Just signed the papers and bought my self a '02 buick century with 22k miles for $2,900...

Just signed the papers and bought my self a '02 buick century with 22k miles for $2,900. I could see nothing visibly wrong with it, no rust, oil looked fine, engine sounded good. Gonna drop it off at my mechanic this week and have him look at it as well. Did I do good Veeky Forums?

>taking it to a mechanic after buying

youre supposed to do that first

and yeah grandma you did fine

>22k miles
unprecedented, you did more than good.

is there a pic of the car?

>used car dealers
>ever letting you take it to a mechanic
My friend you don't need take to meckanic I give good deal just for you my friend

>22k
That's fake you got fucked.

Is there something I'm missing here?
Of all cars, why something so boring?

Even if it was something for commuting, you could have bought a nice lexus for $3k... or literally anything that would of been less bland than an early 2000's buick.

I never understood these type of cars other than being obvious boomer-bait.

I'm going to safely assume OP might know this
I mean let's think about this for a second.
Either
A: Previous owner bought the car, literally essentially never drove it. Leaving it around dead for 15 years which is terrible for the car.
Or
B:Amahd the friendly salesman turned the miles back to 22k. Which is an odd number, like it's pretty unbelievably low so I don't know why he thinks he can get away with that. Leading me to believe it was some ludicrously high number.

Because a 3K Lexus isn't a 3K Buick when it comes to upkeep

It's got the Buick 231/3.8 in it. Take care of it and it won't die. Ever.

>02 century

it's got the 3.1L in it
put 100k on it and scrap it, because that's all a 60* will be after 100k

Not OP but I got a 09 Altima for 4.5k and 50k miles.

It seemed too good to be true. and i still bought it.

How fucked am i when it completely blows up on the highway one day.

>not trusting used car dealers
Fag.

Prepare to enter the eternal conflict you won't love the gas milage but you'll love the America I have a 99 grand marquis and I went from a 97 tdi. I'm literally autistic about my daily and can't handle the economy but can't handle anything small anymore

For all you know you could have bought a car with a salvage with a rebuilt engine, thus why only 22k miles

Ahh, fuck. Yeah, that think is a piece of shit. Damn.

I did nearly the same a couple years ago. Mine was a 98 with 56000 miles for $1000..im now up to 78000 and have done very little to it aside from maintenance. Planning on selling after winter for probably $1000

Where do you live where you can find a "nice lexus" for 3k? People still want 5 or 6 grand even for a '95 with 350k.

Mileage is scary low OP. Otherwise, great cars.

>Sister's 02' Buick Century with the 3.1 has 264k on the clock
>Was driven by a female, throttle was treated as a toggle switch
>Still moves under its own power but the transmission is shot

>Brother's 01' Century with the 3.1 has a little over 200k on the clock
>Zero maintenance besides the annual oil change since he got it in 2013
>Still somehow mechanically sound

>I never understood these type of cars other than being obvious boomer-bait.

They're extremely cheap and reliable cars if you want a DD that's roomier and comfier than a Civic (or similar) but without drastically higher running costs.

>the 3.1L
Can easily be swapped for the 3.4.

>a whole .3 more

I sold on 06 (don't remember how many miles) for $2500. Perfect condition, no rust on the rocker panels like 90% have here Michigan. Be prepared these cars are boring af

amen. fuck GM trash

>Boring AF
They'll take a ton of abuse in the service trails. Inspect all the strut towers and coils thoroughly.

My brothers car has been abused since '13
See; >Front coil broke and ate through the sidewall on the front passenger tire

Pic semi related, my Bros girlfriends car
>She bought it for $400
>No visible rust on the rockers, fenders, or the undercarriage
>Guy was generous enough to give her two brand new rear strut assemblies
>Upon pulling carpet and wheel well skirts rust appear

I hate Michigan.