/tbcg/ - The Burning Crusade General

Gummy or Warmane, it doesn't matter.
IT'S TIME FOR TBC!

Gummy open beta started
Warmane 5x and 1x going strong

>what is this?
Similar to /elyg/ this is a general specifically for World of Warcraft private servers running The Burning Crusade expansion. Just without the trannies.

>Servers
Warmane Outland, 5x
Warmane Medivh, 1x
Burning Crusade (Gummy), 1x
Wargate and Hellfire (Dead and shit servers)

>Download
Warmane.com/download

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist isn't in read only mode. If this fails download your client from a new website

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

Previous thread:

I'm on Excalibur.. Why hype these new servers that die, when there's been a TBC server for years that's quality?

queue puppers where you at

Add me on Excalibur

Kyriix, alliance. Low level paladin, not planning to stay low level for long.

>10 excalbucks have been deposited into your account.

Are elemental shamans fun to level? No idea if I want to continue my 45 paladin or continue my 20 shaman

>shilling a p2p server in favor of a different p2p server

Nobody cares, I'm not spending a dime, I just wanted the classic content, 2v2 arenas, and the best raiding tiers ever.

well they are if you find a mage that makes you water, or wait till lvl 60 or whatever til you get your water shield

I think so, good range casts, with great instant follow ups.

I'm a sucker for burst damage.

>Wargate and Hellfire (Dead and shit servers)

Why you gotta be jealous of servers that actually work? Face it, only reason people are playing here is because the council decided they wanted to start fresh for the 100th time and everyone else are literal sheep.

How long til they decide to reroll somewhere else?

>every single one of 5k players on the server is a member of the sekrit Veeky Forums club

People from Veeky Forums, sorry I was not clear on that.

but the gummy open beta was may 27, not june 9

>gummy or warmane, it doesnt matter
are you serious?

how do i make the client stop telling me my hardware changed every time i run the damn program?

stop changing hardware

>muh drama muh dead server

lmao there are people that are seriously leveling 1x on gummys beta server

streaming gummy's at twitch dot tv/asgaria

OP was retarded, its june 9.

>comfyleveling on Medivh
>no illusions about endgame content
>just passing the time
>waiting for gummybeta to end
>gonna play there for real when/if it's ready

feels good to not be delusional or pointlessly adversarial

but thats what were all doing user. some people just choose to type words on Veeky Forums instead of comfylevel

Doing the same but on Elysium. You're alright, friend.

Do hope the beta ends fairly soon though. I think months would be overdoing it but I understand that they want it to be perfect and that takes time

>tfw leveling on mediev but will probably quit wow forever at any point

How are SPriests in TBC?

The same "niche/utility" kind of thing they are in Vanilla? I play one in retail at the moment, doubt its anywhere near similar but I like the aesthetic.

Mostly just people asking you to heal.

If you do actually get in as a DPS though, the Mind Control utility often gets overlooked.

Healing + vampiric memes with holy paladins.

I've been playing 5x for the last two days but today I joined the queue early, almost 10 hours ago, and I'm still not in.

Kind of regretting it.

>quests that work on stock mangos (like 95%) work on gummys server
>OMG GUMMY IS PROGRAMMING JESUS PRAISE BE GUMMY OUR LORD AND SAVOIR
fucking americans LMAO

>implying everyone from every region doesnt do this every single time for every single release

umm.. lol?

If ret paladins can get by healing dungeons, can holy paladins get by leveling and questing as holy?

That's a very optimistic estimate anyway.
The ""queue"" moves by around 100 per hour.

You won't play unless the server crashes, or stay in the queue until everyone goes to sleep.

450 is nothing on this server my friend.

Right because the only important factor is if quests function, right?

>3.02 MB, 1920x108
umm.. lol?

what's even the point then if you can't even play when you have the time to

Should've tried Azeroth then...
LOL

why don't you "donate", goy?

The point is to make you donate.

Just going by what closed beta people have said as well as more official fags in their discord, they don't expect the beta to be very long. According to them the level 70 content is pretty solid and they want to make sure the 1 to 58 isn't missing anything they've goofed over.
So that's why Gum said he wants it to last long enough for people to get to 70, but "months" seems like more length than is needed.
I could be wrong.

>an holy paladins get by leveling and questing as holy?
Yep. Paladins can level pretty easily in any spec. It may be smarter to go ret early if you're grabbing verigans fist but it's not that big of a deal. Aoe-grinding in prot is a thing as well but not very realistic in a large pop server or without twinked items (still doable if you want to tho).
But yeah, you an quest in whichever spec the same way you can make health bars move in a dungeon in whichever spec.
Outland I'd go for a more focused spec but at that point you have more than enough points anyhow to have a capable healing/dps spec.

It's a cliche but with paladin while leveling you can "do what you want", really. The biggest deals would be tanking and needing some specific talents if you chose to go for that.

Also i forgot the belf polearm or 2hander that you get at the end of ghostlands chain which if i remember right is worth it, and you'd be unlocking SoC swiftly after that.

>get to 50
>feel the sudden urge to reroll
Guess I won't be raiding any time soon, then.

>50
lol thats like a few hours

Realistically you're doing yourself a favor by trying multiple class/specs to prep for gummy. I know there isn't a better option right now for tbc other than warmane (which already is a ridiculous thing to type) but don't be fooled - 99% of everyone in here will abandon ship for gummycraft assuming the open beta isn't a disaster.
You'll be stuck with the same /wpsg/ dudes who are fun to play with but can't into 1x, and they'll skip back to a lich king server before too long anyhow, depending on which e-celeb initiates shilling.exe

is pve frost mage viable at all? or is it impossible to make work.

>/wpsg/ dudes who are fun to play with
xqz me?

>the council
there isn't even a real Veeky Forums guild, the only one is a doa /elyg/ guild.
stay on wargate or hellfire doesn't matter, they'r both the same shit server with the same shit core.

I mean it's ok when you're first starting out dungeons and heroics to contain everything if shit hits the fan but it's really trash for raiding you'd probably be some 40/0/21 spec but at that point you might as well play destro lock

im using bartender v4, and the xp bar isnt showing up. And its not in the settings menu.

How can i fix this?

tfw no irl or internet friends to play wow with.
maybe ill just not play at all

disable bartender4 addon

>tfw multiple irl friends to play with
>tons of internet friends from old servers

good riddance u fkn nerd

make friends moron. it was actlally possible before wrath of the lich king ruined the game

Literally go into settings > exp bar > enable
Why the fuck do people download addons if they have no idea how to use em

>making friends with random slavs and americans
no thanks

standards are too high. do you wanna play bc with friends or not?

>playing lolten in 2017
whoah.... so this is the retardation of /wpsg/.....

the real question is why people need an addon to show an experience bar
what does bartender even do thats good
reduce clutter?

Oh yeah let me just click on exp bar you fucking retard

>move your bars wherever you want
>control their opacity and fading
>control their scale and # of rows/columns/buttons
>state control that lets your bars show/do something completely different when you press ctrl/shift/alt so you only need 1 bar on screen
>better keybind menu
>lets you hide macro labels
>rangefinder button coloring
>and more

default actionbars with move anything is all you ever need. Bartender will just fuck shit up for you

Yeah, less clutter.
The idea is to customize your buttons/bars, make them smaller, move them wherever, etc. If you like the default then you do not need an addon to manage the xp bar.
For example, i like my xp bar small and at the very top of my screen. I like my abilities small and centered, with additional small bars along the bottom for utility shit. I don't like the micromenu showing, preferring to just use the hot keys since everything is keybound anyhow. Some spells I may want bigger than others to track cds if i'm not using something else to track. etc etc
Everyone likes different shit which is why addons are a thing in the first fucking place.

i dont need to move my bars anywhere
opacity seems like a bad thing, making them smaller is all id want to ever do
you scan scale with default
"better", cmon its not hard to use the default
you can put a space for macro labels in default

rangefinder is good though

>being so retarded you can't even use an extremely simple addon without it "fucking shit up for you"

what are you even talking about

>i like it this way so that means everyone else does or they are stupid heads

they turned off the queue clogger for a minute. Took two hours from 90-60 and then I got in from 60 in a minute.

you don't "need" to do a lot of things but that doesn't mean it's not better

Default UI is fucking ugly and spreads valuable information all across your screen instead of concentrating it. I want my unit frames, bars, buffs, etc to all be right next to each other.

based retard

wow... so this the power of warmane...wow

Then download a different version you fucking idiot
You just wasted 10x more time bitching to me about it than actually solving the problem
Congratulations

It's ok guys, I'll be on Gummycraft and I'll make a guild for everyone, but trannies.

>using the wrong version of an addon and wondering why it doesnt work

>leveling a mage in Wrath
>have to drink every few pulls
>in BC it's even worse

What the fuck, I just want to cast spells.

should I play on warmane or just go to elysium

they're both shit so just pick your poison

>15000 players
>1600 people in queue

>this is a great time to invite your friends and guilds to join WarGate and take advantage of the current x6 EXP boost and upcoming x2 rep boost!
HAHAHAHAHA WHO'S THE FUNSERVER NOW, IDIOTS

uhh, both are?

>NOOO IT'S NOT FAIR, WE ALSO WANT SOME PLAYERS SO WE HAVE EVEN MORE BOOSTED XP THAN WARMANE

Bro, anything but 1x blizzlike is a funserver and you're a fucking idiot if you think otherwise.

>Princ on Outland misses 95% of time in 2nd phase where he's supposed to deal the most damage

LUL

Well, what server isn't shit, then?
Since they probably all are, what servers are by comparison least shit?

Is anyone having trouble using XPerl? I've just been getting a shit ton of those lua error messages.

Anyone know how to fix it, or have a different UI addon to recommend that isn't Pitbull?

>deluded gummygoys
can you blame em? they prolly were still toddlers while scriptcraft was out

these poles really have zero idea what they are doing

every class with mana except hunter/lock is like that

They're all shit for different reasons but warmane and elysium are the most populated to just pick what xpac you want

Which server?

wargate has 9x with raf
LOL... its such a shame though t b h

Yea the server is a fucking joke.
easiest kara in all of pserver history

elysium isnt an xpac

was that really necessary

yes it was.

What are the best DPS classes to have in a 5-man in TBC? I like bringing a decent amount of utility/support to a group outside of just pure damage.

>minmaxing 5-mans

leveling is the worst part of wow. I just want to do challenging endgame not spend months grinding

I just don't want to roll a class that can't find a group because no one wants to take it.