Nioh General -this is what happens when you don't make a new thread edition

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk

I don't understand why this game is so dead.

Would its life have been prolonged if respeccing was impossible?

It's a game heavily predicated on NG+ that for a lot of people runs out of meaningful content by region 3 of the main campaign and that's being generous. By the time I had forced myself through the last region I had already experienced nearly every map several times over and had no interest in doing it again but slightly harder. It doesn't help that the game actively encourages disengagement through its poor loot system and forging mechanics either.

Now that they nerfect ninjustu, what is an easy op build that doesn't require tons of reforging?

ninjutsu is still extremely strong but

tatenashi with a karakawa chest piece
99 stamina
99 magic
genbu
todo clan

Will try that out, thanks

How do I make a Living Weapon build that kills the Last Mission of the game Demon King?
I just got too it and I'm around Level 80 and I have no idea what I should do because I'm getting fucking killed by everything here.

be sure to get 3 stacks of shadowround and 2 stacks each of 3 different elemental shots of your choice, 3 stacks of protection talismans and either extraction or rejuvenation talismans

you probably shouldn't really try to do any builds on regular NG

just look for a set that you think would benefit you to get you through and make it without investing very much into it

What do you guys think is the best way to get money? I'm built for WoTD but farming revenants on WoTS on the Battle of Oashi Bridge for divine items which I dismantle and sell the fragments.

I'm 1 shotting the revs and getting tons of divine items but there must be a faster way

never sell fragments

farm restless spirits

it gives 1.5 million gold per run at sub 2 minutes a run, it also gives up to +16 gear

Thanks. Having a bitch of a time finding it. Mind telling me just what region it's located in

omi

it's one of the 1.06 missions that unlock after beating the game

>kusa + odachi
>pvp autism makes them patch game
>kusa becomes kuso
>odachi becomes...tomodachi(?)

OK so what now? I swapped kusa for 1kat but its so underwhelming.

kusarigama isn't shit just because you can't bladespin anymore

it's still extremely strong

I dunno I miss my "lol no" button. I wasnt even specced into skill damage but to kill 75% of its damage is just foolish. Whats the most skill based way to wreck PVE?Rear damage 1kat?

it only killed most of its damage because all you did was blade spin, dude

if you weren't reliant on blade spin for damage, the nerf wouldn't have even effected you

>Whats the most skill based way to wreck PVE?Rear damage 1kat?
sure, use hino enma helm, paralysis damage on charms, medusa powder, full kingos bonus, aya komori, damage vs enemies with full health and 29.9% iai damage on your 1kat and laugh at your damage

The full set for Ebony Armor gives CTA A stamina.

Is that across the board? If it is, that's awesome. I'm rolling for unarmed on my gauntlets and punching the shit out of everything.

>Is that across the board?
yes, but I don't know if it will effect bare handed damage

I'd advise against going bare handed though
you'll do a lot of damage, but it's really boring

> it's really boring

If you say so. Catching weapons with my bare hands, fisting Yokai and refashioning to the sailor set and being a drunken irish sailor who drinks too much sake sounds fun to me.

>catching weapons with my bare hands
composure is actually fun and does a shit load of damage, but it's pretty gimmicky and the rest of that stuff sucks

fists have a shit moveset and leave you unable to use most of the game's mechanics like ki pulse or stance change

but if you're set on it, go ahead, I won't stop you

I'm up to my eyes in books of reincarnation. It might not be as fun as Axe-mode, but you gotta try everything at least once.

Reduced weight was the best damn stat they added. Full heavy armor and B agility yes please.

They really need to put more patronage level options.

I used a Body build with the Raging Bull set on New Game and I rarely died. Todo clan for good measure.

Wow I didnt know paralysis was even worth a damn, I gave up on it halfway through NG, thanks

50%-100% extra damage on a build already built around 1 hitting things from behind

yeah, it's worth it

it's a little gimmicky, but so is the entire build anyway

What did the patch do to Axe?

I'll have to check it then

Is axe/tachi worth doing or do you screw yourself out of elemental procs?

>1.10 refunded 1.5billion gold, buffed 1kat, axe and increased the glory reward from revenants, yokai realm and visitor co-op

Refund from what? I got a shitload too just not sure why

How do I do the Demon King Revealed?

describe it

Basically I think I'm investing way too much into Spirit because I wanted to be reliant on LW but honestly that isn't working out too much for me and I was hoping to ask around about what I could do via point investment.

Have you tried equipping amrita stones to your hotbar and eating them to charge LW?

Depends on how much you spent on the blacksmith.

I do but I think that LW in general doesn't do enough damage for me

How jesus fucking long does bastard it take fucking to calcu-cocking-late the shitting score

if a damage bonus on my active ranged weapon affects my melee weapon, is the reverse also true?

do other effects also apply?

If I have water ailment augmentation on my melee weapon and the clan that adds +15 water to my bow, will it make it easier to inflict saturate with ranged attacks if I have that melee weapon out?

guys how the fuck do I get a CTA Heart affix for an odachi

should I just go to Isle of Demons on WotStr and hope revenants drop good shit?

you'll probably find a heart inheritable there, yeah

why do you want that

Stop dying fags

Saoirse is hot

I heard they nerfed equipment weight damage bonus, did they do it and if they did how hard it got nerfed? Should i bother getting it on armor if i already have it on weapon?

Because for an average soulsbab learning the battle system is too hard and you cannot gank noobs here

>souls general still not dead
>this general keeps dying
fuck videogames

it it me or did they really boost the amount of glory from random encounter? i swear i just got like 19k from a late game way of the demon mission

the controller reading in this game is almost as gay as dark souls 3s

I've been having a shit time with input lag on MP lately. Not often, but like every 2 - 3 games just a second behind (either my inputs are slow, or the game speeds up to catch up).

Anyone else? Just me?

Still the best spirit

i havent tried blue dragon yet, whats good about it?

Can anyone explain me how odachi skills work? Do they allow you to continue the combo or something?

I too could use a primer... I'm level 300 and looking to try something new / different.

Thx

most of the skills are end of combo (either end of strong attack combo with square or end of quick attack combo with triangle)

for any of these end of combo moves, you can do a strong or light attack from an entirely different stance and it actually switches your stances

so you end up being able to stitch together combos that alternate between multiple stances

Ohh, interesting, so you're high stance quick attack combo, if skilled correctly, will switch you into low by ending the combo with a strong attack?

Anyone on youtube done a good tutorial?

it's really not as complicated as you think it is

just buy all of the skills for stance switching and play around with the skill customization for a little while

ha, story of my life right here... way over think it, realize my folly after diving in.

whatever skill customization you go with (because you have the option of going from any one stance to any other from the end of a strong or quick combo), it's worth foregoing the mid stance quick attack combo switcher in favor of charging bull.

same probably goes for twin moons in high stance