2HR1 from my 500 AR black knight sword does barely 300.

The flame fan has a wider reach than an UGS and she always gets me during the wind up for my attack, I'll try pancaking her with astora GS but I was barely able to get a 1HR1 in with the BKS.

more statues but also more branches

What are you memeing about dude.

Overall better balanced enemy encounters and item progression. e.g., Heide's is actually a challenge now, and you don't have to wait until Iron Keep to unlock infusions.

Yes, she's been balanced by the devs to do a shitload of damage with her Pyromancies. It's the only way they can make an NPC challenging, same reason why Parry God Hodrick has a shitload of health when you summon him in Crucifixion Woods.

Does that seem about right for str/pyro? I will probably be using chain. Where should I put the rest?
>inb4 go pyro
I have everything on this char and I don't want to play through the game AGAIN for 4 levels.
Irithyll dungeon is fun, probably

Cover those gams, you decrepit slut.

Forgot to take off obscurring ring, sorry

>upgraded to Scholar

Put your trip back on, Luci, I filtered you for a fucking reason.

she's harder than any of the bosses I've fought so far. It doesn't help that I'm losing half my estus just trying to reach her from the angel's barrage of light. Even with flash sweat I'm still forced to heal after a single hit while she can take 3 hits before even at half health.

you might actually be better of using an attunement ring

So, stay at 18 and use darkmoon? Isn't 24 better for taking advantage for ashtus? Also, what spells should I use? I'm thinking surge, vestiges, sacred flame and bursting fireball. I'd prefer not using any dark ones, want to keep it fire themed

40/40 Int/Fai or go home if you're playing a Pyro.

Drop End to 21, 26 is a break point with FaP+3.

Put Dex up to 16 for Demon's Scar, or 17 for Witch's Locks. Drop Str down to around 15 or so, the biggest weapon you should be using is either Onyx Blade or Gargoyle Flame Spear.

Should have gone Pyromancer class, you have way too much waste Vit. A Pyromancer isn't going to be wearing a bunch of armor or wielding big weapons. Better to just create a new character, Pyros have the easiest progression in the game since they get virtually all they need by the time they exit Carthus.

>Put Dex up to 16 for Demon's Scar, or 17 for Witch's Locks. Drop Str down to around 15 or so, the biggest weapon you should be using is either Onyx Blade or Gargoyle Flame Spear.
>Should have gone Pyromancer class, you have way too much waste Vit. A Pyromancer isn't going to be wearing a bunch of armor or wielding big weapons
Ahem
>str/pyro

So, judging from the people complaining about farming silver knights across every corner of the internet from NeoGaf to Reddit to Veeky Forums to Gamefaqs to Steam forums to Twitter, why have blue covenants been broken for the longest time? Has there ever been an official explanation?

Is it because nobody bothers to wear WoB? Most people play unembered?

Well why don't you go back to 1-1 and check?

So find the Pilgrim Pupa and kill it, it's literally on top of those houses on the way to Zoey. Then you can just take a straight shot to her afterward, having to maybe use a single Purple Moss on the way.

24 Att is reasonable for a Pyro, you can't afford to go higher because unlike a Sorcerer or Cleric you have to invest more total points into your caster stats.

Here's an example of a Pyro build that's not minmaxed. You'll probably want more Vigor than that, just shave Att back down to 24 (I have it at 26 because that gives 198 FP, and Ashen Estus recovers 200 without the ring).

Less people use Way of Blue than those who are in the Darkmoon covenant.

He's either still stuck in 1-1 or he died in 1-2. He does die extremely easily.

>literally get a backstab on a player
>he dies
>don't get a shackle
What the fuck? I thought it was one and done

It's a stupid system.
>many people think wob is for babbies they're right, but they hurt dorkmoons more than anything else
>for the few people who wear them, there are at least 10 dorks trying to get summoned
>no blue eye orb/sinner invasions
>the droprate for ears is absurdly low, dropped from a relatively hard enemy and with no convenient spot
I've also heard that losing dmb summons puts you lower on the list (can't have the babbies helped by anyone other than the cream of the crop) AND for some fucking reason failing to join counts as a loss. There was a reset somewhat recently that did away with the loss counts, which allowed people to be summoned for the first time in hundreds of hours
Thanks but I'm trying to do str/pyro
>74 fire damage from scaling at 30/30
might as well kill myself now
If he was a phantom, you might have to kill more. You should be getting a notification for this

Most people trade up from Way of the Blue to Sun covenant, or blue sentinels. Once you reach a certain level though, blue sentinels becomes pointless because no one uses way of the blue.

So once you are past the SL where blue sentinels can no longer interact with way of the blue, they stop using blue sentinels and start using darkmoon instead.

That means you have 10 darkmoons for every available invader. It makes summon times really long, so if you want to farm concords you need to basically sit at your computer and wait an hour for each invasion. Assuming a 50% success rate, that's 60 hours of idle waiting time for each copy of darkmoon blade you want to get.

You can kill 2 silver knights per minute if you're fast, and you need to kill about 900 (at max discovery) to get all the concords you need. Usually a little less if you are using darkmoon covenant at the same time. This means you can get all the concords within 7 hours of farming instead of 60 hours of sitting around.

I did the DS1 strategy for sunlight medals and just kept the game running in the background while I did other things, only hopping on when I got summoned. But if you are trying to clear the covenant as fast as possible, farming silver knights is the only way to do it.

is 60 faith pushing it for sl80?

unless you're mostly planning on using the spear I'd go for more attunement

Man what a stupid system. They could have at least made it so people who recently got a tongue, cumchunk, or bone could also risk being invaded by a blue.

How the fuck do you become so cucked to side with the host you fucking faggot

In that case you can probably leave Str at 27, you're not going to one-hand anyways, and with that stat investment you'll need to save points wherever you can.

26 End with FaP+3, as previously stated, increases your stamina by 4 (without FaP it increases it by 3, but the extra percentage makes it 4), every point between then and 34 increases stamina by 2 so that's a decent break point if you know how to manage your weapon swings.

Beyond that, the best you can do is shave Att down to 18 and try to shunt those points into Int and Fai. Softcap is 40/40, but since you went and classed K***ht you're not going to be able to easily reach that. At best you'll be something like 37/38. If you keep Att at 24 then you'll be 34/35, which is still not ideal but something you can probably live with.

In all above cases you'll still do better by just rolling a new character and classing as Pyromancer. You'll free up something like 10 points between Vit and Dex, and as I noted before Pyromancers get virtually everything they need by the time they leave Carthus (save for the DLC spells and anything Karla provides).

Miyazaki hates the cop covenant. It's always inferior to the red equivalent covenant. Even Sunbros can fucking invade in DS3 now wtf.

Ok, preparations finished, time to go get my ass beat. Any recommendations for the headpiece?
I'll keep this in mind. I might start a new playthrough as pyro but I've already done that twice (once in pirated version and another legit but i lost my save). I'll see if I actually like the playstyle, fiddle a bit

definitely gonna be getting involved in the melee, besides I'm not really sure which other miracles are useful for invasions

Yeah doesn't that go against the Sunlight covenants rules?

Should've made sin more relevant.
>Gold and blues can only invade sinners

>Wear blue sentinels hoping to get summoned
>I know how it may take hours
>decide to invade
>kill blue cops all the time and it hurts inside since I know they waited hours to get summoned just to die

Painful

Nah, Solaire was a bum chum. Warriors of Sunlight are warriors dedicated to the former God of War.

>waited hours
hah you wish. some people are so high on the priority list they get summoned constantly

Funny that you mention it
on some chars, I get summoned constantly
Finally made a cleric char and GOT SUMMONED 5 WHOLE FUCKING TIME

In my invasions I've seen a dude being summoned 3 times in a row. I wish I could have recorded it but it was a very long invasion, around 35 minutes long. Needless to say he was 6 free estus charges /shrug

chaos fireball or vestiges for invasions? I'm not too great at free aiming yet
also are both pyro rings necessary or is witch's ring enough on its own

The whole bluecop business really needs a queueing list with an estimate of how many people are in front of you.

What's the best armor for pyromancers?

eastern set

69.9%, if you want to think logically I think it's best for caster to focus elemental defense and thrust weapons since those are more likely to damage you

Just a blue orb would suffice. There are a TON of sinners. That and a sinner that didn't defeat the boss area yet (almost impossible)

HOW TO FIX COVENANTS (in my opinion)

>Way of Blue
Remove from the game.

>Blue Sentinels
Summoned as a blue spirit whenever a host is invaded. Without WoB existing, there's no chance of a host not wearing the correct covenant to allow Sentinels to be summoned in. Create a new NPC somewhere in the game world that serves as the Blue Sentinels covenant leader. Add different reward item and new covenant rewards.

>Darkmoon Blades
Use Blue Eye Orb to invade as a blue spirit. Can invade those who have had at least 1 successful invasion, or are wearing the Rosaria's Finger's covenant item. Killing Aldrich Faithful's and Rosaria's Fingers allows for Proof of a Concord Well Kept.

>Warriors of Sunlight
Make it so you cannot invade while having the Warriors of Sunlight covenant item equipped, with the exception of Archdragon Peak.

>Mound Makers
Allow Mad Phantoms to enter the boss with the host, but only get a Vertebrae Shackle from killing the host.

>Rosaria's Fingers
Fine as is. The only change is that you have to wear the Rosaria's Fingers covenant item to get a Pale Tongue.

>Watchdogs of Farron
Allow Watchdogs to be summoned in Farron Keep and (maybe) the Painted Wold.

>Aldrich Faithful
Allow them to be summoned into the Cathedral of the Deep and Anor Londo.

>Spears of the Church
Fine as is.

>That and a sinner that didn't defeat the boss area yet (almost impossible)
Gankers should count as sinners desu

Should've just had a blue summon sign.

rate/hate mates

guise am i twinking right

>Allow Mad Phantoms to enter the boss with the host, but only get a Vertebrae Shackle from killing the host.
No, it should rather work like this. Kill the boss, get a vertebrae. Kill the host, get a vertebrae, but you will not receive a vertebrae if the boss is active.
That way, you have clear incentive to work with the host. And if you're feeling dickish for personal feel good, you can crush the host's hopes and dreams after co-operating for so long, but it's important for the sake of not being predictable that a vertebrae is not rewarded for doing that.

making stamina regen the same for all weight caps under 70% was a mistake.

I wonder if they did that because they wanted to make sure some bosses would be beatable, and instead of removing the "You have to roll 8 times to survive this" attacks they just removed yet another mechanic to dumb down the game

Is sage ring really that useful?

It seems like tears would be better, and you could use that by swapping out sage ring for darkmoon ring.

It's downright the most important casting ring in the game, more than the damage boosting rings even.

Who cares? Gives more room for fashion souls without getting punished for it.

hmm I thought you needed good casting speed for demon scar r1 -> black flame but maybe I'm wrong
and nah fuck farming for darkmoon ring, also tears seems kinda scrubby to me

das it... mane

Hold on, if the desert sorceress loses its skirt if worn with a dress torso, does that mean it would work with the Black Dress?

No you're completely right. You need sage ring for that combo plus it's good for not being slow as fuck, and tears are shitter tier and easily countered by equipping a piece of Kirk's.

here's a good twink build

unironically its more stat efficient to use vordts or great club which you get at the beginning of the game, STR weapons are broken

Yes, you get thighhigh boots, though you can only see the heels

ok good to know it's needed for that combo, and yeah speed is always helpful especially if I go for vestiges nukes every now and then

FUCK I forgot to pick up shiras outfit before heading into ng, rip

>71.58%
start over

perfect

Is there any hard numbers to back this up? It seems like 25% higher casting speed isn't really worth a ring slot to me, given that most spells don't have very long cast times already. You're talking, at most, a 0.1s difference and people's reaction times aren't even that fast.

... dude
youtube.com/watch?v=E1WOTfCc05E

>28% equip load

why? Is the faster running speed really worth the loss in absorption?

watching that video, it seems like it has no effect on lightning spear but is game-changing for staffs and pyro, is that true?

Yes, fast rolling is very important. It makes you able to dick around hosts and outrun/roll downscaled phantoms. Your build is all about making them die slowly by poison so you want the most amount of safety possible. You shouldn't get hit much and the steel protection will help mitigate most of the damage you take (this works because you can actually heal in invasions, unlike duels).

Yes, it's mostly noticeable for pyros and sorcs, miracles don't get much but it's still important. You get 0.75 slower cast on lightning arrow at 12 dex without the ring.

It's still very significant for lightning spear, just the long trail of the miracle makes it seem slower

At low SL it doesn't really matter much and you already have decent absorption plus light roll.

What's the canon Oolacile weapon?

What do you mean 'canon' weapon? You mean the weapon the oolacile sorcerors use? I believe it's the oolacile catalyst. The ivory catalyst is a non-corrupted version of it.

for pyros it's more about free aiming anyway, most people can reaction roll pyromancies with or without sage ring

Yes, but low dex means you can't passive surge tap people down or combo stuff into black flame

Not really, for pyros you only want to use vestiges, black flame and fire surge, maybe bursting fireball and those all require sage's ring to work.

It's a shame it doesn't show much like BB's counterpart.

It just occurred to me that one of the archetypes they pushed in DaS3 was fai/bleed, maybe it worth checking out

thinking about going with a grand lance/shield crossbow build for my DS2 run. any good spells or backup weapons that would mesh well with those?

What was the thought processes behind the decision to only have 2 starting classes in DaS3?

How cool would Yorshka's Spear be if it weren't shit?
>R2s are strike damage
>pokes are thrust damage

these are good dark/chaos infusable pyro weapons I've found so far:
>murky hand scythe
>lothric knight sword/longsword
>winged spear/partizan
>halberd
>man serpent hatchet (for turtles)
>great corvian scythe
>saint bident
any more?

Mercenary is good, too.

>named after a cutie
would be amazing

Warrior is good

>11 luck

dark greatsword hits the theoretical ar ceiling

How cool would Dark Souls™ III be if it wasn't shit?

It is though. Its the most efficient for a pure phys build.

>pure phys
>no vit
>no wa juice

dark exile, dark ags,dark pole for shield chip, dark claymore>onyx