Mitsubishi

Is there a company selling cars in America with a crappier lineup than Mitsubishi?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DD_Mk1dvLSo
youtube.com/watch?v=dJkmAFi0nI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone ride in a mirage? How was it? Lol

hyundai

Tesla

How on earth is Hyundai worse?

>at least he's still smiling through his pain

Mazda

I hate Jeep's lineup. I'd buy a Mitsubishi before I bought a Jeep.

I don't hate SUVs, but there's nothing appealing about anything Jeep makes.

dodge/ford/chebby

except people actually buy their stuff and they can afford performance cars, sorry that shitsubishi is getting btfo weeb

Have they even made a normal car over 300hp yet? They're just so meh. But I guess university and college chicks need something cute to drive.

The Grand Cherokee is one of the better looking suv's on the road and the hellcat jeep is okay but they're still Dodges... Every other Jeep is some mutated Fiat variant. And don't even get me started on fucking Wranglers.

I haven't seen a Mitsubishi in the states in 10 years. They left right around the time Kia started showing up

surprised Mitsubishi is still clinging onto dear life in the American market. I thought they were on their way out.

Nissan.
>CVTs everywhere
>only things without CVTs are trucks and sports cars

Can vouch for the WK2 Grand Cherokee. While everything before those seemed to be unreliable buckets of shit, Jeep seemed to hit their stride with the WK2 and build a decent upmarket capable 4x4 that's pretty damn reliable. Kind of a cross between a 4th gen Pajero and a Discovery 4. Bar maybe a Wrangler (which doesn't interest me anyway) wouldn't touch anything else in the Jeep line up.

See them a lot in New Zealand. Mirage, Pajero, Outlander and Triton mainly. Plus the odd old Evo. The new ones seem to be rarer.
Always preferred Subaru, but I'll be sad to see Mitsu go some day.

Where on earth do you live? I live in the Twin Cities, and while I doubt Mitsubishi cracks the top 10 in brand popularity, there are a number of Mitsubishi dealerships here and I see them regularly.

Not American but over here it's quite popular, mind you not those shitbox hatchbacks but the mitubishi SUV's like the Pajero.

In Australia we have full sized Mitsubishi as well like the Mitsubishi magna or 380 which are still quite popular and the lancer which IMO looks gay as fuck but it's still popular.

>Subaru

I can't bring myself to buy a Subaru because I've heard things about their reliability streak.

>SEVENTY-EIGHT HORSEPOWER

it's fucking slow, like tractor acceleration under load but with none of the towing capacity

It's a brand new 3 cylinder car with the same power to weight ratio as a 3 cylinder Geo Metro.
How do you think it is?

Genesis begs to differ.

The Genesis coupe is dead, and Genesis split off into its own brand

So many people have said this, but it's so true: "other than the evo, there is literally nothing I care about that comes from mitsubishi"

And even then, I'd take an STI over an EVO any day of the week. So why are they even bothering?

The same goes for Nissan. The 350/370z, are cool I guess, but I'd never own one. The GT-R is something I could probably afford if I sold my other cars, but why? To have something as impractical as a 2+2 coupe with ridiculous ownership costs? No thanks. I could buy something cheaper and have as much fun without killing my bank account.

The only brands I care about these days are Mazda, Subaru, and maybe Ford.

The rest either lost their way, like Honda/Acura, or are just not worth it, like European and Korean brands.

Chrysler can go eat a dick. Chevy is okay I guess, but I'm not that interested.

Have an '03 WRX wagon that was in Japan until 2011.
Literally nothing has gone wrong with it despite doing 35,000 KM a year. Highways, B roads, offroad, all wonderful.

All the fucking mitsubishi dealers in my area closed down so I had to drive 2 hours away twice in the past 6 months because of two safety recalls. One of the recalled part (windshield wiper motor) literally failed on me right as I was driving to get it fixed. I have no sympathy for Mitsubishi after they killed the Evo and hope they die a slow, agonizing death in all markets.

Ironically it's one of their better cars despite terrible reviews. It's like 12k out the door with power everything, 40mpg, 100k mile warranty, and a good turning radius

It's the thinking mans 3k civic

Where do you live? I see mitsubishi galants everywhere, and I see the occasional Lancer and Lancer Evo

Hold my beer lol

Carlos Ghosn who saved Nissan from bankruptcy by ruining Nissan's product portfolio is now at the head of Mitsubishi> They'll return to profitability soon. Just don't expect anything good.

Southwest Ohio. They used to be as common as Kia's, until Kia started showing up 07/08

Rented one as part of a package deal with a low budget airline, it was depression on 4 wheels. You put the peddle to the floor and the car considers accelerating. Not that you would ever bother but it would be interesting to put a turbo on and see if it's even redeemable from a performance standpoint.

youtube.com/watch?v=DD_Mk1dvLSo

The Mirage really seems like the car for a person that doesn't care about driving at all but their inclined to purchase something new. It's the North American Dacia Sandero if you ask me.

Closest market competitor is the base Fiesta S with a MSRP of $13.6K, but it's got manual windows and slightly worse fuel economy. The fit's too pricey and the Rio is just kinda there, and the later can't hit 40 mpg. The main thing I can legitimately complain about with the mirage is the 0-60 time which is horrendously terrible.

The mirage has abysmal passing power but for the average commuter who simply needs an a to b car, it's perfect. My mom has one, admittedly it's awful to drive but certainly if you're just grocery shopping it's okay. Definitely drives better than any hybrid ironically. So it at least leaves some semblance of driving character as opposed to a brain numbing prius.

I'm glad my mother got one because it's cheap, has great warranty, she won't have to suffer through headache inducing 90s shitbox problems, and since day 1 till now at about 70k, hasn't needed anything but normal maintenance.

From that standpoint it sounds like a US market Kie car, which makes sense if drivers like your mom are the intended demographic.

In canada we also get the nissan micra which is even cheaper despite having 3 digit hp.
youtube.com/watch?v=dJkmAFi0nI4

we never got the micra in the states, somehow we got stuck with the versa

>Implying there's anything wrong with a kei car.

I don't have any problems with kie cars, but in North America I would take a base model Fiesta over a Mirage but that's just me

What the Japanese MFGs should do is bring their kie cars over to the US with proper engines and turbos so they're aren't dangerous to use on the freeway. I think we're hopefully gonna see something like this with the Tyotoa S-FR concept and the Honda S1000

>kei car in the US

a fedora tip on wheels

>STi over Evo
Luckily we don't really care what some faggot calling himself a girl thinks.