/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

HD fishing edition

>Notice
An ongoing banwave has targeted 3DS systems with custom firmware. Still no confirmed correlation between all bans at this time.

>News
Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.
XX Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v3: my.mixtape.moe/uixtrs.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

monsterhunterdos.weebly.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Azure Rathalos!

Remove anime. Go back to the 4th gen philosophy.

This should be our last thread

>remove anime
>go back to 4th gen

?

New to 4U, wonder which weapon i should pick. Contemplating Bow, Glaive and Longsword as i want something quick and mobile while not too upclose and personal. Got any thoughts on them? I'm playing on oldschool 3DS so no camera-clit or anything.

Digital D-pad on right-top, thumb on X, index on DDP, best for bow.

I suggest Bow. It's the only weapon that I'm loyal to after using the three said weapons.

Weak bait.

That sounds confusing... does it mean my index and thumb are crossed? Sounds hella uncomfortable.

You can do it, user! I have faith in you!

Left thumb on left, move using circle pad and aim using d-pad(got to stop moving for aim). Right index finger on R to charge and left thumb for X to enter aim mode.

Kinda crossed, not exactly, try it out, it's not uncomfortable, just adjust the DDP.

Is this true, /mhg/?

>tfw still not banned

Tri was somehow just as fun as FU imo the online community was just something special

Only with 3U the community went to shit, really.

Yeah not much can be done about it now

We can at least say the truth instead of letting shitposters and bitter newfags try to rewrite history.

What episode is Hanako in?
I only want to download that episode!

i don't even know where i can watch this

bamp

stop bumping this thread or i will kill you

You'd rather have /charlottegeneral/?

If i want to try this game and i only have a psp which one should I play?

P3rd

FU

Bullshit hitboxes but all star roster and to some people the peak or the series: Freedom Unite

Easiest game in the series, but refined gameplay, graphics and weapons: Portable 3rd

You forgot that the latter is the actual peak of the series together with Tri.

3U is better than both, unless you're some kind of texture aficionado. Still the difficulty dilemma is real.

>Tri
lmao

Don't lump your Nintendo thrash together with P3rd or FU

Tri/Dos/4u>FU>3U/P3rd>everything else

Ugh dem hitboxes tho. Not the worst list I've seen though, pretty good taste. The real problem with Tri of course is having just 18 monsters.

wait, FU and 3U got reversed

All the games have awful hitboxes. The newer ones have smaller than model hitboxes so everyone applaud them when they didn't get hit

And half the weapons, and dead online (same goes for Dos)

Some hitboxes are ironic though, such as the wyvern hip check. Japan eats that shit up and would complain if they took it out.

Is Dos fully playable via rom mods and such?

I just moved from Monster Hunter 4U to Generations, why does it feels like shit?

Because they are designed on a gameplay mechanic basis, not based on realism

monsterhunterdos.weebly.com/

I really don't mind that in any way. I unironically love the 90 degree turning mechanic too. Overall I have very few complaints about any 4th gen hitbox, and 3rd gen's were pretty solid too. If anything I wish Diablos' legs had stayed buff.

Just play frontier

Because it IS shit, and XX fixes nothing.

Sorry, I'm not into AoE whizz.

The only way to make Dos playable is to be able to completely reinvent the controls. Fuck attacking with the analog.

Parts bin remake with lower budget. Very predictable result. XX did at least polish things, just.

>Not playing bow

Yeah that comes after the dos part

I never tried it out, but I tried bowguns thinking I could get around the awful controls. But no, you still use R3 to shoot, when iirc there's two face buttons to sheathe your weapon.

>parts bin remake with lower budget
>highest amount of new content in a new mh non numbered game ever

Yeah, Frontier free demo is really good but don't go past High Rank and don't use the OP gear they give you. Past 8.0 frontier is pure garbage.
Stick works like the string

Oh yes, like Limit Break!

Yes, new content need money

>P3rd
why do sony ponys now pretend 3rd was grate in eny form?

Shit is the easyest MH game to date and yes even Gen was harder.
I get FU grandpas but 3rd was just a crapy 3U.

>ib4 no whater
yes lets criple all this maps and make them look horrible compared to tri

I want to ____ this cat!

Train!

As a person who owns 3U and 4U. It's great because it's free and can be played in HD with a proper controller.

Technically 3U and 4U are also free

F1 is the easiest game

Im about to buy Gen for the first time and have a few questions. If I have a physical copy of Gen can I transfer data to XX? I have never hacked a 3ds xl before. Does backing up your save file on powersaves work on Gen?

So what weapons are going to be the best for brave style?
GL and LS look ridiculous from what I've seen

>XX will have crossplay between switch and 3ds
>XX has internet fees while 3ds doesn't
but muh hd graphics I hate being poor

The game is also free on 3DS

>Implying those games are free at all
Tell me your names

MHXR is free

>frostpeak trunkspines

Upgrading these weapons is a pain.
Finding rooms that aren't doing super or G5 is also time consuming.

>Xplay

When searching for MHXX /mhg/ rooms, how do I know if it's /mhg/ or random jap rooms? I don't want to accidentally join a discord room either.

Because the room should be labeled /mhg/. You're not going to find many private gathering rooms in the first place and the pass isn't going to work on random nip rooms.

Last I checked there weren't any rooms with spaces up.

has been a few days since the bans occured.

who still not banned here?

You wouldn't want to tempt fate, boyo

Still no ban here

Second wave may still come this week, so don't think you're safe just yet

I've been playing all day today.
Feeling pretty comfortable to be honest.

Wouldn't you want to do G5/super though? Those are the only ones where you can get them in quest rewards. 1 per fight otherwise takes forever.

I dont feel safe but not playing isnt an option either

same. Ive been playing every day since the bans happened and no ban yet.

I can't trust randoms to not die.
No chance am I joining super rooms.

G5 on the other hand is time consuming, and I haven't had the best experiences with randoms.
If it wasn't a multi monster quest I'd be all over it.
Too many times will people get taken by the Tigrex just as the fight starts, and then the slight mess up that happens during Frostpeak costs us the hunt.
Overconfident gunners and Blademasters that stand under the Gammoth as it rears up on it's hind legs.

I don't know why people haven't figured out yet that you escape towards his back legs, not away from the stomp

Yeah, I figured. I had the same experience. Tons of failed G5s when I could've done several G2/3/4s in the meantime.

I guess that they're just unsure whether or not it's going to do a stomp or sit on it's ass instead.
Catches them off guard.

Thankfully I'm not too far off from finishing. Just need to upgrade my IG, SnS and LS.

Did they do the 'difference in mat tier in between quest tiers in the same rank' thing again with this game

That's about as comprehensible as "did anyone ever go so far as to do want etc"

I mean, do monsters in later quest tiers in g rank drop higher tier materials than the same monsters in lower quest tiers in g rank?

No. When have they ever done that?

>highest amount of new content in a new mh non numbered game ever

Were you thinking of 4U or what

Like that midquest supply drop that nobody uses.

I want to mating press Miss Cat!

4U only has steve and gogma as completely new things. There's a bunch of subs if you count those. Gen has maccao, the fated four, and squid, as well as a bunch of "subs".

Then you should be comparing 4 to Gen if you're going to do that. But just compare XX to 4G for a completely fair analysis. The games come in pairs, you do realize.

I want to BE the tuna!

I'm not the one who brought up 4U. Fact is, Gen has more new stuff than 4U.

The 3D totally not clashing with the cel shading at all.

Most people here went from 3U straight to 4U so they had alot more of new things to experience such as
>Spider and it's sub
>Gore and Shaggy
>Steve
>Gogma
>Zamtrios and its Sub
>Seltas and Seltas Queen
>Narajala and it's Sub
>Oroshi Kirin
>Dalamadur and Shah D.
>Tetsu and it's Sub
I'm getting lazy here but you get the point going from 4U to Gen Capcom didn't add much other than what you listed

>mh4u
>using hbg with 2 other gunners and ig user
>fight tigrex
>ig gets mad cause no mounts and barely any hits in
>host post akantor
>same deal only he carts twice
>back in lobby he's sperging out calling us scrubs
>host says in broken english "must you leave now" then kicks ig
>continue comfy hunts and finish getting parts for my mixed set.

Remember, always have a pocket gunner set folks.

Don't care about your retarded comparison or misplaced pedantism. If you would like to have a serious discussion, it's 4th gen vs 4.5th gen.

Time for hugs!

Is MH5 going to be on PS4, or should I just give up on this series? Horizon and Toukiden are pretty much the perfect MH clones anyway.