Hey there, Veeky Forums. Not a regular here, but I'm looking to get my first car soon...

Hey there, Veeky Forums. Not a regular here, but I'm looking to get my first car soon, what's something that I can get that'll last me a long time? Preferably something sporty, price range of 5-6k.

MX-5

Sticky is your friend if you're in the US.

Is there a certain year I should look at?

'89-96

newest MX5 in your range. different user btw

So any reason why other user recommended an older one?

94-97 for the 1.8. Avoid a 90-91 if they can't tell you the shortnose crankshaft has been fixed

>Not a regular here, but I'm looking to get my first car soon
You may want to consider getting a cheap 1k car in case you crash. And after you crash that one, you might want to consider getting another 1k car so that in case you crash that one, you wouldn't have lost so much money.

Maybe after that, get yourself a 3k car so that when you crash, you can repair it if the repair is cheap.
Drive that for a while, and if you don't crash it, you could start modding it, so that even if you do crash, rather than losing an expensive car, you just lost a few grand and maybe 2 or so more in mods.

civic for 3k.

I have been driving for a while, I just don't own my own car. Not too worried about crashing.

Popup headlamps

Not to mention that you can get mods from the car you crashed and put those into another car

Get a Commodore or falcon cunt. Best first car you can get.

Update: Consider the fact that I am 6'4". I cannot fit in an MX-5

Jetta?

Checked it out more thoroughly. I can't for in that. I'm 6'4"

I dont know why everyone ignored my recommendation of the sticky.

Most seem to be a bit out of my price range.

>jetta
>longevity
just get a corolla.

They're cheap as fuck, what are you on about?

IROC-Z Camaro
It fucking eats petrol though.

Assuming America, I would say a used Civic SI (avoid 9th gen) or 1995-1998 240sx if you find a clean one (good luck).

If you need parental approval, the Civic is a easier sell. Avoid any German brands used, stick with Japanese for a first used sports car.

Nissan 350z's can be had for cheap, tough finding one that isn't beat on, and don't buy a auto thinking you can convert to manual later. The actual body metal is different between the two, so cutting is involved to convert to a manual.

imo a honda fit sport is one of (if not the) best first cars

generally speaking I feel like it's hard to go very wrong with something semi-recent from honda/toyota