>must change the engine oil
>must replace the oil filter
>must replace the air filter
>must replace the fuel filter
>must replace the cabin filter
>must replace the spark plugs
>must tune the engine
>must check level and refill brake fluid/clutch fluid
>must check Brake Pads/Liners, Brake Discs/Drums, and replace if worn out.
>must check level and refill power steering fluid
>must check level and refill Automatic/Manual Transmission Fluid
>must grease and lubricate components
>must inspect and replace the timing belt or timing chain if needed
>must check condition of the tires
>must check for proper operation of all lights, wipers etc.
>must check for any error codes in the ECU and take corrective action.
>must wash the vehicle and clean the interiors.

Owning a car seems to be such a hassle.

Is it even worth it?

All that stuff is fun to do though, you virginlord

you dedicate free time to learning to read moon runes, fuck off weeb

No you don't
just stop being poor and pay someone else to do it

>must take a shit
>must eat food
>must drink water
>must wipe your ass
>must breathe air
>must take a piss

Being alive seems like such a hassle, right OP?

Take the easy road and kill yourself

What even is this thread, all of that can be done in a day if you arent a child that needs someone else to do everything for you. Keep the bait on the lap time threads

Sounds familiar, this is the dialogue in my head daily.

If owning a car is a hassle for you stop breathing and inhale your exhaust pipe with your lips mounted on the shaft.

You are a poorfag and I can tell it because you think my main concern is money.

My main concern is time.

Here's a quick lesson you stupid twat.

Rich people can buy anything, anything but time. The clock is always ticking. Life is about experiences and you can't experience as much as you would if you did not spend a whole day in the garage every fucking week.

If cars took care of themselves you wouldn't appreciate them. You thrive on things that are broken. Just like women. I only date girls with daddy issues.

You must obviously not have money if you think that is how it works

>what is drop off
>what is complimentary car

>spend a whole day in the garage every fucking week.
thats what you get for buying a mid 00s american car dork

Jokes on you my car tells me when it needs something and I just take it into the dealer where they do it for free until 2021.

yeah if you don't enjoy doing those things it kinda sucks. but even if you don't like it a lot of these things are really simple and don't take much time at all, and if you have a maintenance schedule you can keep an eye on it makes managing things like this a lot easier and if you keep it up your car will run and stay in good shape longer and then you'll get more worth out of it and blah blah blah

if i lived in a city with public transportation that wasn't essentially decorative or that had safe bike lanes i probably wouldn't own a car.

>must have a job
>must get up in the morning to go to work
>must actually travel to some work place
>must be civil to people instead of trolling them
>must obey some boss telling me shit
>must actually do work
>must have work quality that is acceptable to other peoples' asshole standards
Work is such a hassle. Is it even worth it?

>Owning a car seems to be such a hassle.
>Is it even worth it?
When self driving cars become the norm, you will have to do these things or else your warranty is cancelled due to deliberate abuse of the car. Self driving cars will track their condition and tell you maintenance is required by a certain date in order to keep the warranty.

>must be civil to people instead of trolling them
this one shits me
>some guy is acting cunty
>i'm supposed to let it slide like it's no big deal

The thing about self driving cars is that they might phone home the data. Your insurance company sees it and raises your rates. Or the insurance company says the compensation check for your latest auto accident is reduced because your engine was not in proper operational order. It was only worth half a normally functioning engine, so they will only compensate half the amount.

This
Rich people can go eat lunch while the poor dude that changes oil all day without a lunch break checks all of those things for them.

This guy is making alot of sense

I drive VAGshit and I don't even blow a whole day in the garage every month. All of that maintence is occasional, some.of it being stuff you only do at intervals of tens of thousands of miles, and a lot of it takes under 60 seconds.
You miss out on more life experiences by not being able to reliably get yourself where you want to be when you want to be there. That is unless you live somewhere with a very good light rail system and nothing you want to do is ever outside of that city. So, basically if you live in Paris, owning a car isn't worth it. Everywhere else it is.

its not like that happens all at once.

Experience doing that shit yourself. It's fun and leaves you with a sense of accomplishment.

If not, then I don't really blame you for wanting to do other stuff with your time

Half of that shit is preventative maintenance, the other half you don't even bother with unless theirs an issue.

>waah I have to maintain the highly complex machine powered by small explosions.

Fucking millennials.

>is functioning in life even worth it?
It's either that or killing yourself. Make up your mind.

Cars are really incredible things when you think about it, people complain about maintaining them and don't understand what a miracle of engineering they are.

Not all of us millenials are lazy cunts

>must have a job
Stopped reading

>he can't afford quantum consciousness transfers

>>must change the engine oil
every 3-5kish miles. takes 5 minutes
>>must replace the oil filter
when you change the oil. again, 5 minutes tops.
>>must replace the air filter
30 seconds to two minutes, depending on the car
>>must replace the fuel filter
2 minutes and a set of wrenches
>>must replace the cabin filter
depends on vehicle. some don't even have one.
>>must replace the spark plugs
this is the only semi-valid one. some vehicles it's a bitch, others it takes 5 minutes.
>>must tune the engine
why? unless you're modding the engine, in which case this whole argument is null and void
>>must check level and refill brake fluid/clutch fluid
checking both of those takes 10 seconds. if you're consistently running low on fluid then fix your shitbox because its leaking somewhere

cont.

>>must check Brake Pads/Liners, Brake Discs/Drums, and replace if worn out.
oh no, you have to replace wear items? who'd a thunk it?
>>must check level and refill power steering fluid
again, fix your shitbox
>>must check level and refill Automatic/Manual Transmission Fluid
AGAIN, fix your shitbox
>>must grease and lubricate components
...such as? unless you're driving down flooded out roads and trhough creeks on the daily you really don't need to grease shit on the reg.
>>must inspect and replace the timing belt or timing chain if needed
timing belts are simple. timing chains don't need shit unless they're making noise in which case you've probably got bigger issues.
>>must check condition of the tires
are you really this lazy?
>>must check for proper operation of all lights, wipers etc.
because changing a lightbulb/windshield wiper is difficult amirite?
>>must check for any error codes in the ECU and take corrective action.
is the check engine light on? no? then you're fine
>>must wash the vehicle and clean the interiors.
I don't even want to know what your living arrangement looks like if taking an hour or so to wash your shitbox is a hassle to you. it took me maybe half an hour to completely clean my XJ top to bottom, and that's including degreasing the motor.

baste

>Huehuehue I'm so glad I don't have to change my oil! Watching netflix is so much more constructive and a worthwhile use of my time!
>Rotating tires? That's for poor people! Us rich boys enjoy going to get ice cream!
TL;DR there's no "correct" way to spend time. Some people like working on cars, and if you don't then go prep the bull instead.

This is something that I contemplate daily.

azunyan!~