QTDDTOT

I OWN pic related, and when I shift as quick as I can, it makes a squeak sound. Is it just me?

What makes the squeak, the clutch action or the shifter?

I believe it's the clutch. It doesn't happen normally though, only when shifting really fast.

Don't slam the goddamn gears you mustang monkey

It's your foot sliding off the pedal.

Most probably a throw out bearing. If it is not a unlubricated part that goes aling the clutch pedal.

You really think so? It could be, I haven't practiced shifting really quick much, so, wouldn't be surprised if I was making some stupid mistake like that

Have a 97 5 speed. It is most likely just the whatchamacallit that engages and disengages the clutch from the drivetrain squeaking. may be wet, need greased, falling apart, gone, take your pic. But yea don't slam the gears my nigg

I'd like to ask a similar question: When I shift (normal shift, not quick) I can hear my transmission grind and feel it in the shifter. It happens almost always when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, the clutch is fully depressed when this happens. Transmission is a T5 (non world class)

Synchros are going bad.

What can Veeky Forums tell me about the 2006 Lexus Is 220d SE?
I live in Albania looking for a first car. I like how the car looks and I know its basically a toyota so it must be reliable right?
Thing is these are very rare here so I got basically no information about them so tell me what I need to know about em and if theyre worth it to own or not.
Also is 6.5k euro at 200k km too much for them?

Can anyone identify these rims?

Would a rebuild be worth it or should I just pull a newer tranny from a junkyard? (2nd rebuild)

Transmissions are usually not worth it to rebuild. Unless it's rear.

rare* I am retarded

Right, so I've got a 3800 Series II with a 4T60E transmission I want to put in a longitudinal car. What would be the best way of locking the diff? I'd prefer a reversible solution, but if taking a welder to it is the best way I'll do it.

Are the Koreans really stepping up their car game right now like the Japanese in the 80s? It seems like they've gotten really popular and competitive these last few years even though the reputation I've known for them previously is bad to meh.

Completely unrelated question: Are there really any advantages to RWD other than less weight and the ability to throw the back end out for fun times?

Why were 2 strokes used in the past, but not anymore? I think pollution/emissions has something to do with why they are not used now. Does that mean that, if not for that, they would be used? What are their advantages? Are they just cheaper or do they make more power or something?

4 stroke = bang every 2nd upstroke. 2 stroke = bang every upstroke. No valves. Simpler, more powerful per a given displacement, but they need premix or oil injection, run hotter, have a shorter life between rebuilds, and are very dirty.

what are the decimal numbers showing in this pic? also, what is the hamburger looking symbol next to p100?

Pros: Cheaper, lighter, more power, rev higher.

Cons: Super dirty emissions, poor fuel economy, run hot.

They're good for things that run at constant speed for a long time and need to be light. Like outboard motors were all 2-strokes until emissions changed.

This is gas engines we're talking about. 2-stroke supercharged/turbocharged diesels were popular for a LONG time in trucks and things, but they had more in common with the 4-strokes design-wise.

How accurate are edmonds trade in values/private sale values/dealer values on a car?

I found a car i like. Its a private sale. $10k. The owner says hes selling it at a "trade in" value because he keeps getting low balled at the dealership when trying to trade it in. However when i checked an edmonds value it says a trade in value is 7k, and private sale is 8k. Soo? Is he asking too much? Its an 08 g37 with 77k miles on it. What ya think?

This weekend I bought a 2008 Silverado, coming from a 2003 Ranger it's a huge improvement.

Anyway I got XM radio on it and it's great but I wonder if it's free on these trucks or something or will I lose it when the other guy's membership runs out?

Wire size not in American Wire Gauge is the standard units the rest of the world uses its in mm and symbol I have no clue

Its as soon as he cancels/transfers to his new car

Lol

Does anyone know what the part numbers are for the no. 2 and no. 3 solenoid valves found in a '92 SC300's A340E transmission? From what I understand the A340E has been re-worked a few times, with each iteration having different solenoids placed in different positions.

interesting.

i drive a v6 tiburon and i've noticed a few times when shifting up close to the redline there's like a barking sound as i put the clutch in, but it's coming from directly in front of me, and only happens from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th, but not from 1st or from 4th +

mechanically the car is solid as far as my mechanic is concerned, but he doesn't know what the sound is. thoughts?

Found a car advertised with having 53k miles on it.... When i did a free vin check on vehiclehistory it shows it only haveing 26k miles just one months ago.... Wtf??

Is that website a good source for vin checks... It is free...

How reliable are Mitsubishis in general?

the engines are fine
the paint is 0/10 you could do better with a paint roller. it always fucks up and clear peels etc
it kind of depends what you mean

2003 magna
looking at buying one

then the paint is probably fucked by now but it wont break

wait fuck, I meant 2003 mirage

How to I set up my FWD car to corner better?

Just toe-out my rear wheels?

How much should I toe-out the rear wheels, and why?

What do I tell the cashier?
Hey, make sure to tell the guys to toe-out the rear wheels a little; just a little. Not too much, not too little, though.

Also, when would be a better time to do a hand-break turn when there's left foot breaking available?

Should you step on the clutch when doing a Scandinavian Flick?

You don't clutch when you're lead-footing a RWD vehicle, so the stress to the drive train when using a different technique, like Hand-break, isn't so bad in comparison, right?

When you operate the break and throttle, do you use the same heel position every time?

It seems like it'd be most beneficial to have a consistent footing position, especially when you're racing; and it seems like it's just sloppy technique if you don't have consistent footing positions.

Do some people have some tactile footing position indicators in their cars?
If these exist, are they sold somewhere?

So I recently hit anothrr car and did damage to my rear quarter panel and driver side door. I bought a door from the junkyard and put it on but it looks like shit. I finally got myself a nice paying job and in a few months il more than a few thousand saved up. My question is can I just call a shop tell them il give them x amount of money for them to just fuckin fix everything? I want the car to look fuckin mint.

Yes.

>curbed wheel
I got a whole front left side replacement and now it squeaks when I drive. How do I make it stop?