ITT: We're having a Cann/o/n Ball Run from New York to L.A on public roads, anything goes

ITT: We're having a Cann/o/n Ball Run from New York to L.A on public roads, anything goes.

Post your vehicle of choice. You're allowed one major modification.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qZGF-3LSjt8&t=301s
youtu.be/nWRdqabMIEM
youtu.be/1ILCDeRBPII
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll go first.

>GM Ambulance
>LS9 Swapped

Everyone gets out of your way when you turn the lights on and cops won't think to pull you over.

Weight reduction

Bedford Rascal

And the 1 modification, an aux port.

This is actually pretty genius.

have fun with the cops in that thing. you'll be seen a mile away. gotta have something fast, but blends into traffic.

major mod for mine is 3mm apex seals so that shit doesn't explode. ill also have a ton of oil in the trunk

>Blends into traffic
>Rx7
Pick one.

A Boeing.

S73 AMG w140
Mod: Bigger tank

>pretend that it is an s73

Thank. Though it's not entirely original. In the Cannonball Run movie, one group ran an ambulance with the same basic ideas in mind.

can I come with you and blare this?

youtube.com/watch?v=qZGF-3LSjt8&t=301s

alternatively if he doesn't want me, ill get a Toyota super hiace imported and my mod will be a mattress in the back instead of the last row of seats.

2017 Mercedes AMG GLE43.
I'd install a large fuel cell in the rear.

>Until they see MA plates and you're in AZ
You'd need to change plates each state.

>plates

Have fun with the cops as well as a fast as fuck RX7 will be infinitely easier to catch than an 840 hp demon

Have fun as I pass you being arrested in my un-pullable soccer mom suv.

Vehicle of choice (that's me 14 years ago)

Mod: Burt Reynolds drives, I ride passenger.

>no plates
>strip out interior and big ass engine means fast
>big ass car means good for ramming roadblocks
This works.

>One modification

thats acutally smart as fuck. I'll have Chris Harris drive mine.

>road blocks
What? Nigger if you have to go through a police roadblock, you have fucking lost.

Op and Ambulance poster here. user has a point with stripping it out. Would buying it at an auction pre-stripped count as a modification?

Also, you're fucking stupid.

It's on, and I bet we have the most fun.

Chek'd

>not driving
>having more fun

nigga what

Have you ever seen a Burt Reynolds car movie? I rest my case.

Straight.
Fucking.
Line.
Big endurance fuel tanks in the bed, along with a mobile home and a spare driving crew,
> Modification
Considering that cargo doesn't count?
Hybrid drive. Just hook up a battery pack and motor to the main driveshaft, use the existing system to control power to the wheels, and you suddenly have extra power.

You'll get there, but not fast. While everyone else is doing a hundred on the freeway, you'll be trudging up mountains doing 15.
>The point of a Cannon ball run is to do it quickly.

Lincoln Town Car
or
Lexus LS

SRT8 challenger
bigger fuel cell

I already did this but from southern UT to Fairbanks, AK.

I have an '06 Suburban 2500 with the 8.1 in it. I've done a couple mods to it because I take it wheeling in Moab and whatnot, but honestly the thing is a tank, it could've done that run stock. Probably just go with my bush guard, moose are a very real risk.

While they're going around the mountain doing 55 with cops every 100 yards wielding radar guns, I'll be doing a solid 40MPH in a dead straight line, 24/7 between checkpoints.

Deathproof chevy nova with kurt Russell driving

The setup the current record holder had is the best. AMG car that's designed to do high speeds in highways and auxiliary fuel cells so you're not stopping often
Also radar detectors, jammers, live traffic, and a lead car

McMerc SLR

Endurance fuel tank in the trunk.

but i like the idea of having the mod be a driver instead, that'd have to be Jezza himself so we can be racist about each state we drive through

S13 240SX
somehow making the footwell bigger and the steering wheel mount longer so I can actually operate the clutch with my longass legs without feeling like I'm stuck in a coffin

An SL55 is essentially the same thing for a fraction of the price

it's slower, and price is irrelevant in this scenario

>same engine
>same transmission
>same chassis
>what is a pulley swap
You're not gonna need the better handling when going straight

IT'S A THEORETICAL QUESTION, GET OVER SOMEONE HAVING DIFFERENT TASTE

To chase you fuckers down.
87-93 coupe 5.0 foxbody, state trooper edition.

MAJOR MOD- 5.0 Coyote swapped

>impersonating an officer while doing a cross-country street race

wew lad

Eah, as long as I have civilian plates with an antique tag I will hopefully only get in trouble for racing. LARPing isn't a crime unless I turn on the lights and wear a uniform right?

it's been done

1jz-gte swap

Impersonating a German officer (inaccurately by the way) in the US isn't against the law. Neither is the opposite.

Excuse me bitches, coming through.

>I'll be doing a solid 40MPH
you do realize that the current record sits at 28 hours 50 minutes or an average speed of 98mph

yea, how many mpg's does that get again and what octane does it take?

other than that good choice

Don't be dumb, you'd be ruining an SLR when a dirt cheap SL55 can do the same thing

You niggaz forgetting about needing to sleep?

Subaru Outback with tent attachment.

Who /tentgang/ here? Come get comfy with me br/o/s

Stupid and pointless. Might well have the tent freestanding and have your vehicle available without the tent strapped to it.

Rooftop tents take 1/10 the time to set up and close down. Off the ground, easy to level. Plus qts love climbing inside of things to fugg.

2018 Mustang GT with auxiliary fuel cell

427 Cammer Swap. I'm assuming that swap mods come with everything so they can handle the thing right? If not may be screwed.

Also if it can be any car, I want it to be a particular one, the weird 70s orange brown one my family had when I was younger.

>You niggaz forgetting about needing to sleep?
You can sleep at the end of the run. Have three passengers and share duties after every time you fuel

You'd be better off with the V6 - still has enough power and speed, underworked (unlike the ecotoot), and won't burn through gas like the GT.

I am probably the only person ever who like the looks of the pre-facelift E65

Get the 740d, it has 300hp and a wall of torque and it will do 150 mph all night

Super comfy, room for as much fuel as the car wants and as much red bull as i need

doesn't the US have private companies specialized on long distance patient transport?
working together with one of them and fitting an AMG engine in pic related should do the job
if the vehicle has been properly registered it shouldn't be illegal

Yeah, I've seen that movie, too.

>dirt cheap

this isn't about cost.

ohh, that's an interesting idea

Yeah but you're still ruining an SLR

that's subjective.

you do what you want to do with your imaginary car and i'll do what i want to do with mine, k? k. have fun bud!

>imaginary
Not for long buddy

>Burt Reynolds is currently 81
>Had a stunt driver for most scenes
>Not going with the stig.

F

Nah, crossing the us in a black Trans am with Burt Reynolds still tops it in my book. If any driver like that it would be Randy Pobst.

I guess an engine swap to a K-Series if I want to refuel more frequently, but otherwise, stock all the way

Patrick Shnijers would fuck up any of the driver previously mentioned in this thread.

youtu.be/nWRdqabMIEM

a civic with a few simple mods

there's one in that color at a local dealership for 16k. only has 4k miles on it. what do you think of yours?

It's nothing special but also not shit. I got a manual hybrid version and need to refuel approximately once every two weeks or so from commuting to work and back. Maintenance is close to nothing like all the other Hondas out there but in it's life time you might have to replace the battery. I'm not going to lie, it is not fast at all, but very, VERY fun to drive especially on curves. 16k seems to be kinda high as I got mines wiwth ~2k miles for about 15k out the door.

thanks for the info. I currently have a 91 crx and I'm looking to get something to dd while playing with the rex

Probably a Mercury Marauder, the big mod would be a supercharger, and I'd have the taller rear gears (with diff and trans coolers) and a large fuel cell in the tank. Only other mods would be cupholders and maybe a radar detector.

It's a fuckhuge highway cruiser and most of a cannonball run is going to be highway.

Why not a real Veeky Forums cannonball run?

I know only like half of you cunts have real jobs anyhow.

Ram srt10 with a 300 gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Should be enough fuel to make the trip with a cruising speed of 140-150 mph.

>BMW 318ti
>M30 engine swap
See you at the finish line.

Because those who can afford it don't have the time and those who have the time can't afford it.

Because it's expensive, dangerous, and stupid

Didn't it take them like a year of research and blowing through backwoods towns where the po'leez had no-chase?

Nissan 240 with an illegal mod.

you'll be refilling it every 50 miles

>cruising speed

Wouldn't it be...Ramming speed?

E60 m5 of course, it was made for this

and in a boring color like black or silver.

only mod would be smaller winter wheels so it looks like a normal 5 series and i don't get pulled over by association.

Go with grey, if you're looking to avoid cops and that's why you said a boring color, go that route. It's always at least served me the best from avoiding the eye of the police.

with the biggest boat fuel tank i can fit into the trunk

>cops won't think to pull you over
youtu.be/1ILCDeRBPII

Also don't they already have fairly good engines so they can transport people quickly?

Dodge ram with 12 valve Cummins. Major mod would be an auxiliary 100 gallon fuel tank in the bed, with a switch on the dash to switch over to that tank. You could go really far without fueling up.

Ideally I would want a 4bt swapped in something small like an s10 or a ranger w/ the gas tank but we're only allowed 1 major mod

>Home
You do understand that the Run can be made in under 30 hours, right?

I'd do a semi truck with a sleeper hauling a small tanker trailer. My modification would be the most powerful engine possible to let me go 100mph+. And since it's a sleeper I'll be able to do team driving in shifts.

>2003 was 14 years ago

Jesus Christ why did you have to do this to me user

Oh, 14 years has taken its toll on both me and the car. I can't believe it's been that long either, I'm old and boring now. The most interesting thing I do nowadays is post on a taiwanese basket weaving form.

Two crews, so you can get some sleep and not drive tired.

> 30 hours
If you're speeding. Which you won't be, because this sort of 'terrorist activity' will be shadowed by unmarked cars the whole way, with the route lined with speed traps.

Again, 'terrorist activity' means you won't get anywhere if you don't stick to 55 all the way, and will be pulled over every so often to 'check your papers'. Going cross-country in a straight line will work far better.

>team driving in shifts
> Pulled over
> Can I see your logbook?
> Looks like you've been driving two days non-stop
> Without breaks, and your on-duty allowance is only 10 hours each.
> I'll be impounding your truck.
> Also, here's a speeding fine that'll cost you your CDL.

>driving fast makes then entire FBI shadow you in unmarked supercharged police cars for 30 hours straight
Take your meds

*stops for gas every 50 miles

2017 Honda Civic Touring. It's comfy, great features, excellent gas mileage, don't need to mod anything.

Hey, you never said I had to win. I'm just going to enjoy the trip.

Pic related, flux capacitor