I just picked up a used F30 320i but I am feeling kinda down because people view it as the poor fags BMW

I just picked up a used F30 320i but I am feeling kinda down because people view it as the poor fags BMW.

I wanted something sporty, but also wanted something practical. The sporty cars I drove weren't refined enough for a family car and the refined cars were autos (thinking BMW diesel or bluetec), or they just cost more in gas (335i).

The car I got was loaded with packages, pretty cheap, RWD, good handling feels, and great MPG so it felt like the best compromise. But I feel like I could have gotten something more powerful but still practical (535d), or just said fuck fuel costs and got something more sporty (335i).

I feel shitty that I actually like my car but am influenced by other people's opinion of the model. Should I just view it as a commuter car and get a 911 or m2 down the road when I need something sporty? I actually want to mod this car but don't want to be judged for starting on shitty canvas. Thinking about stage 1 and suspension mods. Anyone have any insight to my predicament?

>buying a 4-cylinder bmw
you should feel bad. literally slower than a v6 accord. if the difference in mpg between the 320 and 335 matters to you, you can't afford a bmw.

It still has a BMW interior and handles like a BMW. Its a nice little commuter car thats way more comfortable than any Jap ecobox or Ford abortion. Don't worry too much about what boy racers think. 99.99% of people have no idea 3 series means anyway.

Post your headlight. I bet you have halogen reflectors you poorfag.

But straight line speed really only matters to me for highway pulls and intersection take-offs. In the city I don't really do that. Going fast in corners interests me.

Also I was influenced by someone on Veeky Forums who said that it is better to drive a slow car fast and actually get good at driving it on the track, vs. not being able to handle all that power on a course.

I can afford it easily, but I am a jew with money and that is why I have a lot. My first car was an e46 330i zhp that my dad owned, so I didn't have to pay for anything.

I was actually about to buy a wrx but I couldn't get over the interior look and feel, ergonomics among other things.

That was actually my biggest issues with new cars.

pic from my garage, dont want to open it right now to take a better one.

Hey man I'm a BMW purist and drive an E39 Sport and I generally dislike 4 cylinder BMWs more because of the people who tend drive them (like people who brag about owning a 5 year old iPhone or women who can't drive) , which is where most likely the hate came from. But they almost always drive a povo spec model which you can tell from a mile away. But yours is an M Sport so I wouldn't stress, anyone who gets the sport obviously has taste and particularly in a well spec'd version in a nice rare colour like that.
Gone are the days of the E46 318i which was built like a pram, BMW have been in the 4 cylinder game long enough now they're building quality engines.
You sound perfectly normal and you obviously know you're not driving an M3 or anything so I wouldn't stress, I'd definitely enjoy seeing the thing drive past me.
End of the day the main thing is you like it and look after it, I see any 5 or 10 year old BMW or older in mint condition I'll like it whatever it is.
Also please keep it original, unless you're going to upgrade with BMW parts, it has M suspension so unless you're putting in M3 suspension you're not going to get better handling more tailored to the vehicle from anything else. Originality is best with BMW.

Just enjoy your purchase because novelty will wear off eventually naturally, and it is a very nice car by any objective defnition.

if you live in the city then why the fuck did you buy a gas car? should've bought a prius or volt or something.

Thanks for the perspective, that helps. I will try to keep it mostly stock but might do an ecu tune.

Good point, I'll try not to worry too much.

I have a hybrid already. Wife is thinking about getting the i3 (I actually like the way they drive), or maybe even a tesla.

Also to point out, I had been driving fwd CVT hybrids for many years and really missed having a clutch anything besides FWD.

>people view it as the poor fags BMW
Did someone speak up to you or is that the opinion you picked up on Veeky Forums plus assumptions on your side?

>i actually like my car
That's all that matters, you like your car, you don't have to talk it down.

Thats the shittiest modern BMW possible and yes, you should feel bad.

However, your stuck with it for a while so either

A. Insurance Fraud

or

B. Deal with it

Also, BMW has more of a luxury connotation than sporty, so in reality nobody really cares.

Except anybody who knows about cars. We are all laughing at your cheapskate ass.

Haha seriously this is the type of person you should be laughing at.

If people like him don't like your car, then as far as i'm concerned you are doing something right.

It's a brilliant car, it is definitely fast enough and is actually practical. On top of that it is a looker. You are onto a winner OP, don't try and talk yourself down at all just be happy and comfortable in yourself. You have a better car there than most.

On top of it there is all sorts of added bonus' such as iDrive etc. Connected drive is a dream.

I bet your Mrs looks bloody good in that next to you.

I drive a M3 and actually want a 328 for a daily. I've had one as a loaner a couple times over the years and they're pretty enjoyable.

Grass is always greener OP. Drive it for awhile and then upgrade to something faster.

it's a great car
there are people who look down on any car

>I wanted something sporty
A 320i isn't "sporty" moron you should feel down

>It still has a BMW interior and handles like a BMW. Its a nice little commuter car thats way more comfortable than any Jap ecobox or Ford abortion. Don't worry too much about what boy racers think. 99.99% of people have no idea 3 series means anyway.

This.

Stop listening to autists on the internet, they ruin everything.

You could've got a 335i, and those faggots would've been laughing at you for getting a gas guzzling 3.5 litre BMW and spending so much on a 3 series "entry level executive" when you could've got a slightly older M3 or 5 series or Nissan GTR for that money or something. People will complain about everything.

I have a 320i and love it. It's comfy, handles well, interior is "nice" (but not full leather Mercedes tier), it was very reasonably priced, gets good mileage, it cruises comfortably at 70 or 80mph. It's not enthusiast car fast but its still faster than tin can Hyundais and other shit normies drive.

Anyway we all know the real cuckmobiles are the 320d, 316i, 116i etc. But hey there's probably 116 owners out there who say "hey it beats the bus and my shitty Aygo I owned before this.", and he's right.

literally slower than a v6 accord.

>sporty
>320i
try harder newfag

So you're the kiddie in the tricked out Honda trying to race me down the motorway on ramp and eeking past me at 2mph then masturbating furiously to the memory when you get home that night.

And when you get sick of the harsh ride and cheap plastic interior, and decide to get out of your car and turn around, you see an ugly Honda fuckin Accord looking back at you.

You can keep your 0.5s 0-60 advantage

Should have gotten a 328i

Not him but next on my list is a 6 banger with full leather interior.

Meanwhile this is fine (and less likely to blow a gasket on a highway). Gotta work your way up from somewhere.

>gotta work your way up from somewhere
if you're a massive faggot. it's called driving your 3k civic for an extra year while you save up the difference between a 320i and 340i.

>320d
i'd prefer that one

get the diesel if you can, same power, more torque and better mileage.

>335i
>3.5 litres

Try again, man from 1998.

Normies won't know and that's all that matters.

To a roastie, a used 320i and a $577,500 BMW M1 Bertone are the exact same thing.

Read carefully. The post doesnt say that.

..did you get the m sport spec?

Because those look nice.

As for it being a 320i.. it doesnt really matter, committed driving is what its about..

You can still have fun in it.

If thats not what you want to do then its not even an issue.

Also they all look the same.. identical almost so just have it debadged.

It should age gracefully so you did good.

I have a 330e.. i know i should have got the 335d but couldnt budget that little extra.

Also i once got taken by a 116d from the lights..

Made me double take for a moment.

>m sport but not an M3
>just have it debadged.

I judge both of these though.

I don't judge someone for driving their car and owning it. But debagding it to hide the shame of owning a 318d? Or trying to show off in an M looking car that's not actually an M car? Eww

But the m sport body kit looks a lot better.

And the wheel options are nicer.

OPs pic is the m sport and the front bumper looks "sporty"

OPs pic is also the m sport+ alloys which probably means it has the better brake package also.

..dont worry, if you have seen the new 5 then you know there is plenty to talk about regarding styling.

As for debadging..

Each to his own.

It's about seven times more expensive and barely an entire one second faster than my fifteen year old N/A Civic that somehow still manages to have a nicer looking and more practical interior.

If you like your car power to you but if pure performance or pure luxury or even just reasonable maintenance and ownership costs was your goal you missed all the marks.

Gtfo busrider

Objectively shit opinion right here newfags

What is this "muh speed above all else" mentality?

Your ideal car would be a Renault Twingo from the 90s made from papier mache with no sound proofing at all, weighing about 500kg, but with a big V6 or V8 under the hood cos "MUH 0-60 TIMES DUDE HIGHWAY PULLS".

A 3 series is a compact executive. It's comfier than your Civic. It still looks factory fresh after 10 years if cared for properly. It doesn't fall to pieces after 15 years. It's quieter inside and more refined. The power is adequate.

When you drive even an entry level BMW you always see fags in cars like Civics trying to race you like
>"dude just stop here on this highway onramp so we can get a standing start from 0 and I'll trounce you to 60 hahaha slow much pigfat German shit lmao what a shit car mine's better"

Must suck to be that insecure.

I also have a 10 year old civic..

I have to say its one of the best cars iv had.

..iv not had many but its the most fun for sure.

And its not let me down.

Its a little different that its a turbo diesel but at just under 100k miles.

It feels like its just been worn in.

I suppose if i get anything on another level then maybe i might feel differently.

But i dont mind if i pick up the keys on the bmw or the civic which is really saying something.

Although i dont push the bmw to any sort of limit.

My point is that it's not fast, it's not even close to luxury, it's literally just a 30k-35k shitbox that can't even make a mere 200 HP from a turbocharged 2.0 without having a good reason to do so. If it was actually nice I could understand the point other than showing off your newer BMW badge to other BMW fans.

>doesn't fall apart after 15 years
Correct, a F30 will fall apart after 5 years. Making the Civic a longer lasting car too.

user who said driving a slow car fast is better is right. The only reason you should feel bad for buying it is if you are going to listen to all the btfo busriders who are jealous of your car. Think of it like this - you just got a car that will show you whether people actually are in2cars ("nice car how does it handle user??") or the other dumbasses that only care about muh 0-60 ("wow dude can't believe you got the poverty spec bmw, you can't jerk off with us in the locker room anymore")
I like it better than the 335i, and you should too.

I work at a BMW dealership and having taken a few of these apart I can honestly say they're gigantic pieces of shit. If you expect an f30 to last longer than 5 years without needing major repairs you're delusional... sorry but these new gen cars are built to barely last long enough for the warranty to expire, they're not built like the earlier E cars were.

i think if you wanted a car that was fun to corner, you shouldnt have gotten a heavy ass car with electronic steering.

> fifteen year old N/A Civic that somehow still manages to have a nicer looking and more practical interior.

t. Fag who has not been on in the inside of a car made in the past 5 years. And definitely never a BMW.

debadge it, europeans always debadge their benzes or bimmers

>When you drive even an entry level BMW you always see fags in cars like Civics trying to race you like
It happens in most BMWs. When I drive my dads 530d I also encounter shitboxes trying to overtake me for shits and giggles

Just an ECU tune would be enough to make it decently fast. You can get into intake and exhaust mods but I don't think the power gains are worth it

>tfw I bought a 428xi 7 months ago
>tfw now I'm making 2-3x as much as I was then, want something faster but don't want to lose $7k on a trade in
>tfw I'm basically in purgatory making payments on a car that I do enjoy but that I'd like to replace

Luckily I have a friend who might take over the payments soon. He'll get the 7 months + down payment off of the car and I'll get out of it without losing $7k+ on a trade in. Should work out...hopefully...

Quite clearly

I've owned my fair share of Hondas over the years and I did enjoy them very much so for what they were. zippy cheap easy to work on shitboxes. I've had a BMW now for over 5 years and even though it's an older one it's a night and day difference in just about every aspect, aside from muh 0-60 times. To further this point a friend of mine just purchased an accord ten years newer than my BMW and it still manages to feel like a tin can with lots of wind and ambient noise in the cabin above 35. Not to mention the chincy plastic interior bits.

Point is, as mentioned previously, civic/accord anons don't know what they are missing out on