What does Veeky Forums think of paddle shifters?

What does Veeky Forums think of paddle shifters?

Terrible and for plebeians.

The mechanism itself is the best implementation of shifting for autos. Unfortunately, paddles do not a great transmission make. Not everything is PDK.

My friend's Hyundai has them as part of their double clutch box. I understand this is probably the worst possible example of a dct ever in human history, but I can kind immagine how a better one would work. EXTREAMLY boring. Like playing a videogame. Exactly the same ( actually the Hyundai is worse) as "manual mode" in my automatic VW

Superior in performance inferior in experience

I love them and always use mine. If you think of it more as telling the car you want to be in X gear vs this replaces manual it's awesome.

I think the manual stick transmission is a meme. It sucks ASS for every day driving. Unless you're going through country roads on the weekend I don't see why you'd want manual, and I currently own cars with both stick and auto.

So..

Daily = auto with paddles
Weeekend Fun = stick

Useful for overtaking or engine braking on an automatic.

Good if they're mated to a proper DCT or a sequential. If they're mated to a shitty TC slushbox with a 2 second delay then they can fuck off, You might as well leave it in D.

>Good if they're mated to a proper DCT or a sequential
100% this

i can imagine its cool in some supercars to play with once in a while but generell its useless because its not fun and the computer shifts better.

i know this is the 2nd gen is350 because i have one
the shifting in that car is awful really really slow and clunky on downshifts

Another thing I can add to my list of "shit I will bump when spinning the wheel" right behind the windshield wipers

Better than shifting like some stupid nigger

Gayer than a Miata owner giving a gay blowjob.

GAAAAY

My Fit has them.
They're great for highway travel since you quickly downshift to pass, and they're great in traffic since you can coast in first (Fit has a very short first gear, so it's constantly shifting in stop and go traffic).

>I think the manual stick transmission is a meme. It sucks ASS for every day driving. Unless you're going through country roads on the weekend I don't see why you'd want manual, and I currently own cars with both stick and auto.
I DD and commute with a manual transmission, sometimes in stop and go traffic, and it's a lot more fun, even in the stop and go traffic.
Stopping and going is boring as fuck, at least with a manual, I have something to do.

You can do that with every single PRND32L or whatever automatic.

>non responsive manual shift

lexus changed that with the 3rd gens

I think it's largely a gimmick especially when they're integrated into a cvt

They can do great things if they are on a Dual Clutch transmission or a quality sequential transmission
Paddle shifters on CVTs are dumb

>Paddle shifters on CVTs are dumb
Paddle shifters on CVTs are pointless... CVT is a 1-speed transmission.
For the Accord Sport, Honda did "digital gears."

I have Tiptronic shift buttons on my Audi. They're pretty useless, if you're going straight they're fine but in a sharp hand over hand turn they're hard to find. More fun to use shift knob anyway.