Why are Supras so expensive in Amerifat? Is it really because of Paul Walker?

Why are Supras so expensive in Amerifat? Is it really because of Paul Walker?

Other urls found in this thread:

rarecarsforsaleblog.com/2014/05/05/holy-grail-of-supras-low-mileage-anthracite-hardtop/
youtube.com/watch?v=a6FmUpbLwHY
youtube.com/watch?v=sFW0VTLicXM
youtube.com/watch?v=YvjTAmZ59NI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yep

most supras sold in burgerland were automatic non turbos so any supra actually worth buying is a shit load of money. but yes, also paul walker tbqhf

how much would it cost to manual-swap and turbo non turbos?

Even the autos are ridiculously expensive. Couldn't find any non-turbos for sale

Probably the best platform for modding to have ever existed.

Burgers actually pay that for a supra? Kek.

anything is possible with $500
As for OP's question, its a matter of any pop culture featuring a supra as well as Instagram bros insisting that its the greatest Japanese car ever made (when they arent sucking the R34's dick). There are better ways to acquire a JZ model engine for much less money. You also wont get thumbs up from every snapback wearing basketball-american that passes by in their genesis if you drive something else like an IS300 or GS

Because most are riced to hell and people will pay a lot for an unmolested bone stock car.

Yes, Your cheap ass TE37's, body kit and fart car are rice. It's not "clean".

>TE37s are now considered "rice"
this user again.
lmao

rarecarsforsaleblog.com/2014/05/05/holy-grail-of-supras-low-mileage-anthracite-hardtop/

please neck yourself as well as your entire family you busriding retard

>TE37's
>rice

pick one

you're a cuck harry!

Literally the most overused rim in existance. They look alright on some cars and they might not be rice but jesus christ there are so many other options out there. Everybody insists on making their car look like everyone elses

Cause of faggots like you buying them and then wrapping them around trees

4k for a trans, 4k for an engine out the door with all the little bits and pieces. round up to 10k for extras.

Bland? Maybe. But at least they're not gaudy.

not that many wheels look good on the generation Supra. But TE37s look perfect on the Supra as well as a lot of other cars.

a lot of celica gt four's run these wheels yet i don't see you bitching about it.

they are "overused" for a reason

they look fucking fantastic and they are of high quality.

I see alot more supras then I do gt fours, and there is nothing I love more than a car with rallying history. the TE37's do look great on cars like but youve seen the same pair of bronze 37's on a red car in about 1000 photos it gets pretty old.

Wow. People didn't really drive them alot.

>talking about cars you've seen in photos

How many Toyota Supras have you seen in REAL LIFE with TE37s?

probably little to NONE you know why? because not EVERYONE who owns a supra will pay $500+ a wheel for Volk Te37s

pic related is rice. look at the front bumpers and those chrome wheels

OP watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=a6FmUpbLwHY

watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=sFW0VTLicXM

There are two that go to this local meet with 37's. Both are perfectly nice cars, its just interesting to see something different.

Those rims look fine, I dont like chrome at all but those are actually decent looking

Volk GT-C's are genuinely ugly imo

I like the fact that they give the old topsecret cars vibe

Did Toyota already release the new Supra right under our noses? The more l look at Supras the more the LC looks like a modern version of it. Even the air vents are all in the same places. It's like they realized mid-development that it would be too expensive to wear a Toyota badge so they just loaded it with cowhides and L badges last minute.

>$124,000 for a Supra

holy fuckin shit the absolute state of America

The supra will only be a slightly faster and more expensive GT86. The LC is a completely different vehicle for a completely different audience. Where the LC competes with 6-series and mercedes SL-class, the new supra will compete with cars like the 370z or the audi TT

Just buy an SC300 and call it a day

>real te37s
>cheap or rice
They look good, are light, and are strong. No shit they're used a lot. Do you find dykes with stupid hair and ugly piercings more attractive than pale busty redheads because theyre unique?

Weren't they over $40,000 in 1995?

A fully specd model went for around 50k back in 1995, thats an absurd amount of money for a toyota even by todays standards. you can in reality find a none fucked supra for less than 30k if you look on craigslist and finding a shell for a project is not a difficult task either.

a group of autistic supra fanboys are going to build a company that converts sc300's into restomoded 800hp supras and sell them for $500k a car

this. just get a sleeper shitbox with a 2jz-ge in it.

toyota tax
paul walker tax
weeb tax
they were expensive back then and nobody bought them tax
muh 500hp tune tax
rwd manual sportcar that isnt a pony or a 3 series tax

>SC300
How hard is it for burgers to call them a Soarer?

They realize that supra fanbois are too stupid to believe that rumor about the next supra equips only auto. They exploit those gullible fools to buy an overpriced, sludge and stench smeared second-handed supra.

why though... you literally might as well buy a normal fucking supra and do it up normally... that business idea is actual fucking garbage rofl. Who in their right mind would buy a $500k wanna be supra, instead of just BUYING A FUCKING SUPRA???

its called a Toyota Soarer in the Japanese market but came here as the Lexus SC300. Why would we call it a soarer unless its actually a soarer

>Japanese tax
>FNF tax
>most importantly: 1,300 turbo, 6 speeds were ever made

They made a fuck ton more RHD Supras than LHD ones.

I'll fight literally everyone here.

Paul Walker is not the sole reason, they were valued far before 2001. Cinemas may have been a factor in inflation, but they were never going to be cheap here, there were too many reasons at play to ever allow that.

You can get a non-VVTi 2JZ for $2.7-3k reliably.

This nigga gets it.

>nonsense

>There are better ways to acquire a JZ model engine for much less money
There's a lot more to it than just the engine.You can throw a jet engine on a bicycle, what's it all mean?

I'm not really sure how common Supra crashes are considering they were expensive from the gitgo.

Nice pic.

Seem like clickbait titles.

Asking price is not selling price.

>The supra will only be a slightly faster and more expensive GT86
This guy ...

I already own an SC and associate with many Supra owners. They're not interchangeable as a driving experience.

Pic related is the most accurate table of prices for the US.

>Toyota tax
Doesn't exist.

>Paul Walker tax
Gets exaggerated.

>weeb tax
Is that why MR2s are still cheaper than Civics?

>they were expensive back then and nobody bought them tax
That's called supply and demand.

>muh 500hp tune tax
Being a good platform for tunability is valued. Who would have guessed.

(You)

>biting the bait

>Japanese tax
See above.

>FNF tax
See above.

>>most importantly: 1,300 turbo, 6 speeds were ever made
>They made a fuck ton more RHD Supras than LHD ones.

This is correct. Only 10,530 units were produced for the US.

Also, nice job sorting by highest price. As if it weren't obvious.

There's always this 1 (One) mentally challenged autistic guy who blogpost like its tumblr or facebook.

No one cares about your fucking post appearing in every fucking answer of the fucking thread, busrider.

>doesn't reply to every post
>zero blogging

There's always this 1 (one) guy who has to tell someone else to go fuck off and call them a busrider.

Look at Canada
You can get rhd turbo supra easily for 15k or less
But still the left hand drive manual turbos cost the same as they do in the states
Literally nothing to do with fnf and people who think so are just dumb fucks

>Literally nothing to do with fnf and people who think so are just dumb fucks

this. only kids say this.

You can't get a turbo supra for 15k in any country. You might pick up a semi -wreck, but that's it.
Straya has a fuck tonne of the turbo and non turbos and they are 35k dollarydoos starting for a mk4.

As for your comments about price it's true.
OP is just mad that he can't pick up an overpowered meme machine for poverty money. The same goes for literally any decent trim fast car.

The supra went up against the nsx, the rx7, r34, and Ferrari's back in the day as part of an initiative of the nips to take on the race car market that Ferrari and porsche had a stranglehold over. Of course it was going to be expensive, do you see any of those other cars sold as cheap skid rigs these days?

It's like people complaining about the price of s2k's and mr2 turbo sw20s. It was expensive, there aren't very many, and people want them.

Straya you can pick up non turbo manuals for 10k and turbo manuals for under 20k
Yoire crazy dude

100% this. I want the uninformed false memes to end.

for once something is cheaper in australia

Even the older generation Supras are expensive here. If I want to find a mk3 that is in good condition with an r154 and 7mgte I'm looking at around 8-13k where I live. I can find shit ones for less but they are almost garbage

fuck off they are, go check again
its 15 grand starting for a turbo, 20-25k will get you a decent one

I was about to not reply to this bs just so you don't think you are an important queer, but fuck it.
Nobody gives a shit faggot.

git

Haha burgers in Aussieland you can get one as cheap as 10k, go check carsales AU

It ain't a twin turbo dream machine.

Fuck off Sean Finn you fat liar

Come to Nz you fucking retard. NA supras are like 5-8k USD, Turbos are from 9k USD upwards depending on specs

That's what happen when a car become a rice meme, also as always once you pump 1500+ hp to the engine because muh tuning and realize you fucked up your car, mysteriously it goes on sale.

here's a (You) now to masturbating on your rice collection on NFS

>offended because he can't read

If you don't want to address the post because it's too long maybe I should've broken it down, replied to each one individually. I'm sorry you retards only have 10-second attention spans.

It's not the supra people are talking about you spastic sheep shagging cunt... Burgers watched fnf and decided the top tier mk4 version is the same as the shitty cheaper models, and hardly anybody knows the difference.

You think you'll be hitting 500bhp with a tune in a mid-range cop-out trim supra?

2jz-gte, nigga.

They sell for more than an NSX

Wrong.

what in the actual fuck?
im going to look for cheaper ones but pic is 1997 twin turbo 6 speed manual, 96,000km on the clock.

Wicked.

>16k dollarydoos

Those wheels gave me culturally enriched cancer.

I bet it's an automatic.

>$18,880 dollarydoos

>$17,990 dollarydoos

22k dollarydoos

25k dollarydoos

29k dollarydoos

and last one i found worth looking at for 42k.

>I'll fight literally everyone here.
>just spews gay memes
And thats why no one listens to faggots like you.

>can't infer tone
>chastises for attempting to "start conflict" despite actual replies being largely neutral in tone
>starts conflict anyway

Wew.

>33,000 usd

>facts are memes now
How old are you to take to heart tone over substance this much? If I said the sky was blue in a mean enough tone would you disagree?

Well they are HRE's so they better look good since they cost an arm and a goddamn leg. That said I do aspire to own a set one day.

Now that's an idea !

I can't like them because they are just so ugly. I cannot understand how people think they look good, they're big fat jellybean cars and every single one with a body kit looks like a ricer's wet dream because the kits are all so "aggressive" and over styled.

Riced out auto trash

Non turbo

might be a turbo manual car but still riced out and it's over 40k. Imagine that. Stock turbo 6 speed cars that haven't been fucked with are 40-50k usd. No getting around that

you just have bad taste and probably have never driven one. its ok. These can be drag monsters. Track monsters. or even drift monsters.

I don't even want to drive one because it's so ugly that I don't even really want to look at it. I have no interest in 900hp "monsters" anyway, driving my MG around the track or hilly roads is far more fun to me than my M5 or even the SL63 I got rid of to get the M5.

I've never seen a mark IV on the streets before (I live in seattle) but honestly what the fuck do you guys expect. it's probably a good thing

if supras went for $20,000 in the states the fags who rice out G37s and STIs would just buy supras and ruin them. They are more special when they are expensive and it encourages people to keep them stock even though retards ruin them anyways (cosmetically at least).

We all ride the bus and drive camrys so it's not like we'd be buying them anyways

>I have no interest in 900hp "monsters"

>implying all of them make 900 hp.
>implying an MG is more fun than a supra around a track.

youtube.com/watch?v=YvjTAmZ59NI
and you don't have an M5 or SL63 you lying fuck

>going full sperg out retard because someone doesn't like your favorite car
>implying an SL63 or an M5 are in any way unattainable to the average hard working person
ISHYGDDT

Maybe if you tell that yourself often enough it will become true

t. Other guy

And that is why clean examples are rare and expensive

Bunch of idiots turned them into dyno queens and drag cars, with hand grenade engines.

Then other idiots turned Turbo supras in during cash 4 clunkers

>Bunch of idiots turned them into dyno queens and drag cars, with hand grenade engines.

u wot m8

my STOCK INTERNAL Daily Driver MkIV has 1400 WHEEL HP on pump gas runs mid 7s ALL DAY in Colorado and I havn't even had to change the oil since 2015.

Shows what you know.

its not even my favorite car.

I didn't say those are unattainable, you just dont and never have owned any of those cars.

>stock internals
>1400hp

Gonna need better bait m8

k

my stock internals run 3200hp

I like how all the replies you got pointed out how autistic you are, and from there, you just reply with more autistic shit. You're doing the lord's work, son.

We got the JDM models.

>$124,995

>Over 120k for a modded track car
>At 59,668 miles on the odometer

How can anyone defend this insanity?

i don't think you guys understand what riced out means..
Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancements

those cars are closer to being tuners and all RZ supras are twin turbo.

I cant wait for the new one. Who else woke as fuck